View Full Version : RE-OPEN Niche nightclub Sheffield

lozxxx
14-01-2006, 14:41
Hi, I know alot of ppl on here dont like/agree/ with niche but 4 the ppl who did love the place looking to get a petition for it 2 reopen!
(ps everyone has their own tastes/opinions,so dont slag it off if u aint been or didnt like it wen u went!)
Want genuine support!

lefthandrink
14-01-2006, 15:02
it should be re-opened but with a drastic change in the way that the place is run, it wouldn't have been closed in the first place with out good reason. it was a drain on police resorces.
i would never go there myself as i don't like the music and there are some rather unsavoury characters who inhabit the place (some, not everyone who goes there). and if it stays closed the troublesome element is just going to find somewhere else to go.

lozxxx
14-01-2006, 15:12
I do agree with you there was a mix of people who went to niche, but you could potentially get that anywhere you go? And yes people who went to niche are now going to other places (for example limit nightclub) so it isnt really stopping the main problem. But I dont think niche was a drain on police resourses, they took it way out of hand and niche has improved in the past six months under the new crack house laws and tightened down as much as you could.
But for 300 police officers some of them armed to raid the club! it really wasnt necessary, to add insult to injury we were held up outside the club in the freezing cold for 2.30 hours, waiting to be searched!its disgusting behaviour
Not everyone who goes there takes drugs or whatever people like to think, just like everything else in this world

MrH
14-01-2006, 15:12
Two polls, one nightclub?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74709&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

Must be a poll dancing club! :rolleyes:

lozxxx
14-01-2006, 15:13
that poll was before it was shut down, this is 2 reopen xx

slimsid2000
14-01-2006, 15:17
Doo U no hoo dis (http://photobucket.com/albums/d44/Slimsid2000/?action=view&current=pic2.jpg) iz???

lozxxx
14-01-2006, 15:19
no i dont know .................................................. ...................

slimsid2000
14-01-2006, 15:23
c'mon tiz ez. Jus luk at da pix.

Vini
14-01-2006, 15:25
no its a gangsters paradise.

dem ppl dat go in der cnt even spk propa england.

lozxxx
14-01-2006, 15:27
well some of them yeah dont get me wrong! But I couldn't be further from that. Just like music and great atmosphere/community

slimsid2000
14-01-2006, 15:34
ere (http://www.lifeinlegacy.com/2003/1025/CapstickTony.jpg) iz zee an sir.

BTW, F U got Ze :clap: ?

lozxxx
14-01-2006, 15:55
Apparently niche got a big for sale sign outside now :( :cry: come on guys!!!

D2J
14-01-2006, 15:58
Originally posted by lozxxx
Apparently niche got a big for sale sign outside now :( :cry: come on guys!!!

Has anyone got a picture of the sign :D

Dear_Ladies
14-01-2006, 16:34
Bring back CJ's - now there was a proper underground club. I was there one night when they raffled an E.

lozxxx
14-01-2006, 16:35
did they?what happened?

Dear_Ladies
14-01-2006, 16:44
Well, somebody won it. The funny thing was he was already in a right state. Brilliant idea, though - they must have sold 300 worth of tickets - the MC kept plugging it.

lozxxx
15-01-2006, 20:26
obviously no one is that bothered! oh well, do it on my own then!

lozxxx
15-01-2006, 20:28
By the way people who are voting NO can you tell me why? just want your opinion...be interesting. no personal abuse please!

D2J
15-01-2006, 20:33
By the way people who are voting NO can you tell me why? just want your opinion...be interesting. no personal abuse please!

Search the Forum :) People have openly expressed their opinions about the 'Niche'

lozxxx
15-01-2006, 20:36
do you not like it? Yeah i've read all those. dont think most of them have even been

D2J
15-01-2006, 20:40
do you not like it? Yeah i've read all those. dont think most of them have even been

I can't personally comment, I've never been but have often seen the clientele when driving past.

Have friends that used to go and told me what went of in there.

lozxxx
15-01-2006, 20:44
yeah i know what you mean, just was a great atmosphere and brilliant sets. Personally I couldn't be any further from the stereotypical person you would think went there! i'm actually a student from outside sheffield and from a middle class background. but it was ok for me, had no problems

D2J
15-01-2006, 20:47
yeah i know what you mean, just was a great atmosphere and brilliant sets. Personally I couldn't be any further from the stereotypical person you would think went there! i'm actually a student from outside sheffield and from a middle class background. but it was ok for me, had no problems

Each to their own taste, personally its not my kinda club but then again I'm an old man now :hihi:

One pet hate though, when people refer to certain songs as 'Niche Music' :|

lozxxx
15-01-2006, 21:25
yeah me to! cant stand it. Its like, niche is a club love not a music genre!

