Xmas Cards to the neighbours

Is it me being miserable/stingy or is it silly sending Xmas cards to all the neighbours? the very people who you see every day. Oh, before I go, merry Xmas to all my neighbours. :)

I stopped sending Christmas cards to all except my immediate family two years ago. Instead I make a donation to a different charity each year.

Yes your being stingy. The price of a pack of xmas cards in Wilko's is pennies.

Wait till January, buy them with 75% off, and give them away next year.

Respect for my neighbours :) Happy xmas peeps :hihi:

I've had cards already from most of my Neighbours, but have only wrote cards out to my carers and work colleagues, and of course immediate family members.

We always receive cards from most of the neighbours every year and give them out ourselves as well.

I think it is good to be friendly with your neighbours wherever you live.

Get some cards sent you scrooge! :hihi:

If the reason you're not sending them is because of the cost of the cards, I'd say that was very stingy - a cheap pack of cards can be had for a lot less than a pound.

I wouldn't, though, say there was any moral or social obligation to send cards to all your neighbours. It's entirely up to you who you do or do not send cards to; some people send no cards at all and donate the entire amount they would have spent on them, to charity.

I send them to all our neighbours and they all return the gesture.All,that is,except a lad called Richard who lives up the road.It's the last time I send one to him!

I send them to all our neighbours and they all return the gesture.All,that is,except a lad called Richard who lives up the road.It's the last time I send one to him!

So you don't send them out of goodwill but only because you expect to get one back.

We send cards to the immediate neighbours either side and to one of the neighbours opposite. We usually get the old fella next door a tin of biscuits as he doesn't appear to have any family.

I almost caught a neighbour posting a card at mine as I came back from the shops. Could have been so embarrasing. One neighbout has sent me a card on three consecutive years and I have never replied. I just don't do christmas. Trouble is, I hit my thumb with a hammer a couple of months ago in the garage and swore at the top of my voice. Who did I then see walking past? Nice neighbour. Now I feel I have to do something.

So you don't send them out of goodwill but only because you expect to get one back.

Of course.And I also hope to get more money in the ones I get back than I put in the ones I send out.