Has anybody ever been Hypnotized ?

I mean properly hyponotized for a reason like: hypnotized to lose weight, quit smoking, pain control. Did it work?

What was your experience like?

I remember seeing a show on holiday. When the host picked people from the audience I guessed which ones would be hypnotized - out of my 4 guesses 3 were right. I think you have to be very "liberal minded" in order for it to work. If someone tried it on me I think I would be too stubborn to fall under his/her spell.

Edit: Was just thinking that given different circumstances, more people would probably fall under. At a public show in a bar, the main people who fall under are the fairly confident, first hand up, volunteers. In a 1-to-1 session I guess things could differ.

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

I remember seeing a show on holiday. When the host picked people from the audience I guessed which ones would be hypnotized - out of my 4 guesses 3 were right. I think you have to be very "liberal minded" in order for it to work. If someone tried it on me I think I would be too stubborn to fall under his/her spell.

Edit: Was just thinking that given different circumstances, more people would probably fall under. At a public show in a bar, the main people who fall under are the fairly confident, first hand up, volunteers. In a 1-to-1 session I guess things could differ.

If you read this Geoff, you will fall asleep..... when you awake everytime you see the word "eggbound" you will post the words "eh?!"

AWAKEN........

eggbound

eh?!

eggbound

eggbound

eggbound

eh?!

:shock: :lol:

I have been hypnotised many times in my life, but not on the stage usually by girls that I have met over the years, sadly it always wore off very quickly.

P.S. I am still willing any volunteers??? :D:D:D

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Yes, I have seen shows while on holiday and found it hard to understand how people have managed to get hypnotized. I just can't see it working on me.

Originally posted by "halevan"

I have been hypnotised many times in my life, but not on the stage usually by girls that I have met over the years, sadly it always wore off very quickly.

P.S. I am still willing any volunteers??? :D:D:D

This bloody site is turning into Blind Date. Come on, ladies, answer the man.

I have a CD here called 'How to Hypnotise', created by a real life Hypnotherapist. Although I've not tried it 'yet', upon reading it, it looks pretty good!

Has anyone ever gone under hypnotism to find they have 'claimed' to have a past life?

I find this fascinating although feel sceptical about it. I would not like to think I had to come back and do it all again. There must be stories out there about peoples experiences, who claim they have returned and lived before. I think I'm too scared to undergo hypnotherapy, but if anyone has or knows of anyone elses stories, please tell.:)

I remember a friend of the family stating that they took their 3 yr old daughter to Rivelin for the first time and said they'd go to the swings. She set off running in the wrong direction shouting she knew where they were, on catching up with her they found spare land with stumps where swings used to be. The little girl insisted that's where the swings should be but they hadn't been there for many years.

Whoops! Think this should have gone on the general chit chat page, sorry folks don't know how to move it.

Blimey - that's weird!

I was just about to reply when I went into a trance. I just woke up and now I'm astonished - 3 and a half years have passed!

I have started seeing a hypnotist to help deal with depression and sleep problems. After two sessions, i have noticed an enormous difference so i would definitely recommend it.

I had hypnotherapy to help calm my fears of surgery.

It didn't work.