Keep cats off my car!

Does anyone know how to deter cats from sitting on cars?!? I live on a cul-de-sac where there seems to be more cats than people. Once cat in particular likes to jump on my car bonnet/roof and snooze. While this might seem quite innocent and cute, the fine scratch marks in my paintwork on a brand new car, isn't so cute.

Every time I wash the car, I wash off the paw prints and there are claw marks underneath. Not deep but noticeable.

Before, if I looked out the kitchen window onto the drive and saw it sitting there I would use the central locking fob which would usually make the cat wander off. It now seems immune.

I wouldn't mind it if the cat didn't scratch the car and I very much doubt that the cats owner would be willing to pay for any paintwork repair!

Other than hiring a security catguard...any suggestions?

Keep a plant sprayer or similar filled with water to hand, and give it a squirt every time you see it on your car. It will work if you're persistent.

Cats do what the hell they want, when they want and where they want, fantastic life.

Aside from shooting it which will be one remedy offered up to you there aint a lot you can do.

rewire the car battery to the bonnet, a bit of a jolt but not harmful!

A sprinkle of white pepper worked on one occasion for me (it wasn't my car mind you, it was a yard). Other than that, you could stop driving the car, cos it's the engine warmth they like. But I would strongly suggest the former, rather than the latter....lol

water spray is a good idea - but you have to remember that if you scare the cat too much you might find more and deeper scratches than you already have. :)

reverse the car up those portable mobile ramps you can get for DIY repairs, so your bonnet is slopey enough for the cat to slide back off again - or just buy a Zafira

You could try a sonic cat repellent - place it under the car

Does anyone know how to deter cats from sitting on cars?!? I live on a cul-de-sac where there seems to be more cats than people. Once cat in particular likes to jump on my car bonnet/roof and snooze. While this might seem quite innocent and cute, the fine scratch marks in my paintwork on a brand new car, isn't so cute.

Every time I wash the car, I wash off the paw prints and there are claw marks underneath. Not deep but noticeable.

Before, if I looked out the kitchen window onto the drive and saw it sitting there I would use the central locking fob which would usually make the cat wander off. It now seems immune.

I wouldn't mind it if the cat didn't scratch the car and I very much doubt that the cats owner would be willing to pay for any paintwork repair!

Other than hiring a security catguard...any suggestions?

Have you tried getting a sense of perspective and stop worrying about something so trivial?