First bus company..

First Bus Company...

Without going into detail, I do not understand why some drivers want to work these driving duties, because they are so unfair, you have the morning shift which starts from 4am upto 4pm in the afternoon on average in work around 8-8.30 hours, then the afternoon shift starts from 2pm til 12am on average in work around 8-8.30 hours, They have other shifts where they never work more than 9 hours in any one shift. Part Days (what a load of crap) the drivers start between 6.45-7.45am and finish betwesen 6.30-7.30pm, but theres more they have about a 3 hour break in the middle of the day, what a waste of time, but there hours for the day will still be between 8-8.30, working part days the drivers are away from home well over 12 hours and only get paid the same as the other shift drivers.

I am not complaining about the pay or anything like that, its the time the drivers are away from there families and they are worse off than other drivers who work the other shifts.

Edited by my eyes only

they voluntary work these part days they are not force to work them.........

PS...... before you post on hours and conditions please get you information correct.....

If a driver opts to avoid the early starts and late finishes, then that's the consequence I guess.

If you don't like it why get a job with them?

Next please...

They can go home on split shifts for a few hours as my dad did when he worked split shifts and a first driver I sometimes talk to works split shifts and goes home for a couple of hours.

Could be worse.... you could be moving rubbish for a living :hihi:

It's your career choice!

I dont want to clean toilets for a living,so guess what?...I dont

my dad works for first, and works days ... he has done his time doing shift work when i was younger, the days are normally for the older bus drivers who have already done there time doing shift work

I did it for 4 years wont Ever drive a bus again in my life, worst experience of my life, thought it would be better than the dole, but it wasnt.

First of all I dont work for first, I never said I did.

Secondly if I am slightly out on the hours of work then please correct me, I can only go on what drivers have said in conversations, when talking to some of them.

Thirdly I was pointing out that I (me) dont find it fair the amount of hours drivers in theroy are away from there home life working part days, compared to other shifts within the company, I never said they are forced to work part days, or have said anything bad about the company, it was about that peticular shift pattern.

First of all I dont work for first, I never said I did.

Secondly if I am slightly out on the hours of work then please correct me, I can only go on what drivers have said in conversations, when talking to some of them.

Thirdly I was pointing out that I (me) dont find it fair the amount of hours drivers in theroy are away from there home life working part days, compared to other shifts within the company, I never said they are forced to work part days, or have said anything bad about the company.

All you will ever get from anyone on Sheffield Forum is, if they dont like it, they can get another job.