cheekychappy
15-01-2006, 21:36
Do the owners want to reopen it?
if theres a big sale sign outside it looks as though they are fed up with the place, also the owners seem to have taken control of the limit club, which is where all the regular niche crew now attend. so in a way niche has moved to limit.

lozxxx
15-01-2006, 21:38
well yeah they do want to reopen but to be honest it wont reopen I dont think! but wish it would. yeah limit is being a replacement, but its NOTHING like niche, dont get me wrong is great and good music but not the same atmosphere etc

lozxxx
15-01-2006, 21:39
ps I am regular niche goer

cheekychappy
15-01-2006, 21:42
yeah i dont think any venue would be able to re-capture the niche environment, and a reason i feel that there is trouble in limit is because its all on one floor, with niche you could move around, have a changed of environment and see different faces at your own choosing, but with limit everyone is together and also it is very light in there. i hope niche does reopen, even though i only went a few times it was an ok place

wardy2005
16-01-2006, 08:15
well to say u r a usual at niche u will no that hey had to go through the coutrs and have not decided to mu knowlage that it has cloesde of course the djs want niche to satay open it isnt fair on people if it doesnt reopen they will be no more speedgarage music anymore and whoever buys it well good luck to them as they will not last therer i say no to niche closeing down and yes to it opening again and i think the public will agree with me on this one thankyou

peacenlove
16-01-2006, 09:54
hey, i absolutely loved niche. only went twice before it was shut down (because of its reputation no-one would go with me!) but it was by far the best club i've been to in sheffield. the amount of out of towners who travel to sheffield just to go there says it all really. i think the people who don't like it are the golden oldies who feel threatened by a large crowd of young party goers anyway! BRING BACK NICHE!!!! :clap: :thumbsup:

redrobbo
16-01-2006, 10:14
that poll was before it was shut down, this is 2 reopen xx

Check again. The previous poll is still open for voting.

lado
16-01-2006, 10:19
Niche killed it!
I was der when it was raided man. da scum treated us like animals, felt even worse fo all da ho's there innit!

katy1981
16-01-2006, 10:21
Hi, I know alot of ppl on here dont like/agree/ with niche but 4 the ppl who did love the place looking to get a petition for it 2 reopen!
(ps everyone has their own tastes/opinions,so dont slag it off if u aint been or didnt like it wen u went!)
Want genuine support!

GREAT IDEA HUN!:thumbsup:

count me in:clap:

lado
16-01-2006, 10:26
fa all the peeps that voted no in da poll, who has actually been??

bet all you fools are to scared to go because of its rep!
niche heads need to unite and get my home open again!

spyro2000
16-01-2006, 10:43
Originally posted by lado
fa all the peeps that voted no in da poll, who has actually been??

niche heads need to unite and get my home open again!

It makes it even harder for me to defend my beloved Niche when so many people come on posting in this style.

lozxxx
16-01-2006, 10:57
Originally posted by redrobbo
Check again. The previous poll is still open for voting.

no i meant that poll was posted before niche closed down re. should it close down. this poll was posted re. should it reopen. get me?

lozxxx
16-01-2006, 10:59
i was there when it got raided too. didnt get stripped searched though luckily

spyro2000
16-01-2006, 11:01
Its not the first time Niche has had a for sale sign up. It had one up for months about a year ago. And it still continued to carry on. Hopefully it will open back up and be exactly the same as it was before the closing.

cat127
16-01-2006, 11:06
i used to go to niche all the time it was an ok place but i totally understand it shutting down, i stopped going coz everytime i went something ended up kicking off. either inside or on the way home gets a bit tiresome when you just want a good night out(maybe it was the company i kept). your right tho it did have a good atmosphere. i think at lot of the clubs in sheffield have gone down hill over the past few years as it is.

lozxxx
16-01-2006, 11:08
yeah a lot of the clubs have gone downhill. Hopefully niche will reopen as you say it has had a for sle sign already, think its just a matter of time!

lado
16-01-2006, 12:08
Originally posted by spyro2000
It makes it even harder for me to defend my beloved Niche when so many people come on posting in this style.

why you dissin me fool?
If your a niche head then you know the clientel that go there.
why pretend they dont? So wot if i dont have a great education and cant write as well as you can. my opinion is as valid!

Id like to see you act all superiour if we ever bump into each other

sheffieldism
16-01-2006, 12:23
lado, you are exactly the reason people avoid niche!

redrobbo
16-01-2006, 12:23
why you dissin me fool?
If your a niche head then you know the clientel that go there.
why pretend they dont? So wot if i dont have a great education and cant write as well as you can. my opinion is as valid!

Hmm.....you suddenly changed your style!

