Pension Credit Farce..

Great news for you if you're 75. Ladbrookes are looking to hire people like you. or apparently.

My mother, aged 75, has had her Pension Credit stopped because they have discovered that's she's been working at Ladbrookes and never told them...:suspect:

They also claim that they have written to my father, who has dementia, three times but he's failed to respond....Fair enough..Letters should be responded to. But after trying to explain to them that my mother doesn't work at Ladbrookes, she can't even walk, and my father is also ill their money has been stopped..

You really couldn't make it up....

Tell the DWP you are going to see a solicitor and that you will be looking to be reimbursed for any expenses you incur and that you will sue them for causing suffering to your parents through stress and lack of income. Also contact your MP as soon as possible and maybe a national newspaper, don't let these people get away with treating your parents like this.

What people are "Treating your parents like this".

Probably some overworked clerk in the DWP who has left his brain at home on the relevant day. Surely they don't know your parents so would not be doing it for fun or on purpose.

Maybe a quick phone call/ visit will sort it out without putting more money in the hands of lawyers looking to sue.

Probably some overworked clerk in the DWP who has left his brain at home on the relevant day. Surely they don't know your parents so would not be doing it for fun or on purpose.

Maybe a quick phone call/ visit will sort it out without putting more money in the hands of lawyers looking to sue.

A quick phone call is difficult with these agencies, we've tried. They're adamant that they have information that my mother works at Ladbrooks...:rant::suspect: So my parents have to appeal the decision and go through the whole process of claiming again..

A quick phone call is difficult with these agencies, we've tried. They're adamant that they have information that my mother works at Ladbrooks...:rant::suspect: So my parents have to appeal the decision and go through the whole process of claiming again..

who told them that? have you found out how they got the wrong information

that your mother works at ladbrooks.

who told them that? have you found out how they got the wrong information

that your mother works at ladbrooks.

They say one of the numbers on her claim is the line for Ladbrookes. Someone phoned thinking it was a home number and someone at Ladbrookes answered...Its all just plain weird...We're now wondering if its some sort of identity frauud and someones used her details to get a job there...

Whether it is some overworked clerk or not it is incompetence when they have been contacted and told the circumstances. Lets be honest it only takes a phone call to Ladbrokes to find out if someone with that name is working there, if they say there is they only have to ask roughly how old is this person to clear it up, especially as the OP says she cannot walk. If someone is working there with that name then obviously something is wrong maybe ID fraud as mentioned earlier. I have had contact with the DWP before and it is like drawing teeth, a painful process. I once filled a form in saying I had worked one day for an agency and they had me down as working full time even though the form had been filled in correctly. There answer eventually, well you will have to fill a form in to say you have not worked, I said but I filled a form in telling you I had worked.:loopy:

They say one of the numbers on her claim is the line for Ladbrookes. Someone phoned thinking it was a home number and someone at Ladbrookes answered...Its all just plain weird...We're now wondering if its some sort of identity frauud and someones used her details to get a job there...

clearly because if your parents infermities they are not in a position to deal with the issues.

if you are not allready in touch with social services. you might find it helpful to get further advice from -AGE UK --they send informative leaflets in the post regarding many issues. also the CARERS CENTRE in sheffield.

age uk 0800 169 29 39----local 2502850

carers centre 2728362.

dementia helpline-0845 3000-336.

clearly because if your parents infermities they are not in a position to deal with the issues.

if you are not allready in touch with social services. you might find it helpful to get further advice from -AGE UK --they send informative leaflets in the post regarding many issues. also the CARERS CENTRE in sheffield.

age uk 0800 169 29 39----local 2502850

carers centre 2728362.

dementia helpline-0845 3000-336.

Okay thanks for your help..We're already considering help the aged. We are considering taking the matter on ourselves, siblings, but they want signed authority first so it will delay the matter even more, my parents have appealed so we don't want to have to start the whole process again..

Okay thanks for your help..We're already considering help the aged. We are considering taking the matter on ourselves, siblings, but they want signed authority first so it will delay the matter even more, my parents have appealed so we don't want to have to start the whole process again..

yes well good luck.

there may be others viewing this thread that are in need of support,and i can assure them that those organisations are really helpful, and give a wonderful service.