View Full Version : Family history!! albert fontana, quirico fontana??

tana86
03-10-2011, 20:47
tyring to trace my family history but having real difficulty. i need to find out all i can about albert fontana (my grandad) and quirico fontana ( great grandad) all ive got so far is the quirico was in ww1 and was in the labour corps cant get much more about it. he was born in italy and came over to england, if any1 know how or has any info pls let me know as im really intesested... thanks, katie

Rivelin6
04-10-2011, 06:28
Try this site http://www.west-bar-italians.co.uk

Rivelin6
04-10-2011, 06:30
And this thread http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=547070&highlight=italians+in+sheffield

tasha_78
04-10-2011, 06:55
looking for you on Ancestry, will get back to you

tasha_78
04-10-2011, 07:04
Getting quite a bit of info, can you send me your email address (by pm if you want) and I`ll send you an invite to look at the family tree

tasha_78
04-10-2011, 07:15
only got as far back as Quirico`s parents, who obviously weren`t from England, so no records to see. Do you want me to carry on looking at Quirico`s wife`s family, who were all from Sheffield, as far as I can see?

rossyrooney
04-10-2011, 08:43
There was a Joe Fontanas ice cream company in Carlisle in the 60s.
I'm afraid i dont know if it's still trading.

tana86
04-10-2011, 11:29
i can only get bk to quirico but nothing else on that... how did u find his wife name?

Rivelin6
04-10-2011, 16:26
On Ancestry.com (the worldwide site) there is reference to quirico fontana's birth in Italy. A tip for getting the results without having to pay the subscription is to buy some pay as you go credits on Ancestry. co.uk and then you can access the information.:)

boozy.bird
04-10-2011, 16:44
tyring to trace my family history but having real difficulty. i need to find out all i can about albert fontana (my grandad) and quirico fontana ( great grandad) all ive got so far is the quirico was in ww1 and was in the labour corps cant get much more about it. he was born in italy and came over to england, if any1 know how or has any info pls let me know as im really intesested... thanks, katie

Hi
contact me via the west bar italian website ...... my email address is available on the site
http://www.west-bar-italians.co.uk

pigeon
06-10-2011, 01:34

Craig Fontana from foxhill ?????

danneth
06-10-2011, 11:03
michaels sister?

pigeon
06-10-2011, 12:24
michaels sister?

could be he had a couple was tall with long hair well known in the car trade....

tana86
07-10-2011, 08:50
criag fontana is my cousin and michael is my brother..

tana86
07-10-2011, 08:51
craig......

pigeon
07-10-2011, 18:35
craig......

whats he up to these days??? not seen him for years :huh:

tasha_78
08-10-2011, 06:28
hi tana86. I`ve sent you an invite to look at the family tree I`ve done for you ......

tana86
10-10-2011, 20:12
he dont live in sheffield anymore, dont really see much ov him he lives in wakefield now....

tana86
10-10-2011, 20:16
tasha, i havent received an e-mail or anything to go look at it....

greenlandman
12-12-2011, 21:06
Hi there if you would like more information on quirico fontana etc you can email my wife as she is the granddaughter of quirico and albert fontana was her uncle.
email address is as follows
anthealee@btinternet.com

greenlandman
13-12-2011, 20:52

hi there if you would like to email me with your address my wife will contact you has she is quiricos granddaughter and alberts niece.

FontanaCH
20-05-2012, 19:16

i was surprised to read this msg which appeared while I was looking for references to Quirico Fontana on the net.
my greatgrandfather was named Quirico Fontana. he was Swiss, from Stabbio or Novazzano in Ticino. he moved to Neuchatel and married Fanny Volper. they had 14 children. there is an Albert Fontana who was one of the children or possibly a grandchild. i believe he moved to Brasil.
My email : mamadvisors@gmail.com

greenlandman
22-05-2012, 20:10
i was surprised to read this msg which appeared while I was looking for references to Quirico Fontana on the net.
my greatgrandfather was named Quirico Fontana. he was Swiss, from Stabbio or Novazzano in Ticino. he moved to Neuchatel and married Fanny Volper. they had 14 children. there is an Albert Fontana who was one of the children or possibly a grandchild. i believe he moved to Brasil.
My email : mamadvisors@gmail.com

hi could you contact my wife on anthealee@btinternet.com

boozy.bird
04-10-2013, 17:14
Please note that the West bar italians website has had new content added and also now has it's own forum