Stitch n' bitch

I'm looking to set up a stitch n' bitch group in the city somewhere (preferably central). stitch n' bitch is a worldwide phenomenon! it's a place to knit and crochet - make friends, share knowledge and have permission to be passionate about your latest creation! for more infor have a look at http://www.stitchnbitch.co.uk/

If anyone is interested let me know.

I'm waiting to find a non-smoking public venue before I can get it going.

Ooh, how wierd, have just been scouring net to try to find a group like this!! Am def interested, count me in

Bought the Stitch n bitch book the other week, have made 2 scarves and am now attempting a hat....not that successfully!

Am v much a beginner but joining a group sounds good.

how exciting! i just finished a scarf that took 400 metres of yarn!

there are some people who meet to knit/crochet once a month and i have joined their yahoo group. if you want to join the link is below http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/sheffieldknitterati/

so far, suggestions for non-smoking venues that are central are the weatherpoons pub in town. my plan is to check it out one evening and if it's a ppropriate then we should be able to get stitching n' bitching within a couple of weeks!

I would be interested i live halfway area but central would be ok-- i have been searching on line-- nothing in Sheffield but in other areas librarys seem to be a popular venue for day-time-- possibly council encourage-ment for this type of craft group

hi rab 1. The plan is for stitch n' bitch to happen on a monday evening, 8pm onwards at the weatherspoons pub next to John Lewis. I wanted to go and check it out last monday but got ill and i'm away tomorrow. The reason for the venue is that they are completely non-smoking and central is most convenient for most of the people.

I went to sheffield knitterati a couple of weeks ago. they meet at Sheffield Hallam Union (formerly national centre for popular music) on the last friday of every month, 12-2pm. Everyone was really friendly. the link to join the yahoo community for Sheffield Knitterati is above and stitch n' bitch will be promoted from the link also.

I'll post again as soon as i have a start date.

Ooooh, that sounds exciting. I'm not in Sheffield, but I'm a keen knitter and just thought I'd wish you luck with setting up the Stich n Bitch. On a side note, has anyone seen the new Rowan magazine and books which are out this month? The RYC ones in particular look like they've got some nice patterns :) .

I brought the Stitch and Bitch book a while back too. I can 'sort of' knit, but if someone would be happy to help me out I'd like to come along to this too :D

hi, got any idea of a definite venue yet? (and a time?)

Sheffield stitch n' bitch starts monday 27th February - 8pm at the wetherspoons pub next to john lewis!!!

we've not managed to check out the venue but as it seems the only non-smoking venue in the town centre we're hoping it'll be great!

see you there - and please email friends, colleagues etc to let them know too!

OOOH sounds good! look forward to that!

will do my best to be there.

PT