Surrogacy in Sheffield?

Sorry if this turns into a long post, I'm going to try and keep it factual rather than emotional, despite how I'm feeling.

I'm wondering if anyone in Sheffield has been a surrogate or had a child through surrogacy?

Apparently very few babies are born through surrogacy each year in the UK (around 50-100), and I don't know anyone personally, or through my extended network, who's experienced it (from either side). I know there are organisations that have forums and support for surrogacy, but I was wondering about doing it in Sheffield specifically.

Our much longed for baby was stillborn recently, and the likelihood is that further pregnancies would end the same way. He was conceived through IVF, and we're lucky enough to still have 4 frozen embryos (our son's 'twins'). We've considered adoption for many years, but decided to keep trying with IVF, and although we were blessed to get pregnant, it wasn't to be. I don't feel ready to move to adoption while we still have some embryos on ice (our little frosties).

Surrogacy is a potential way forward. Our son was perfect, but my body let him down. Potentially our little frosties have a good chance in another woman's body.

Jessops ACU are fantastic, we've had some counselling with them as we wanted to be egg donors (I still will be one day, but our last IVF cycle didn't give us enough eggs to be allowed to share), and I suspect they'd be supportive of surrogacy as they believe strongly in gamete sharing, but it's not really clear.

Has anyone been involved in surrogacy at Jessops? Or CARE Sheffield?

Thank you in advance for your replies. I will talk to them directly of course, but sometimes these things need to be heard first hand.

Not something i know much about, but i want to wish you good luck and hope you find a surrogate. Have you tried looking for advice on baby and bump?

Hi, such a touching story! I have 3 boys myself and would like to help u Im 33 and slim and health. Contact me on 07979748125 or [email protected]

Sorry if this turns into a long post, I'm going to try and keep it factual rather than emotional, despite how I'm feeling.

I'm wondering if anyone in Sheffield has been a surrogate or had a child through surrogacy?

Apparently very few babies are born through surrogacy each year in the UK (around 50-100), and I don't know anyone personally, or through my extended network, who's experienced it (from either side). I know there are organisations that have forums and support for surrogacy, but I was wondering about doing it in Sheffield specifically.

Our much longed for baby was stillborn recently, and the likelihood is that further pregnancies would end the same way. He was conceived through IVF, and we're lucky enough to still have 4 frozen embryos (our son's 'twins'). We've considered adoption for many years, but decided to keep trying with IVF, and although we were blessed to get pregnant, it wasn't to be. I don't feel ready to move to adoption while we still have some embryos on ice (our little frosties).

Surrogacy is a potential way forward. Our son was perfect, but my body let him down. Potentially our little frosties have a good chance in another woman's body.

Jessops ACU are fantastic, we've had some counselling with them as we wanted to be egg donors (I still will be one day, but our last IVF cycle didn't give us enough eggs to be allowed to share), and I suspect they'd be supportive of surrogacy as they believe strongly in gamete sharing, but it's not really clear.

Has anyone been involved in surrogacy at Jessops? Or CARE Sheffield?

Thank you in advance for your replies. I will talk to them directly of course, but sometimes these things need to be heard first hand.

i have just come across this post and wanted to say i hope you managed to find a surrogate? I wish you all luck in the world. I would love to be able to help someone as i have 3 children and no longer wanting anymore it would be great to help someone who is so passionate about having a child. My thoughts and wishes are with you and your family xxx

Hi my name is james im 24 and been in a relationship for 5 years married for three, my wife has three wonderful children i call/raise as my own, but having had complications during the birth of her third child the doctors decided to remove my wifes uterus and womb, so can no longer have children, we have both agreed that having more children is something we would like and having one of my own is something i am commited to trying every avenue to make possible, not been able to afford gency fees i am hoping someone can help make my dream come true and give me a child of my own, as well as giving a child a loving family, if anyone can help please email me on [email protected] ,

Thank You

James

So strange coming across this post, I had my 2nd child 12weeks ago & was seriously thinking about helping other have what I have. I really wish the best xxx