Anybody here go to Rowlinson School?

Anybody from here go to Rowlinson ?

I went there from 1973 to 1976 :D

Regards CB

UP THE BLADES

64-69 Remember Shipleys' wife having quads on the fertility pill?

Go the blades

I remember Shipley, taught French, and before the quads were born, he use to come to school on an old lambretta scooter. Then after the birth he was on Calendar on the TV, and got loads of free stuff. I think even a new car.

Yup thats him. He was my first year form teacher and loved grabing kids by the sideburns. I went bach to the uk about ten years ago and had a look at the old scool. It looks butchered like they have tried to cram too many buildings together all designed by different architects. My dad did the original electrical work when it was being built, he seemed quite thrilled when I was offered a place there after the 11+.

i went to rowlinson . form room S32 form teacher Chris ? what do i remember of the bad ol day's Miss Hambling(English) getting married and then having a fling with the sports teacher. Mr ibbotson (Geog) saying all children should be peeled and lowered feet first into a lime pit !! finding a Bulls eye in my locker. Dracular Spectacular production. in the drama hall holding people by their feet under the seating and lowering them into the tuck shop store for "Bootie". can't remember learning much though but it was fun when i think back. :)

by the way canadablade. Who are you? i'm from Norton Lee's too (saw you put this on another thread)

i went to rowlinson same time. form room S32 form teacher Chris ? what do i remember of the bad ol day's Miss Hambling(English) getting married and then having a fling with the sports teacher. Mr ibbotson (Geog) saying all children should be peeled and lowered feet first into a lime pit !! finding a Bulls eye in my locker. Dracular Spectacular production. in the drama hall holding people by their feet under the seating and lowering them into the tuck shop store for "Bootie". can't remember learning much though but it was fun when i think back. :)

Yeah remember Ibbotson (think his nephew was in one of my classes ) and Shipley teaching me French.

Got moved from Stonemanures (sp) French class to Shipleys so that was a good thing.

My homeroom teacher was Miss Rook :love: but she had eyes for Laybourne :hihi: And also had Barber for homeroom in 2G

Wow so many memories coming abck

Regards CB

UP THE BLADES

My dad went to Rowlinson from 1971 to 1976. His french teacher was Mr Shipley. He was in form M. Form teacher was Mr Burke and for two years was in the art room with killer Holmes and Mr Campbell. In his form there was Ashley Kay, Chris Shaw, Ian Barton and Paul Rodgers amongst others.

Still keeps in touch with Collete Wilds, Claire Tomlinson, Russ Maynard and Susan Wareham.

I remember Holmes, a real B@#$%rd used to let the kids smoke at the bottom of the sports field. After my first post I got to remeniscing and remembered heaps of names.

Barker:- Big moustache, had a dog and used to go through the slops after lunch to find meat for it,

Ms's Graal and LeRoy Taught french one was a real honey the other should have worn a government health warning, no one has a right to be that ugly.

Holt "Bolt":- Physics poor begger used to lose the plot dead easy and throw tantrums like a two year old.

Ibbottson:_ Liked smacking boys on the botty with a slipper or paddle

Askham:- deputy head, Hit man for below Think I wore out a few of his canes.

CV Kay :- died less than one year after retiring 1968 ish

Then there was the temp woodwork teacher who put his hand through the power planer and sprayed blood and fingers all over the woodwork room windows.

My dad went to Rowlinson from 1971 to 1976. His french teacher was Mr Shipley. He was in form M. Form teacher was Mr Burke and for two years was in the art room with killer Holmes and Mr Campbell. In his form there was Ashley Kay, Chris Shaw, Ian Barton and Paul Rodgers amongst others.

Still keeps in touch with Collete Wilds, Claire Tomlinson, Russ Maynard and Susan Wareham.

PM me your Dads name PrincessL.

I know Collete and her brothers.

Regards CB

UTB

I remember Holmes, a real B@#$%rd used to let the kids smoke at the bottom of the sports field. After my first post I got to remeniscing and remembered heaps of names.

Barker:- Big moustache, had a dog and used to go through the slops after lunch to find meat for it,

Ms's Graal and LeRoy Taught french one was a real honey the other should have worn a government health warning, no one has a right to be that ugly.

Holt "Bolt":- Physics poor begger used to lose the plot dead easy and throw tantrums like a two year old.

Ibbottson:_ Liked smacking boys on the botty with a slipper or paddle

Askham:- deputy head, Hit man for below Think I wore out a few of his canes.

CV Kay :- died less than one year after retiring 1968 ish

Then there was the temp woodwork teacher who put his hand through the power planer and sprayed blood and fingers all over the woodwork room windows.

There were 2 Holmes there was Killer and Howard.

Remember Howard used to take a few lads to Blades matches.

Bumped into Howard on the tube in London after a Blades match at QPR a few years back. He was with Bobby Hurst who now owns a pub in Portugal i think he said.

Wow so many memories from the lads in 2D and 2G :hihi:

Regards CB

UTB

Plenty of pupils from my year (left 82) have since died/been killed/committed suicide..

So have many teachers, apparently (Barber; Stokes; Pickering; Ibbotson)