Nearly New Baby Shop

Hello,

I am just looking to find out if there is any demand for a nearly new baby shop to open in the S5/S6 area?

As a new 'mum to be' myself, I am finding it very expensive buying new equipment, clothes, etc etc for my baby.

I have been selling baby/toddler clothing on Ebay for some time now and am thinking of branching out to selling equipment, prams, toys and clothing in a small shop.

Do you think there would be demand for this?

Do you know of any other second hand baby stores in sheffield?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

hi i know there is one "little rascals" i think its called opposite debahnams in town just up from the moor. i am expecting and i go for second hand rather then full price got my travel system off here in mothercare @ £280 on here £60; only 3 months old hardly used... have to buy a raincover and a car seat bumper part it came with seat but that bit that goes in the car...

other then that the markets and charity shops . also i live in s5 so would be less out of my way. the only brand spanking new thing ive bought for baby is the steriliser from asda £30. got a bouncer on here £15 (gorgeous) , a friend gave me her moses basket and stand kindly but i use SF alot weve got a changing unit, clothes, and a cotbed previously for my stepdaughter love the swap box also at midwives either a few quid or clothing of your babys outgrown for ones that will fit him her now . great idea or you can just give as a donation :) best of luck and keep us updated

Hi, I'm a first time mummy to be too, and have opted for the gently used and second hand stuff too - charity shops are great, I've bought loads of babygros and all in one vests for between 20p and 35p each, and have found e-bay great for baby items/accessories and maternity clothes too. Gumtree and Preloved are great sites to use and I've managed to pick up a brand new white swinging crib for £25 (normally £120 in Mothercare) and a Babysrus bouncer/vibrating chair for £20 (normally £90!!) I love the Gingerbread range from M&P's and have managed to get nearly a full nursery items set for £28 - which would have cost over £100 in store. I definitely think a nearly new baby store (whether shop or online) would be greatly beneficial, especially in today's economic climate. The only thing that we have bought brand new is the pram and nursery furniture, everything else has come from very generous friends or 2nd hand. Go for it!!!! xx

There is now a nearly new baby shop in Firth Park as well as the one in town.

also there is mothercare clearance shop down the bottom end of the moor around stapels

Mothercare would be good to go to at the moment as they are closing down a lot of their stores nationwide, so there will be better bargains to be had! Mamas and Papas have a clearance store in Huddersfield that I've visited and got £280 worth of stuff for £120 - all brand new, but some out of the packaging, packaging slightly damaged, end of or some bits missing (mainly a toy that hangs down from a play gym or a muslin square missing from the set) I do think Sheffield and surrounding areas would benefit from a dedicated nearly new baby and perhaps maternity store. I would certainly pay it a visit!

Hello

Thank you So much for your advice and replies - All very helpful.

I will be in touch soon with further details if any plans are finalised.

In the meantime, any further replies will be happily received.

Thank you.