Sheffield history web page

Hello all,

Just signed up to the forum and am happy to see so many Sheffielder's on-line. There's obviously an interest in local history, so I thought I would mention my web page about Shefield. I started it several years ago when there was virtually no mention of Sheffield on the web, with the intention of making Sheffield history available to all those who were interested. However, as with all good intentions, updates became fewer as other pressing matters took priority. Anyway, enough prattle, if you're interested, it's at www.jimsdesk.fsnet.co.uk

Look in the Sheffield section for items of interest. I can't claim anything original, it's all taken from local history books and is nowhere near finished. If you have anything to contribute, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Ignore the personal stuff, it's well out of date - I am now a sadder and wiser man - and soon to be single again!

Cheers.

Jim

:D nice site Jim thanks for telling us about it

Jon

Yeah looks good Jim - I think I emailed you once asking for a link :lol:

Any chance of one now? :wink:

Thanks for that Jim.

I especially liked the section on Sheffieldese, and how to speak it. :lol:

Thanks for the favourable comments.

Next time I do an update, I'll put a link on to the forum page.

Cheers.

Jim

Originally posted by jimbol

Hello all,

Just signed up to the forum and am happy to see so many Sheffielder's on-line. There's obviously an interest in local history, so I thought I would mention my web page about Shefield. I started it several years ago when there was virtually no mention of Sheffield on the web, with the intention of making Sheffield history available to all those who were interested. However, as with all good intentions, updates became fewer as other pressing matters took priority. Anyway, enough prattle, if you're interested, it's at http://www.jimsdesk.fsnet.co.uk

Look in the Sheffield section for items of interest. I can't claim anything original, it's all taken from local history books and is nowhere near finished. If you have anything to contribute, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Ignore the personal stuff, it's well out of date - I am now a sadder and wiser man - and soon to be single again!

Cheers.

Jim

good web site thanks for telling us about it

Can't get onto this site, can anybody help?.

Methinks you may struggle Ron, the thread is over two years old. ;)

Yes, if you go to the "wayback machine" website,

wayback machine

You can put the URL in there and it will show you what was on the website.

Cheers Peter41 for the wayback link :thumbsup:

Seems the URL had been archived but page content not indexed :confused: yep I know :) I'm a nosy bugger :D

Hi all, Been away from the forum site for some time due to personal stuff. Sorry the old web page (see thread below) no longer exists due to change of ISP. If you're still interested, you can view the history stuff at http://www.jimsdesk.co.uk

The site is still woefully out of date (ie needs updating) but doesn't affect the above.

Jim

Can anyone tell me if there was or is a Shelf Street in Sheffield and also where is St Mary's Parish