Sign in to follow this  

How's the weather there?

Would you emigrate to another country if you could?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you emigrate to another country if you could?

• Yes
    • No

We just got 19 cm of snow dumped here in North America in one fell swoop.. There is an additional 11 to 12 cm predicted for tomorrow. :P How is the weather there? 8)

its raining here now :(

In Edmonton it's now minus 25 degrees celsius. Minus 38 with the wind chill factor. It was never that cold in Firth park, Tinsley or Darnell.

:shock:

My DAD always, after watching the weather reports on tv, said that whatever the USA and Scotland copped for, we'd get a few weeks later.

Originally posted by tiffy

My DAD always, after watching the weather reports on tv, said that whatever the USA and Scotland copped for, we'd get a few weeks later.

I currently live in Scotland (Edinburgh). And I'll tell yer summat for nowt. It was colder in Sheffield. There's never been the kind of snowfalls here that stopped the buses the way they did in Sheff. So don't believe it.

Remember when the No. 4 stopped at Fife Street 'cos it was impossible to get up Merton Lane and Newman Road? Couldn't get to Firth Park from Low Wincobank other than on foot. T'wasn't that long ago, 1970's.

What fun!!

You won't be surprised to learn it's 32c here in sunny Western Australia. It's a far cry from Sheffield in the 50s and 60s when the buses couldn't get up Scarsdale Road in Woodseats because of the snow

If we could string some wire between mojoworking and wish3096 then, with a temperature differential of 57 degrees celsius, we could generate electricity. Someone else can explain the physics.

I did!

We still get frost and freezing temperatures here. But I haven't seen snow in over 10 years. Yeh!

Originally posted by WISH3096

We just got 19 cm of snow dumped here in North America in one fell swoop.. There is an additional 11 to 12 cm predicted for tomorrow. :P How is the weather there? 8)

something that amazes me...it says you are in canada, but you state north america!

why? are you trying to get canada as a usa state?

don't you canadians want a country?

I have noticed the last few years that some people do

say north america for usa.

cheers