Anyone here from Attercliffe?

anybody on here come of attercliffe i was born on attercliffe and lived just of staiforth rd on chelmsford st i attended woodbourn rd school

Sorry Brooksy I lived on the Manor,but we all used to go down "The Cliff" when we were younger(too many years ago)we used to love going to Banners to shop and have a toasted teacake while was there.

I lived at Norfolk Bridge which was on the fringe of Attercliffe but I went to Ellesmere Road School. I remember Banners, Littlewoods, Cox's record shop, the skating rink and the Regal Pictures.

Many happy and eventful years spent ln attercliffe

Lived ln Beall St and Cottingham St Many moons ago

Sorry mate, i'm from Firth Park. Remember my mom used to take me to Attercliffe to shop at Banners. Do you remember the girls at the tills used to put the money in little containers and put it in a suction pipe? The container would go with a wooosh up the pipe and travel along pipes in the ceiling to the accounts office(presumably) and then come back to the cashier with the correct money. My Aunty Elsie and Uncle Harry used to live at Attercliffe, cant remember their address at the mo, but they used to send us to a little chippy just round the corner sometimes when we went visiting.

Originally posted by KIWI

Many happy and eventful years spent ln attercliffe

Lived ln Beall St and Cottingham St Many moons ago

I was born in Cottingham Street. Number 54, I think. The house got blasted by a land mine or bomb during the blitz. We escaped to the cellar of a neighbour's house - they were called Gleadall, I think.

my mum was born on alfred road,she was the youngest of 10,then when she married she moved to newhall road,she still says youll never find a community like the one they had "down cliff"

my parents and grand parents all came off don rd just down from alford rd. they were called brand and were a large family. my other family are tuckwoods and roberts who also came from the alford rd area.

does any oldtimers remember the antcliffe family -roundel street.

or the loomes family.

Brooksy -

my parents both came from Don Road/Newhall Road - dad's surname Smith, mum's surname Whiteley.

I was born on Stamford Street, which was off Newall Road. On a visit from Canada in 1978, I took my son down to where our house had been, and it was a parking lot. The church, the "rec", the houses all gone!

I was born in Kings lake st and my grandparents name was Fletcher..