Freeview - What do you think of it?

Freeview  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Freeview

• Good Value?
    • Waste of money?
    • Give it time?

Anyone like me daft enough to buy Freeview....love to here your views on the channels and service freeview gives?

Don't know anything about it, but I am not interested as steam television is good enough for me at the moment. From my experience these new fangled expensive gimick's benefit one person only, that is the service provider.

I really like freeview to be honest, partly because I have always been dead set against sky and also because I feel that normal TV is boring!!!

The problem with sky is that it has something that you'd like to watch on ALL the time, hence making you want to spend that extra half hour watching it, and slowly but surely turning you into a couch potato!

The plus side with freeview for me, is that it has all the music channels I'd listen to personally, and enough other channels to interest me should I feel like spending the afternoon on the couch.

Anyone else having problems playing Darts on Free 2 play on Freeview ? :?

If you are thinking of buying a set top box for Freeview do not buy a Goodmans GBD2 Box because

1) You will get peeved when you experienced random switching offs, wound up when the box forgets the channels.

2) The box will get stuck in a certain places and you have to unplug it to make it work again

3) And you will get :x when you see the Now and Next listings around the wrong way

4) Did i mention the great line up of channels on freeview :evil:

lol shall i continue :? be warned

Sky are releasing a FTA box this summer BTW...

Originally posted by Jon

If you are thinking of buying a set top box for Freeview do not buy a Goodmans GBD2 Box because

1) You will get peeved when you experienced random switching offs, wound up when the box forgets the channels.

2) The box will get stuck in a certain places and you have to unplug it to make it work again

3) And you will get :x when you see the Now and Next listings around the wrong way

4) Did i mention the great line up of channels on freeview :evil:

lol shall i continue :? be warned

mine freezes every few days as well and mine is a Nokia!! My friend's box has the same trouble, and his is a Goodmans. I dunno if its just a fault in Freeview? Although our Sky box freezes every few months as well.

So not had much luck!

I bougt a Pace Twin Freeview box just before Christmas and am really happy with it.

The advantages over analogue as I see it are...

Widescreen TV.

I get a better picture than I got with Analogue.

Access to the fantastic BBC4, plus BBC3 and BBC News24.

Access to Digital Radio stations.

The advantages over Sky:

You don't have to give Rupert Murdoch any of your money.

With the exception of the crappy Freeview EPG and lack of dual record, the Pace Twin equals Sky+, and in some ways beats it. For example, the Pace Twin software is more stable, and doesn't randomly delete programmes. The Sky+ software appears to be written by gibbons with low self worth.

Sky obviously has more channels and so unquestionably beats Freeview in that respect. This would annoy me, but I do naughty things with my internet connection meaning that I still get to watch pretty much everything I miss off Sky One.

Our box freezes all the time. Sometimes it turns its self back to terrestrial without warning and also goes back to "first time installation" whenever it feels like it. Damn you box!

I love Freeview

And I get it for nothing, being a former viewer of ITVDigital and already having the kit

I have to go now because I am off to watch the Alan Clarke Diaries on Channel BBC 4

xxx

Its a waste of time for me, as there is no reception for freeview where I live.

Skatie

Guest Mr BusDriver
Originally posted by Jon

Anyone like me daft enough to buy Freeview....love to here your views on the channels and service freeview gives?

Why Pay of a TV licence and only get 5 channels when you can get 20-30:D

Ok so you have got to pay 80 quid for the box but it keeps me from going ga-ga on a Sunday when there is sod all on the 5 channels:loopy: