Sign in to follow this  

Big brother watching you...

CC TV:

You are probably seen by 100+ cameras if you walk through medowhall alone.

Credit cards:

Each transaction you make, they know where you are or where you are going, i.e. bookings into a hotel, a football match, going abroad, etc.

Mobile phones.

I'm unsure of the techonology but I am convice that you might as well have GPS implanted on you.

Try texting, "The wether is nice today" to a friend mobile, it comes through almost immediately. Now try texting garbage like "xyatwjsa asd whgdya azdwqhask " and it will take longer, (half an hour according to a friend, but I do not have a mobile phone to check this one out).

Internet access

they still watching you... I wonder if garbage emails take longer to arrive at the destination.

Does it bother you with all this big brother stuff?

Should each human be electronically tagged, ie have a chip implanted into the skull at birth?

This way, murders, rapes, burglary, terror, etc... will be greatly reduced unless you want to get caught.

Originally posted by "John"

Does it bother you with all this big brother stuff?

Should each human be electronically tagged, ie have a chip implanted into the skull at birth?

It doesn't bother me. If anything, I feel more safe (as long as it isn't abused). I know that all those things are there to prove where I was and when... so if I'm ever accused of being somewhere / doing something that I wasn't, I know I can call upon these records to prove where I was... in theory!

I'm all for (inter)national ID cards... anyone else for / against these? In my eyes, you only wouldn't want one if you had something to hide.

I don't really have a problem with my movements being 'tracked' in this way as a previous poster said it actually makes you feel safer.

I would question the quality of alot of these cameras though. When you see some recordings the image is practically useless. Then there are the criminals who will operate knowing full well that they are being watched. Overall though I think they are a good idea.

Originally posted by "John"

Mobile phones.

I'm unsure of the techonology but I am convice that you might as well have GPS implanted on you.

Your mobile send a signal to a satellte tracking system every 30 seconds while it's switched on... ig the police want to trace you via your mobile... they can! (so long as it's switched on)!!!

I think everyone should be DNA tested at birth and this should be logged on a central computer and stored for at least 150 years per person.

You could use this to track illegal immigrants, sex offenders r any criminal leaving a DNA signature.

I wonder if some governement has started developing a technology that can simulate a clone froma DNA (you know like via a PC) so a computer cold make a digital image of what a particular criminal would look like... would make photo fits a thing of the past anyway... might have to suggest that on the FBI website! :P

I don't really care if anyone can find out what I'm doing. I hardly live the most exciting life anyway, I don't really see why anybody would give a toss what I'm up to.

I think ID cards are an excellent idea. I don't know what the problem is. It's actually really unbelievable that we can just go into a shop or bank and the cashier believes that we are who we say we are by checking our signature. Ridiculous! Anyone can forge a signature. I have lived in Spain for a couple of years now and it's obligatory to carry state ID cards. Nobody has the sensation of being "Big Brothered" and people are very rarely fined for not carrying ID. We British have a fear of change. And it's about time we got the Euro too.

Well, personally I agree with these sentiments...

They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety. --Benjamin Franklin

A society that will trade a little order for a little freedom will lose both, and deserve neither. --Thomas Jefferson

I think everyone should be DNA tested at birth

I can see that in itself causing a shed load of problems for some people :heyhey:

I'm no too happy. Its not the information that bothers me it's the trust of the custodians of that information that does.

If such information was collected on me I should be able to be assured what purpose that information could be used for, who has access to it and most importantly that it is kept secure.

I for one am not convinced that all those points will be met adequately.

Originally posted by Sidla

I don't really care if anyone can find out what I'm doing. I hardly live the most exciting life anyway, I don't really see why anybody would give a toss what I'm up to.

Same here, anyone watching my daily life would soon get bored.

Unfortunately I think generally the criminal element is always one step ahead of the law. Right now they can copy your signature, use spy cameras to find out your pin number and also copy your card!

Whatever new measures are brought out, the criminal element will soon learn to forge/copy and get around it. :rolleyes:

And no, I don't really know how this can be solved... :heyhey:

Originally posted by kilauea

I'm no too happy. Its not the information that bothers me it's the trust of the custodians of that information that does.

If such information was collected on me I should be able to be assured what purpose that information could be used for, who has access to it and most importantly that it is kept secure.

I for one am not convinced that all those points will be met adequately.

Agree 100%

I'm concerned that local and central government agencies and nosy busybodies will have access to confidential data that they'll use for blackmail, rather than detection and prevention of crime.