Why cant people just say CONGRATULATIONS when you say 'im pregnant?'

Sorry but I am finding it hard that, when you tell people you're expecting, even family members, you don't get 'congratulations', you get ' oh you're gunna struggle' and they laugh at you!!! Understandable in my case to an extent, I have a 9 month old princess and am 10 weeks pregnant with twins, but I still dont think it gives people the right!!! It upsets me that almost everyone doesn't think you've thought about the whole thing already and that you've jumped in with 2 feet first! I am excited about having another (2) babies, but it doesn't make me love my little girl any less or do any less with her!!! Really sorry to have a moan but i'm getting to point now where im getting ready to tell everyone now and think I might just burst at someone if it carries on :(

Congratulations on your pregnancy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

my family was the same with my 2 children when i found out when i was pregnant end of the day if you are in a long term relationship and wanting to commit to each other by having children thats up to you no one eles family always think they know best congratulations i wish you all the look in your pregnancy with your twins please keep us updated on your pregnancy

Congratulations!!! :)

Tell your family EXACTLY what you just said. Sod it if they feel guilty. This is a very important time in your life, and they have no right laughing at you and making you more anxious than I imagine you already are

Good Luck!! I'm sure your going to do fine! x

congratulations! as you will know, you can struggle with one baby, so no need for them to say anything other than congrats, you know what you're doing now lol! i think its lovely that you will have a lovely ready made family so soon, quite a few of my friends have been in the same position as you and coped fine! x

enjoy your pregnancy, twins will give you an amazing bump! x

CONGRATS!!!! i always congratulate ppl when they tell me (even though i get jelous i sooooo want a baby lol)

My sister was worried about telling me incase it upset me, but i was over the moon! stuff what other people say its an amazing thing to bring a child or children in your case in the world and dont let anyone make you think any different!!!

thank you everyone :) we understood there was a chance of twins as we had miscarriage with them in 2010, so I am a wreck inside until i see them again in 10 days!!! My lg is a treasure and if they're anything like her, it will be amazing!! We've been together 7 years, lived together for 6 and always been open with each other, him been a male obviously can be a pain in the rear :hihi: but nothing i dont know!!! Im just excited at the thought been pregnant again, although only 9 months since last time, i cant remember a thing!! :loopy: I juts dont like upsetting people or saying cross things, im not the type to confront i just sit back and take whatever, but since having my girl, i have become what i can only say as 'mummy mad' and dont take anything lying down now, dont know if its a good or bad thing...I really want to share all this, but I have been accused of having them, 'because im jealous my sister-in-law has been trying for 1'!!!! HOW RUDE!!!! im not selfish and just because my daughter is only young, doesnt mean it wasnt planned and thought about. Thank you again!! :) xx

I really want to share all this, but I have been accused of having them, 'because im jealous my sister-in-law has been trying for 1'!!!!
jeez - people :rolleyes: 'jealous'? how's that supposed to work then? (no, don't answer, coz it's all just stupid!)

Congratulations, and enjoy your new bump, and make sure you find out as much as you possibly can about available support - if that's the response you're getting from people closest to you!

At least when you get to the 'can't get up now I've bent down' stage, you should have a little person only too willing to pass you things off the floor :D

congratulations hun, i got the same thing i was only having one tho lol but my oldest was only 6 month when i found out i was 8 week pregnant.

yes its going to be a struggel but at least you get all the hard bits over n done with quickly lol, my 2 are toilet training together lol.

congrats again hun n i hope it all goes well for you

when i found out i was pregnant the first time i got he wont stay with you then when our daughter was born i got it wont last a year,3 years later i got pregnant again and i got i carnt afford another one and how will you cope with two, then after my son was born 3 months latter i got pregnant again and got so when are you having another one not once where any of my family or his happy for me when both sets of parents (my mum and dad and his mum and dad) have 3 kids (p.s i was 23 when i got pregnant with my first)

I never say congratulations after saying to someone who, as it turns out, was not happy at all about being pregnant and got very annoyed at me...
Yeah, I have to admit, I usually ask 'are you pleased?'