Theatre car parking (NCP Arundel Gate) - expensive!

Bit of advice for anyone wanting to use the car park, just beware of the outrageous car park prices as i paid nearly ten quid for a very short period (think it was just under 2 hrs).

Bit of advice for anyone wanting to use the car park, just beware of the outrageous car park prices as i paid nearly ten quid for a very short period (think it was just under 2 hrs).

I assume that you mean the NCP at Arundel Gate. We used to use it for theatre visits because they had a pre-paid facility for people visiting the theatre after 5.00 p.m., they did away with this when the snooker came this year and haven't re-introduced it.

I was behind someone last Saturday who couldn't believe their £14+ charge, they'd come to Sheffield as visitors.

I know some people will say that the charges are dispalyed on entry into the carpark but, the charges are excessive.

I assume that you mean the NCP at Arundel Gate. We used to use it for theatre visits because they had a pre-paid facility for people visiting the theatre after 5.00 p.m., they did away with this when the snooker came this year and haven't re-introduced it.

I was behind someone last Saturday who couldn't believe their £14+ charge, they'd come to Sheffield as visitors.

I know some people will say that the charges are dispalyed on entry into the carpark but, the charges are excessive.

Absolutely, and if you see the charges it's hard to do a u-turn, it is scandalous for a parking space!

The theatres dont have a car park.

A work of advice would be to do a tiny amount of research using a fantastic tool on the internet.

You might have seen it, it's called Google. It can provide you lots of information!

A work of advice would be to do a tiny amount of research using a fantastic tool on the internet.

You might have seen it, it's called Google. It can provide you lots of information!

What a patronising fella you are!, however i assumed it would probably be more or less similar to other car park charges in town, but hey it's my fault they are expensive right? because i didnt "google" it.

:hihi:

Yes, once you are on your way in, there's nowhere to turn around! So you have to pay the minimum charge which I think used to be £3.20

Yes, once you are on your way in, there's nowhere to turn around! So you have to pay the minimum charge which I think used to be £3.20

Do you not even get ten minutes grace?

What a patronising fella you are!, however i assumed it would probably be more or less similar to other car park charges in town, but hey it's my fault they are expensive right? because i didnt "google" it.

Do you not even get ten minutes grace?

No. It's a joke.

Yes it is your fault. There are 10000+ parking spaces in the city centre, most run and operated by private companies. I'd suggest that checking the prices before you go would be a good idea.

It's not your fault they are expensive, It is however your fault that you ended up paying it.

:hihi: so shoot me.

Btw read my first post again mikey.

Use Q Park on Charles Street and when you get to the theatre ask for one of their tokens which gives you the first hour free. Parking for a show works out at £3 summat last time I used it...