Missing parcel... worried of Wisconsin

Hi... I don't imagine anyone here knows where it is but I am missing a goodie box from my mate David in Sheffield.

Here in Wisconsin, USA I cannot get... Branston Pickle... Bisto gravey mix... edible chocolate... Rennies (for after the pickle)... KitKats... So my little survival boxes are essential... and now one is missing!!!

It has been on it's way since a week last wednesday :cry: I suspect the pickle sniffer dogs in Chicago in this... one whiff of that heady mix of Branston and Thorntons and they prolly went berserk!!

Guess I just have to wait and hope..... please hope with me... :roll:

graham_mca

Hmmmm, one wonders whether this is just a wind up.

No doubt you want some of our KitKats... American chocolate is terrible.

It doesn't even taste like chocolate, it's just tasteless stuff!

On the flip side though, Reeces Peanut Butter Cups are the best thing I've ever tasted! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm OMFG, they are heavenly!

If you ever visit the North East of the States, drop into FRIENDLY's (a chain of Ice-Cream/Burger Outlets). They do a 'Reeces Peanut Butter Cyclone' and I tell you this straight up, I would pay for a trip to MA, CO or NY just to get one of those.

McD's started the McFlurry after trying a cyclone made by FREINDLY's and not surprising, they are NO-WHERE near as good!

If you like English products, go for a bottle of HP or Daddies Brown Sauce and lets not forget the best of the best HENDERSONS RELISH for those Meat and Potato Pies!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is no wind-up DaBouncer... only wish it was! I am an expat of just 5 months here in the mid-west, Great Lakes area... so this stuff is keenly missed! Problem is... have to have the mate David send stuff that is in plastic bottles for fear of breakage... the Branston in question is kinda liquidised in a squirty bottle I am told.

Is Hendersons Relish in plastic?... I am a Sheffield lad so I know where you are coming from! Dead right about choccy here... tastes like sick... Hershey's... :oops: But peanut butter is indeed good..... Dairy Queen here do a 'blizzard'... sooooo good... ice cream with fresh crushed Snickers, M&M's, Oreo Cookies... whatever you want!!! Gotta love Oreo Cookies! Maybe they do Reeces Butter Cups too... I had some at easter... excellent I agree....

Ordered a 'Zinger' in local KFC the other day.... got 3 fillets in there!! Guess I miss some stuff... but there is lots to love.

But where is my box!!!!!

graham_mca

Originally posted by "graham_mca"

This is no wind-up DaBouncer... only wish it was! I am an expat of just 5 months here in the mid-west, Great Lakes area... so this stuff is keenly missed! Problem is... have to have the mate David send stuff that is in plastic bottles for fear of breakage... the Branston in question is kinda liquidised in a squirty bottle I am told.

Is Hendersons Relish in plastic?... I am a Sheffield lad so I know where you are coming from! Dead right about choccy here... tastes like sick... Hershey's... :oops: But peanut butter is indeed good..... Dairy Queen here do a 'blizzard'... sooooo good... ice cream with fresh crushed Snickers, M&M's, Oreo Cookies... whatever you want!!! Gotta love Oreo Cookies! Maybe they do Reeces Butter Cups too... I had some at easter... excellent I agree....

Ordered a 'Zinger' in local KFC the other day.... got 3 fillets in there!! Guess I miss some stuff... but there is lots to love.

But where is my box!!!!!

graham_mca

3 Fillets??? You Jammy bugger!

Hendersons comes in a glass bottle, but I'm sure your friends would be able to transfer it if you'd prefer... but it's not quite the same! Just tell him to pack it in paper and bubble wrap and you'd be fine!

I think your box may have gone astray by the US customs. They are VERY weird about food being brought into the country you know!

When I was workin in the states I got my better half to send me Choccie in the post.... but it arrived.... Mmmmmmmmm

Hope it arrives soon mate!

Food?... yes I guess you could use that loose term for the contents of my box.... the gravey mix maybe looked suspicious?... Still not arrived yet, but 6 weeks is not unknown for airmail so I still hold out hope.

The good news is I met a scot in Milwaukee and he put me on to a shop called 'O'Brien's' there, run by a Harrogate chap. So I got some 'Boddos', Branston Pickle, Lyles Golden Syrup, HP Sauce. mmmmm. average $3.50 per item except the beer... that was cheap! Happier bunny now.... :twisted:

graham_mca

Bet you are getting Hendersons withdrawal symptons by now.

Obviously some dodgy ex pat customs man has spotted these items and had em away.

Stew or a pie is just not the same without it.

What's the weather like in the mid west, quite tropical her at mo.

23 degrees, sunny.

I guess I'm lucky here in Calgary, there's two pretty decent small British Stores here. About the only place you can get a tin of mushy peas in this city, though I'd have a hard time convincing the wife about them.... :D

Even after 4 years, I am still DYING for some authentic, Baracuda quality chips and battered sausage!! It's almost worth the grand in airfares to come back over and stuff myself silly with them! :lol:

Hi,

Mikey.... yes to the Hendesons Relish withdrawal, but I have got my hands on some HP sauce! Weather is good, taking a little while to warm up though, 70 yesterday, it will soon be constant 80's I am assured, this is my first summer here... the beach will look very attractive then!

I got my fish n chips in Killamarsh usually, from the Admiral... better get a big plate... I do miss that. But I love good chilli and 'Chillis' here in Sheboygan serves plates you have to see to believe! Have to say food is excellent and cheap... no good for the waistline I am afraid....

Air fairs... Whenever I came here, Manchester to Chicago I got some good deals. US to UK returns are always expensive from what I see, the market here just does not have the competition I guess. My kid is coming over next month... paid just over 400 GBP for 2 direct return tickets with BMI! we have faced $1000 a piece from this end... same airline, same flight!!!

You have it good guys... go travel!

Graham_mca

Don't know about your goody bag, but they have just lost a letter I sent to Scandinavia eight days ago, I complained and they have given me a claim form to fill in and say I might get some compensation.

yes i miss all that good food to its just not the same here in toronto canada

Hello hendersons relish fans and espats fond of british food!!

Have a look on http://www.ebay.co.uk you can buy it all there and have it delivered to your door.

:D :D Yee Haaaaaaaa yayyyyyyyyyyyy

My parcel arrived..... turned out it had been sent by surface inadvertantly....

All is well... all is intact..... Branston smooth is ok!! mmmmmmm choccy.... lovely weather too.... I'm a happy ex-patty again.....:lol:

graham_mca

PS thanks for all the good advice and symapthy along the way you lovely Sheffielders.....