Sixth form Personal statement HELP!

Hi I need to do a personal statement for my sixth form application form, please help me with templates and what to add to them. Im hoping to do History, Spanish, Sociology and Psychology if that helps. CHEERS :D

Write something imaginative. No simple answer. You just need something that is enjoyable to read.

Spelling and grammar aswell - no excuse for mistakes. Even here. You can't hop to Spain. :P

My advice would be to stay off the internet until you've completed it. ;)

Be honest and sell yourself!

Exactly this. You need to be fully honest with what you write, but this doesn't mean you cannot big yourself up. You need to EMPHASISE all your positive aspects, and show them why you would be great for their 6th form.

There is a great informative post on here - http://www.studential.com/guide/write_personal_statement.htm

Best of luck with it all!

Write something imaginative. No simple answer. You just need something that is enjoyable to read.

Spelling and grammar aswell - no excuse for mistakes. Even here. You can't hop to Spain.

True, esp. "as well" being two words...

True, esp. "as well" being two words...

Indeed it is, yes.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

They'll be looking for:

- why you want to do the subjects you've chosen

- any ideas you have about what you'd like to do after 6th form (it's fine to say you're still making up your mind though, if you're not sure!)

- why you're applying to the 6th form you've chosen (they basically want to see that you've done a bit of research and know something about the place you're applying to)

- what skills & qualities you've developed in your school life so far & what your strengths are (e.g.teamwork, communication, time management etc)

- anything you've done at school outside of lessons, e.g. clubs, extra responsibilities

- any out of school interests you have, or any work experience you've done (say what you've gained from these - skills & experience)

- summarise it with something like "thank you for considering my application and I hope to have the opportunity to continue my education at (whatever 6th form you're applying to).

Good luck!

All the suggestions already given are valid but remember the admissions tutor will be reading dozens of applications, and yours needs to have something which makes you stand from all the others. I would suggest something amusing and self denigrating.

thank you everyone, its now done and i sent it to my head of house and she said it was all good. THANKS