What dog is best (for non-shedding)?

I am thinking on getting a dog but dont know what to get, i want a loving one,not too big and no molting hairs..what dogs do not shed shed loads of hair??

Cheers!:)

Do not get a Labrador. It sheds loads of the stuff. Maybe a Beagle although i hear they can be hard work?

what dogs do not shed shed loads of hair??

Poodles.

Failing that, something with a short, wiry coat rather than anything remotely resembling Lassie...

Poodles.

Failing that, something with a short, wiry coat rather than anything remotely resembling Lassie...

Yeah poodles!

Failing that a poodle cross-breed, maybe a Labradoodle.

Don't laugh, these were crossed for blind people who are allergic to dog hair.

They've become quite trendy and now breeders are crossing all sorts with poodles especially in America ( no surprise there ).

Poodles do have a good temprement and they don't have to be cut in that silly fashion.

They were working dogs at one time, quite intelligent second only to the boarder collie.

M.

There are so many to choose from. Be sure to do your homework though. Getting a dog is a really big committment, and shouldn't be undertaken lightly :)

Dad's got a Cocker spaniel. She's very loving and affectionate, and she hardly molts. I would say she comes under the medium sized dog bracket.

Regarding molting: don't make the classic mistake of thinking short-haired breeds don't molt, they do (as my Rottweiler proves) bless him...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/aardvarkia/c3d70b09.jpg

My last dog, Jack (R.I.P) was a Weimaraner. They are a beautiful breed. He used to molt a little too, although I miss him lots, and would give almost anything to have him back :(

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/aardvarkia/b73404f0.jpg

As with all dogs, the love and respect they give you is unconditional, but if you train a dog properly, and I strongly recommend training classes.....you will have an amazing friend for life, whatever the breed.

Remember, bad dogs aren't born, they're created by owners who don't deserve them...

It might be worth checking out your local sanctuary too, they will have lots of dogs who are desperate for 'Forever' homes.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do :)

that weimaraner is cute, i love the floppy ears:D :)

that weimaraner is cute, i love the floppy ears:D :)

He really was a dog in a million...

I am thinking on getting a dog but dont know what to get, i want a loving one,not too big and no molting hairs..what dogs do not shed shed loads of hair??

Cheers!:)

Westie ?

Cute n Cuddly

hiya - bichon frises are fabulous dogs - similar to a poodle in fur type, but shape of a spaniel (floppy ears), dont molt at all, beautiful natured, dont need oodles of exercise but do need loads of love!!

There are so many to choose from. Be sure to do your homework though. Getting a dog is a really big committment, and shouldn't be undertaken lightly :)

Dad's got a Cocker spaniel. She's very loving and affectionate, and she hardly molts. I would say she comes under the medium sized dog bracket.

Regarding molting: don't make the classic mistake of thinking short-haired breeds don't molt, they do (as my Rottweiler proves) bless him...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/aardvarkia/c3d70b09.jpg

My last dog, Jack (R.I.P) was a Weimaraner. They are a beautiful breed. He used to molt a little too, although I miss him lots, and would give almost anything to have him back :(

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/aardvarkia/b73404f0.jpg

As with all dogs, the love and respect they give you is unconditional, but if you train a dog properly, and I strongly recommend training classes.....you will have an amazing friend for life, whatever the breed.

Remember, bad dogs aren't born, they're created by owners who don't deserve them...

It might be worth checking out your local sanctuary too, they will have lots of dogs who are desperate for 'Forever' homes.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do :)

Jack - How beautiful !!

Westie ?

Cute n Cuddly

Wouldn't really be appropriate in the hair shedding department though would it.

Yappy little things anyway with a chip on there shoulder due to the fact that they are vertically challenged.

Sorry to all you westy lovers.

M.