Sign in to follow this  

Sheffield's 6th Forms

Guest Guest

I am a 16 year old female currently studying at a 11-16 school not far from Crystal peaks. Recently I applied to go to Tapton sixth form because I feel I will acheive more from learning in a school environment. I chose a sixth form also because I want to study Religious education at A level. Unfortunately the sheffield college does not offer this, so a 6th form is my only option. After the open evening at Tapton, I gave my application to my Careers tutor at school the next day and she sent it off immediately. Approximately 3 days later I received a letter from Tapton saying I hadn't been accepted into the sixth form, due to the 200 places allready being filled. I was distraught at this and very angry towards the school because I had sent off my application well before the closing date of the 31st of January. My career's tutor wrote a letter of complaint on my behalf, expressing how unfair the system is. I feel as though I have been victimised because I come from the other half of the city. I am wondering if there are any others out there that feel they have been victimised when applying for a sixth form place? I am also very angry because I know a girl who goes there (she is currently in year 11) and she has got a place and her grades are nothing compared to mine. A bit of favoritism eh Tapton? I guess it's their loss not mine.

If anyone would like to discuss this topic with me privately, email me at [email protected]

Many thanks - Caprice

if you had to goto The Sheffield College what would you do?

I would study the following A levels:

English literature

French

Sociology

But if I was at a 6th form I would do:

English literature

French

Sociology

Religious Education

well i can tell you that (IIRC) English Lit and Socilogy are at Peaks Center, and French is at Norton Center ;)

I know, thats where I've applied to go :-) Thank you anyways though! xx

have you tried Eckington 6th form? im pretty sure they do r.e, my boyfriend goes there and he likes it.

What about King Edward VII ? Better than Tapton anyway!! You get to study in one of the most beautiful buildings in the city...in my opinion. Used to be a wonderful school..not sure how much it has deteriotated. Not sure if they offer sociology..they certainly never used to. That was a long time ago though (13 years since I left) and so I am sure that things might have changed!

Guest NicolaE

i went to All Saints, I left in 2002. They did do all of the subjects you want to do. I enjoyed it there and if you're worried about going to a catholic school when you get to 6th form they don't force religion on you!

Guest NicolaE

This threads ancient isnt it?

I don't understand where these ancient threads come from!