Have you not considered that making threats of this kind might just give a night club a bad name? I mean, who wants customers who are prepared to dish it out like you are inferring?

A great education and ability to write has nothing to do with spyro's observation. He was passing an observation on your style of writing, and probably your reference to "niche heads". Seems to me spyro had a valid point.

Note: As I am a member of the Licensing Board, and have now contributed to this debate, should any future application from niche need to be heard by the Licensing Board, I shall exclude myself from the hearing.

lado
16-01-2006, 12:57
Why u all tryin to play me?

Im not threatenin noone! i woz sayin dat he was puttin me down on this chat thang but he dont no me, he dont no nothing bout me. if he bumped into me in niche he wouldnt put me down coz i wouldnt stand out.

I go with ma boyz to have a good time nottin more. if people are judgin me then i pity you all!

fox20thc
16-01-2006, 12:58

Im not threatenin noone! i woz sayin dat he was puttin me down on this chat thang but he dont no me, he dont no nothing bout me. if he bumped into me in niche he wouldnt put me down coz i wouldnt stand out.

I go with ma boyz to have a good time nottin more. if people are judgin me then i pity you all!

Does anyone have a translation book please?

sheffieldism
16-01-2006, 13:08
maybe its something to do with this comment

"Id like to see you act all superiour if we ever bump into each other"

dont you think?

lado
16-01-2006, 13:10
Originally posted by fox20thc
Does anyone have a translation book please?

dont you now how to talk or summit?
bet you feel all superiour now dont u!
how smug u are sittin at ye desk thinkin up smart arse comments to make people feel worse bout demselves.

wish my life was as excitin as urs!!

fox20thc
16-01-2006, 13:13

Hang on let me have a go at this:

I'm not threatening anyone. I was explaining that he was putting my comments on the forum down, even though we have never met. If I happened to come across him in Niche he wouldn't put me down because he wouldn't recognise me as I am so uninteresting and samey he wouldn't recognise me in a crowd.

I go to niche with my chums to just have some fun. I do feel sorry for those of you who choose to judge me

I think thats what he was saying. :D

lado
16-01-2006, 13:17
and you were sayin

hi i have no life! im old, fat, bald an ugly.
im married but havent seen ma wife naked for yeers.
i have nottin better to do with my life than to pick on peoples gramer over the internet to feel superiour! Im a sad pathetic man and i have a small penis!

bean55788
16-01-2006, 13:21
we should all chip in and buy the place!

KEEP THE BASSLINE GOING!

youwhatref

lado. Thsi is your threat.

I've nothing against how you type as i tend to understand it. But the threat you have posted reflects badly on Niche.

I know of many who state they wont go to Niche due to trouble which regulars of Niche state does not happen. But then we read your threat to Spyro!

fox20thc
and you were sayin

i have nottin better to do with my life than to pick on peoples gramer over the internet to feel superiour! Im a sad pathetic man and i have a small penis!

I would say that you were trolling but never mind.

Many of our forum friends are aware that I am neither bald or fat.
Last time I checked I wasn't ugly or married and if I had a wife the man in my life would be very concerned. As he would be if he discovered a penis. :o

But back to the OT, I do think niche has had its day and clubbers have found somewhere else to go now.

lado
16-01-2006, 13:29
ref if ya read my response you wud see i wasnt threatnin noone!

as for fox if i knew what trolling was id care. nah i still wouldnt!
so ur a woman den. u need to get laid innit.

*Ryan*
16-01-2006, 13:32
ref if ya read my response you wud see i wasnt threatnin noone!

as for fox if i knew what trolling was id care. nah i still wouldnt!
so ur a woman den. u need to get laid innit.

Erm innit!

Mate your about as understandable as much as stevie wonder can see!!

fox20thc
16-01-2006, 13:43
Final comment on the subject as Im bored now:

Quotes to encourage us all to support the re opening of the club:

From our friend Lado

"Niche killed it!
I was der when it was raided man. da scum treated us like animals, felt even worse fo all da ho's there innit!"

"fa all the peeps that voted no in da poll, who has actually been??
niche heads need to unite and get my home open again!"

Threats at Spyro :o
"why you dissin me fool?If your a niche head then you know the clientel that go there.why pretend they dont? So wot if i dont have a great education and cant write as well as you can. my opinion is as valid! Id like to see you act all superiour if we ever bump into each other "

"Why u all tryin to play me?
I go with ma boyz to have a good time nottin more. if people are judgin me then i pity you all!"

"dont you now how to talk or summit?
bet you feel all superiour now dont u!
how smug u are sittin at ye desk thinkin up smart arse comments to make people feel worse bout demselves.

wish my life was as excitin as urs!!"

