Can anyone remember the "seafood" man

Can anyone remember the sea food man who came into pubs/wmc to sell ......seafood.

It was always the same man i remember.Just a blast from the past :)

Can anyone remember the sea food man who came into pubs/wmc to sell ......seafood.

It was always the same man i remember.Just a blast from the past :)

Yes.i remember him.If my memory serves me right he was also a teacher!

Yes.i remember him.If my memory serves me right he was also a teacher!

Didnt know that but was there only the one man doing the rounds?

He had fair thinning hair.I used to see him in Bellhouse,Lane top and Crookes clubs.

yeah i remember him in Lane top and wincobank club,also my parents had The Viaduct pub on the Wicker and he used to come in there.

Used to see him on Wadsley Bridge quite a lot back-end of 80's, ginger/blonde haired bloke always very friendly. My then girlfriend always used to by a crab-stick cocktail like thing.

There were several, each with their own rounds. The one I remember did the town centre pubs. He had dark brylcreemed hair, an Errol Flynn 'tache and wore glasses. His patter could be disgusting when he was in the mood.

his name was ray, top lad! used to drop us off from the dev to five arches! on his rounds:)

They used to sell crab sticks later renamed seafood sticks because they contained no crab.Two firms come to mind ocean supreme and kershaws i think, someone will correct me.I was told eu regulations killed the trade off.

We always used to shout "Has tha got crabs??" and bless him, he'd always smile like it was the first time he'd ever heard it!!

The cockle man as we called him, was eastern euroupean the first time he came in our pub everyone went silent and stared at him like he was an alien .So i went up and bought a bag of cockles then one bye one others bought some.Within a few weeks he was selling half a basket full at a time . The locals nicknamed him sam never did find out his real name .

Lol! This is a blast from the past! I remember one from about 1996. The company was "kershaws" and the guy carried a basket hamper donning a "super cockle" shirt! He was a double of one of the chuckle brothers. Really nice bloke though. After a night out me and my now ex used to get a lift home from him. Ok with breath held.....