Scottish Power up 19%

Well I changed to Scottish Power last September and bang here we go again it goes up 19%....

Well the last thing I wanna do iis create a debate about the constant rising of fuel because there all as bad but now I am gonna leave Scottish Power but where the hell do you go these days.

Its obvious the others will follow, anyone got any answers....

I feel sorry for Scottish Power, they only made £1.2 billion profit last year. Poor things.

I feel sorry for Scottish Power, they only made £1.2 billion profit last year. Poor things.

Yes they are having a hard time.

Bilbao-based Iberdrola said core earnings at ScottishPower, acquired by the energy giant in 2007, slumped 7% to €1.3 billion (£1.2bn) last year.

The company said in a statement that the decline in core profits at ScottishPower reflected “deteriorating performance from liberalised business”.

I can see customers leaving them in droves,but we need to see how much other companies rises are.

I can see customers leaving them in droves,but we need to see how much other companies rises are.

exactly!

and when one rises, they will all follow in time.

i too am with scottish power and have been for a while but whilst im a demon for turning off appliances/lights when not use...im rubbish at remembering to do the meter readings.

time to get in the habit so that i can make an informed decision as to whether its worth swopping to another provider :(

x

I changed to Scottish Power in February and even with the proposed rises they're still cheaper than my previous supplier was..

I changed to Scottish Power in February and even with the proposed rises they're still cheaper than my previous supplier was..

That's what I thought, especially when they reduced the direct debit amount. After a year, though, they have announced they intend to nearly double the direct debit (even though we are several hundred pounds in credit) - so their charges might be cheaper on paper, but the monthly cost is higher. We are in the process of leaving them. It will be interesting to see how long we will have to wait for the refund of our credit balance.