"and you were sayin
i have nottin better to do with my life than to pick on peoples gramer over the internet to feel superiour! Im a sad pathetic man and i have a small penis!"

"ref if ya read my response you wud see i wasnt threatnin noone! as for fox if i knew what trolling was id care. nah i still wouldnt! so ur a woman den. u need to get laid innit."

Lets not forget Sunshine has a hot date lined up!

"that sunflowers is damm fine! think i will be taking her out soon innit. That muppet at the top looks like a batty, is dat board for gays too?"

Im sure she will be thrilled. :|

Fingers
16-01-2006, 14:01
Do any of the "Niche heads" posting on SF think that if they start enough threads and polls and babble incessantly like children trying to get their parents or teachers to change their mind just to get some peace and quiet eventually the police and the courts and the council will give up and allow Niche to reopen? If you do think that you're in for a big disappointment because the real world where grown-ups live doesn't work like that. In the real world what you or I or most other people think about Niche or drugs or anything else doesn't matter and no amount of whining in txt-spk or posturing by plastic gangsters who have listened to some gangsta rap albums will make the slightest difference.

slimsid2000
16-01-2006, 14:08

Have you read 'Dear Ladies' post about the raffle. I think that is an excelent example of why i voted no. If that is the sort of thing that went on there it should stay closed.

slimsid2000
16-01-2006, 14:11

Is english you second language?

sheffieldism
16-01-2006, 14:17
i think his first in Nicheish

Fingers
16-01-2006, 14:20
Originally posted by sheffieldism
i think his first in Nicheish

No, it's definitely Pikey.

syko1979
16-01-2006, 14:31
I went to Niche every weekend for a year and whilst I loved it more than any other club I have ever been too I just knew that some day they'd close it and to be fair they'd have good reason.

For the most part the drug scene was just a load of people getting loved up and dancing for 8 hours straight not bothering anyone. Unfortunately with drugs comes drug dealers.

They're not all terrible people but the FACT is that there were enough bad ones to give it the reputation it had/has.

I'm afraid that it attracted too many bad people doing bad things. They were in the minority but it only takes one bad apple.

We've loads of good memories but I think its is up.

spyro2000
16-01-2006, 15:03
Im not going to argue with Lado. If he wants to approach me if he sees me then so be it. There are plenty of photos of me on here if he wants to search.

Theres no point coming on a forum acting like your 'the man'.

Lado is just reinforcing the stereotype of Niche, and I for one am starting to think that maybe the stereotype is right going by some of the posters who go to Niche. And this is coming from a 'niche head'.

Dear_Ladies
16-01-2006, 21:21
Originally posted by slimsid2000
Have you read 'Dear Ladies' post about the raffle. I think that is an excelent example of why i voted no. If that is the sort of thing that went on there it should stay closed.

Ermm...

That wasn't in Niche, it was in a club called CJs about 15 years ago. CJs could never lose its licence, because it didn't have one. I'm sure nothing like that ever happened at Niche, depraved though it may have been.

CAPRICORN_61
16-01-2006, 22:15
the police don't spend all that money on a whim,
i reckon someone tipped them off on the inside that the police were doina a raid and it's just unfortunate that they didn't get what they went for, sadly.
and glady they shut it down.

Good job too as the saying goes it's better to bow out gracefully when your at the top and leave on a high.

Which is what I suppose most of the punters did every time they left the place.

Last words on the subject -- LOOSE THE KEYS :clap: :clap:

malton_s5
17-01-2006, 07:18
Originally posted by CAPRICORN_61
the police don't spend all that money on a whim,
i reckon someone tipped them off on the inside that the police were doina a raid and it's just unfortunate that they didn't get what they went for, sadly.
and glady they shut it down.

Good job too as the saying goes it's better to bow out gracefully when your at the top and leave on a high.

Which is what I suppose most of the punters did every time they left the place.

Last words on the subject -- LOOSE THE KEYS :clap: :clap:

:loopy: This woman is off her head :loopy:

Have i seen you in niche before :hihi:

CAPRICORN_61
18-01-2006, 21:18
no this woman is not off her head

but this bloke might be:rant:

:clap: and good morning to you

yourna08
22-03-2008, 01:48
look stop chattin **** if u want it kept shut then dont comment we need a full page of yes we want it reopend or no body will take notise start from h:help:ere ****IN OPEN NICHE BACK UP

malton_s5
22-03-2008, 08:41
look stop chattin **** if u want it kept shut then dont comment we need a full page of yes we want it reopend or no body will take notise start from h:help:ere ****IN OPEN NICHE BACK UP

What has woken you up?

This thread is over a year old....

chriswvtr
22-03-2008, 19:05
What has woken you up?

Drugs wore off I reckon :rolleyes: