Sign in to follow this  

Sheffield SuperBowl, Hillsborough

OK, so it's been closed for a few years now, and it's still an empty wreck of a building.

I'm trying to find out who owns it so I can see if it's up for sale or lease.

Anyone know anything about it, or be able point me in the direction of finding out?

Thanks.

thinking of opening a bowling ally?

please say yes!

the hollywood bowl is cak and overpriced :(

Hollywood was never as good as us.

I was the DJ there for 5 years, and the place was great.

I've heard loads of rumours about the sell-off process, but since it's still an empty space a few of us have our own conspiracy theories!

I've had the idea of turning it back into a bowl. Since I've been in the business for over a decade I could make a go of it.

Just need to know who owns the building first.

I heard it sold for £4 million, but I don't know why anyone would spend that amount of cash and not do anything with it.

Does anyone agree that the Bowling alley at handsworth desperately needs "doing up" ? My friends and I think its a dump to be brutally honest, its so oldfashioned!

Originally posted by "caprice"

Does anyone agree that the Bowling alley at handsworth desperately needs "doing up" ? My friends and I think its a dump to be brutally honest, its so oldfashioned!

If I remember correctly, it was bought from First Liesure back in the olden days.

As it's a small independant, it lacks the financial backing to do it up.

I wonder if he'll sell it to me?

ahh the FASTLANE, that used to be good too :(

(its quite close to me too)

with the possiblity of tram links being forged to there it might be a business goldmine

Fastlane is quite close to me too! It does get a fair bit of business though, despite its oldfashioned appearence... I know a number of schools who have arranged to do offsite Physical Education in association with fastlane. So they do get quite a bit of money really.

the bowling alley at handsworth

Damn, the Superbowl closed. Spent many a fun night up there before I left the city.

Guest Guest
8) the bowling alley as been bought by a barnsley buisness group,the building will be knocked down and turned in to a parking lot for 400 cars foe the new devolepment of a new shopping complex were sommerfield stands now,also the old train station at wadsley bridge will be opend to make adirect line to doncaster then on to dover.

Originally posted by "Anonymous"

8) the bowling alley as been bought by a barnsley buisness group,the building will be knocked down and turned in to a parking lot for 400 cars foe the new devolepment of a new shopping complex were sommerfield stands now,also the old train station at wadsley bridge will be opend to make adirect line to doncaster then on to dover.

Interesting.

Who's your source?