Sign in to follow this  

Who's still waiting for a "tax credit" from IR ?

Is anyone like me still waiting for their tax credits....?

I sent my forms in months ago. The IR replied saying thanks for applying.

Since then nothing,can't even contact them now....

I read that 800,000 people had not been paid and another 700 staff had been taken on to process the backlog.

Just typical of the inland revenue, when they owe you,the payment is delayed. If you owe them,they turn up on't doorstep threatening to take your telly !!!!

Yes I'm still waiting for tax credits. A friend of mine was also waiting & he had to go to his local tax office & fill the form in again while he was there. He said once that was done his cheque was with him within hours.

A job for me to do next week I think.

We sent our form in last year. The circumstances have since changed and are still changing so i have to keep ringing in. But at least we have some money which is more than I can say for my neighbours and sister-in-law.

I wonder if threatening to hex the lot of them if it wasn't sorted helped at all?? :P (just joking but highly recommended)

Moon Maiden

Sounds like a mighty fine idea to me

Yes I'm still waiting. I filled the forms in about 5 months ago. I had an acknowledgment after about 4 weeks, since then any contact has been initiated by me. I phoned them and was on hold for about 10mins. When I did get thru I was told how much I would get and when I should get it. They said I'd have a letter confirming this.

I waited and waited but no letter or payment arrived. I phoned again and was on hold for 15 mins this time. When I finally spoke to someone I was told exactly the same things.

Then one morning an envelope with another of the forms I had already filled in arrived. I binned it and have heard nothing since.

It is disgusting but have you noticed that it never works this way when the gov't wants money from us. National Ins Contributions went up April 5th and yes you've guessed it they were swiftly deducted out of the first pay-packet after the due date. :evil:

Still no payment yet but they've sent me another two of the forms that I've already fillled in. That makes 4 in total. What the hell is happening?????? :twisted:

Still no payment yet but they've sent me another two of the forms that I've already fillled in. That makes 4 in total. What the hell is happening?????? :twisted: