View Full Version : Dam Flask - tree thinning

Burnt Stones
22-01-2012, 17:16
Just been up to walk the dog and am surprised how many trees have been removed. I know they need to thin woodland but this looks really drastic. Cynically wonder if the long term plan is to build there ?

andygardener
22-01-2012, 17:22
The softwood has all been removed as it was planted for harvest as timber. The standing native hardwood has all been left (a few windblown/damaged hardwoods were removed by necessity).

The plan is to replant with native hardwood species leaving it looking a lot more natural than when it had gloomy rows of pines blocking the views.

mike84
22-01-2012, 17:36
The softwood has all been removed as it was planted for harvest as timber. The standing native hardwood has all been left (a few windblown/damaged hardwoods were removed by necessity).

The plan is to replant with native hardwood species leaving it looking a lot more natural than when it had gloomy rows of pines blocking the views.

Don't come on here with your sensible and researched answers. Wild speculations making things up is much more interesting.

andygardener
22-01-2012, 17:48
Don't come on here with your sensible and researched answers. Wild speculations making things up is much more interesting.

Appologies Mike, my bad. ;)

Erm...I've herd ther cutting them down to make space for a hostile for pederfiles with AIDS and if the pederfiles get cut then the AIDS will end up in the dam and get into ower drinking water??!!??!

yorkshire water shud be ashaymed!! :mad: :mad:

andyofborg
22-01-2012, 18:05

andy and a couple of his mates where the tree fellers who chopped the trees down

andygardener
22-01-2012, 18:20
andy and a couple of his mates where the tree fellers who chopped the trees down

lol, you'd think it would be tree fellers but it was actually only two fellers (and a dog)

If I'd got 600K spare for the harvester and forwarder the two lads who logged it were using I'd be front and centre for the job but sadly while I've got some powerful saws I couldn't compete with kit like that. The 930 they were using does a 120 ft tree about every 90 seconds, felled, branches stripped, sectioned automatically to customer order lengths and stackd for the forwarder to pick up. Awesome piece of kit.

Bruce_Shark
22-01-2012, 18:22
Appologies Mike, my bad. ;)

Erm...I've herd ther cutting them down to make space for a hostile for pederfiles with AIDS and if the pederfiles get cut then the AIDS will end up in the dam and get into ower drinking water??!!??!

yorkshire water shud be ashaymed!! :mad: :mad:

Ahh that's better, I'm proud of you, that's exactly what we expect from SF.

Well done!