S.o.s. My baby has cows milk allergy

Hi everyone.

My baby is 7 months old and has cows milk allergy.Since his bırth,I have given him Hipps Organic Formula milk and breastmilk.I have begun with 6 months solid foods,but he eats only rice pudding,porrudge and yoghurt.He never eats vegetables and fruits I have tried everything,purees,soups..I am so sad and desperate now.When he eats and drinks milk products he has redness on his faces which is very ıtchy(sometimes he scratchs and they are bleeding:( and during the night he can not sleep well,because he has blocked nose,he can not breathe well.

My questions are:

1.what can I do now?

2.Can I use goats milk for him?

3.His doctor suggested him Aptamil pepti.I dont want to give him something like that,but do you give your baby this formula.How is it?

i would go back to your doctor and ask for referral to the dietician at the childrens x

My son has Oat Milk. The doctor at children's hospital recommended it when he was one and he loves it. He did have regular blood tests to begin with to check he was getting everything he needed though so it may be worth speaking with your GP.

I really would not do anything unless the doctors who diagnosed your sons allergy tell you to do it............babies can become very sick very quickly by not being fed correctly (in accordance with any medical needs they may have).

you need to go the gp, there are a number of formulas that cen help such as nutramigen, pepti junior and neocate, all are available on prescription, the gp may want to refer your baby to gastroenterologist, i have 4 children with dairy allergies, i breast fed 2 till 2 and they went straight onto rice milk at 2, 1 went onto neocate at 6 mths, this baby has been put on nutramigen since 14mths, i have no problems with these formulas, although i feel neocate is the best, your baby is too young for goats formula, it can be used from 12 mths, you need to cut the dairy out completely, ths will encourage your baby to eat other foods, as often some 'children get addicted' to the foods that are doing them harm. there are no other options until your baby is 12 mths and either goat formula or alpro milk but ONLY the one with extra multivits included - as advised by our dietician, please see your gp asap, you are doing your baby no good by continually pushing something that could be potentially causing harm, there is no problem with these formulas, my children have thrived on them, and I'm a pro-breastfeeder lol, good luck and hope baby gets better soon