Sign in to follow this  

Parks, kids play barns e.t.c

Where are there some nice big parks and parks with childrens playground in sheffield? Does anyone know of some toddlers play centres/play barns and kids swimming pools, good children libraries?

You are in Surrey right?? You are a world away from what London has to offer here in Sheffield.

Though I love the city dearly and feel it is far ahead of itself in many respects. Dont try to look for things you will find in London.

My sister lives in Hastings, my mum lives in Uckfield and has worked and lived all over the South including East Grinstead and Lingfield - the way they work down there is completely different to up here. The standards are completely different also.

You will find loads of parks here in Sheffield all of them probably with playgrounds and other leisure facilities - but the toddlers play centre and other specific childrens pens are almost none existent or attached to a pub.

A kids swimming pool is the small pool at the leisure centre and most libraries will have a childrens section.

Moon Maiden

thanks for message moon maiden. I'm not necesarily looking for somewhere similar to London, I am though looking for somewhere nice I can settle down in and afford to buy a nice house (currently renting a flat) I have a liitle one at the moment so most of our time is focused on her. Do you have children, are there any toddler groups near you? Is there a park close to the city centre? Also do you know Killamarsh? I would love to hear more about this area?

hope ti hear from you again

I live in Hillsborough. I am a mum/step mum to four kiddies ages ranging from 2-14yrs.

We have loads of toddler groups. Perhaps it may be better if you contacted the Childrens information service in Sheffield.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/information-for-parentscarers/childcare

Hillsborough park is less than 5 mins walk from my house, it houses the library, walled gardens, a duck pond, large open lawns, a fenced playground, football areas and tennis courts I think. At the other side of Hillsborough park you have the leisure centre.

There is a place above the co-op supermarket (which is less than 5 mins from the park) called the Fun Zone which is great for the kids but a nightmare for parents as the kids can run around ragged and you cannot get them :D . It has a little cafe in there and they host childrens parties.

McDonalds has a fun gym thing too.

I love Hillsborough (bet you canne guess), everything is convieient. It is on direct routes with the city and about 1/2 hours walk away you are in the Rivelin Valley. The first part of which is a nature trail - it has a playground, an outdoor pool which is packed in the summer and a nice little cafe. You can do the rest of the trail which is more rugged and have a cuppa and a slice of cake at the Post Office at the end of the trail and then either walk or take the bus back. http://www.rivelinvalley.org.uk/

The schools are good too. They have their selection of good and bad like any other area. My little boy starts Malin Bridge soon and my eldest goes to Wisewood secondary school.

Killamarsh.........nah.

Moon Maiden

hi ya

thanks for advice, especially on kiddies stuff, it does sound nice where you are. I was asking around about hilsborough not so long ago and I met someone who used to live there. She said it wasn't bad but the football matches ruined it, ie lots of people coming, causing trouble at times. Do you ever find that?

by the way can you tell me why you don't like killamarsh?

Originally posted by "lynseyscott"

hi ya

thanks for advice, especially on kiddies stuff, it does sound nice where you are. I was asking around about hilsborough not so long ago and I met someone who used to live there. She said it wasn't bad but the football matches ruined it, ie lots of people coming, causing trouble at times. Do you ever find that?

hillsboro' is a huge place, so footie related hussle and bussle will be confined to near the ground really

cheers,

if looking for a property in hillborough, could I get something nice (3 bed)for around 80, 90K do you know?

i wouldnt know, sorry :wink:

try www.blundells.com but it seems to be offline at the moment

their phone number is (0114) 275 3853 if you are interested, they are one of the largest estate agents in sheffield, and will probably be able to help

avoid the manor, and "scowerdons" not sure how to spell that one mind ;)

rotherham (all of it).

erm, nice places, totly, woodseats, birley, halfway, gleadless, crystal peaks, norton, loxley, city center apartments are nice apparently, slightly out of sheffield: dronfield is nice, eckington, chesterfield.