View Full Version : Another PC Lunacy Arrest.........

shoeshine
04-03-2006, 11:20
An arrest by the PC Brigade is reported today..........

Please, feel feel to cry, in between the laughs........

'allo 'allo'allo (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2069322,00.html)

angle20
04-03-2006, 11:23
It's good to know that our police forces are on top of such matters. :rolleyes:

retep
04-03-2006, 11:36
"You have the right to remain silent" comes to mind

Litha
04-03-2006, 11:39
unbeleivable....
ive never understood how anyone can take offence, its a good job we arnt as touchy else it would be bye bye barbie, tiny tears and alsorts :suspect:

mad totally mad :huh:

Don_Kiddick
04-03-2006, 11:45
Think I'm gonna get em to ban Nick Butterworths book "Altogether Now" as it's got a character Whitey - The Polar Bear (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0006646263/103-7650902-4761439?v=glance&n=283155) :o RACISTS!!!

daverity
04-03-2006, 12:00
Ahh West Mercia Police, the very same people that spent 200 thousand quid last year on a US motivational speaker who taught them to say 'welcome' rather than 'hello' because it's 'friendlier'!:loopy: :loopy:

fred_notdead
04-03-2006, 12:18
Buy golly by gosh, what a calamity. Why should Britain be afraid?

Litha
04-03-2006, 12:20
i think we should hold a forum protest
BRING BACK THE GOLLYWOGG :hihi: :hihi:

bellis
04-03-2006, 17:15
the worlds gone mad it really has:rolleyes:

Rich
04-03-2006, 17:24
Meh, once again the fuffing PC brigade rears their ugly head and spoils stuff... :loopy: :rant:

pk014b7161
04-03-2006, 17:35
burglars, muggers ,rapists, are on the prowl .& the police are out nicking golliwogs we can all sleep safe in our beds tonight:rolleyes:

Appolo
04-03-2006, 17:36
you can't call me gollywog any more please note

what are you on about now? (http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/cgo0065l.jpg)

P C brigade gone crazy:loopy:

Rich
04-03-2006, 17:37
burglars, muggers ,rapists, are on the prowl .& the police are out nicking golliwogs we can all sleep safe in our beds tonight:rolleyes:

Golliwogs aren't even real people for god sake! They're just DOLLS! Honestly the PC brigade and the loony left (same difference if you ask me) need shooting... :rant:

SheShe
04-03-2006, 18:06
I loved my gollywog and so did my children. When i couldn't get one when they were small I ended up knitting one but it wasn't the same. Mine is long gone but I would buy another like a shot if I could. I also have discussed this with black friends and thet just laughed and thought it ridiculous.:loopy: :loopy:

shoeshine
04-03-2006, 18:48
Robertson's, the Jam/Marmalade manufacturers used to have a gollywogg emblem on the label of their products since the early 1900's. When I was young, children could save coupons to send to them to obtain small enamel pin-type badges. The older generation of people on SF will remember them well.

Many children collected them. I wonder if we can expect PC. Plod to raid the Stalls at Bring and Buy/Car Boot Sales if an owner were to put some up for sale?

The logo and badges were dropped during the 70's/early 80's....at about the same time "The Black and White Minstrel Show" was dropped by the BBC.

Politically Correct nonsense has been with us for longer than we think.

Enid Blyton, the writer of children's books had a Gollywogg character in her some of her tales.

For those who wish to look at how this little creation first made an appearance prior to the Enid Blyton, read the link supplied.

I suppose if a real ET arrived on Earth, the film too, would be banned by someone somewhere.........it's absolutely barmy.......

Gollywogg History (http://www.ferris.edu/htmls/news/jimcrow/golliwog/)

taxman
04-03-2006, 19:25
OK Confession time.

I once dressed up as a Golly and went around Moss Side in Manchester singing "Mammee"

I was about 9 at the time so that excuses it. The students union were doing their rag parade and one of the floats was sponsored by Robertsons. My Mum worked at the Uni and as I was a cute kid I was volunteered to dress up and caper around on the back of the float as it progressed very slowly through the area in Manchester with the highest number of Afro Carribeans.

I'd probably be arrested and shot if it happened today.

shoeshine
04-03-2006, 19:32
OK Confession time.

I once dressed up as a Golly and went around Moss Side in Manchester singing "Mammee"

I was about 9 at the time so that excuses it. The students union were doing their rag parade and one of the floats was sponsored by Robertsons. My Mum worked at the Uni and as I was a cute kid I was volunteered to dress up and caper around on the back of the float as it progressed very slowly through the area in Manchester with the highest number of Afro Carribeans.

I'd probably be arrested and shot if it happened today.

taxman, I promise not to tell anyone about the above posting, if you are prepared to turn a blind eye to redrobbo for the 50s. 6d "bung" offered on the SF Awards Thread.......is that a deal?........Oh suggar, I just realised..:o:hihi:

JoeP
04-03-2006, 20:08
This is truly pathetic.

What's worse is that someone actually reported the shop display....

That's someone who has much too much time on their hands.

Joe