Help with Moped

Hi, I don't know where to post this so if this is in the wrong place I appologise. My son has a Yamaha Cygnus 125 and he is having trouble starting it. He has bought one new battery when he first bought the bike about 2 months ago as it was having trouble starting then, but since then it has been playing up and not starting. He has bought another new battery today for it but it stil won't start. He is at a loss as what is wrong with it. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be and any reccomendations as to who to take it to. Thanks :)

Need a bit more info really,was the battery flat.if so will it start on the kick start,could be just a change of spark plug.

Is the motorbike fitted with an electric starter? If so do you mean it turns over on the starter button but doesn't actually run? Much more info required, but there's a great place near the bottom of Broadfield Road at Heeley I would take it to if your not experienced in these matters

I dont know but i will ask my son to reply to you later when he gets home from work as i am off to college in a bit. Thanks

take the sparkplug out and see if it is sparking,if it is could be fuel,look on the bottom of the carb,there should be a screw,loosen this off and see if any petrol comes out,if not u may have a blockage,in fuel tap,pipe or the carb, if not sparking check the conections on the wires.try this then post back with findings..

Hi, I don't know where to post this so if this is in the wrong place I appologise. My son has a Yamaha Cygnus 125 and he is having trouble starting it. He has bought one new battery when he first bought the bike about 2 months ago as it was having trouble starting then, but since then it has been playing up and not starting. He has bought another new battery today for it but it stil won't start. He is at a loss as what is wrong with it. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be and any reccomendations as to who to take it to. Thanks :)

it will be the auto choke unit packed up quite coman

Have you tried a new spark plug or an auto electrician ?

hi its my bike and whats happening is the kick start wont work and up until yesterday the electric start was fine but when i went to start it this morning it would not start i have tried a brand new battery and it was just same. when i turn it on the lights all come on then when i start it with electric start its close to starting but not quiet its been like this before and its very annoying any help would be greatful thanks ryan

You might be better posting on sheffieldbikers.co.uk lots of helpful people on there.

I really need to save money on gas, therefore I am thinking to get a moped in the near future. Yet, does anybody know what should I do if I buy a street legal moped or scooter? Do I need to buy insurance? Can I ride it on the freeway?

I really need to save money on gas, therefore I am thinking to get a moped in the near future. Yet, does anybody know what should I do if I buy a street legal moped or scooter? Do I need to buy insurance? Can I ride it on the freeway?

freeway?? are you in the states??