Hi,

moving up to Sheffield shortly. Seen a couple of places in Wincobank, great houses, but can't make mind up about the locality...

Any views please?

Cheers!

Very close to Meadowhall shopping centre, which might be ok if you like that sort of thing and also very easy access to the M1. The area as a whole isn't too bad, there is far worse areas to live in.

I have heard this area is near not so nice, dodgy areas

Have a browse through some of the posts on this forum Sauce, to get an idea what the preferred areas in the City are, FYI - I agree with lynseyscott !

Wincobank is not a bad area, it has another estate near by which is a dodgy area.

6 out of 10 on the nice-aty scale for the area there are far worse areas, believe me.

I spent most of my childhood in wincobank ,thats were i was born.

i loved it then.

i mean real wincobank at the bottom.

it infuriates me when people call the flower estate wincobank.

its not wincobank at all its shiregreen.

and the two places couldn't be more different.

i know ive lived in them both.

the flower estate is not the ideal place to live.

I have lived in Wincobank all my life and I love it. It's close to some great schools, Meadowhall, motorway access, and the people that live round here aren't that bad at all. and I agree with Tara, the Flower Estate is not Wincobank, but Shiregreen.

Depends whether or not you like child abusers/neglecters as neighbours.

Originally posted by t020

Depends whether or not you like child abusers/neglecters as neighbours.

No doubt you are jumping on the back of the recent news story about a set of scum neglecting their kids.

Bit of a shame you have to make a political point out of it, again just to put an area down. You remark would assume wherever in Wincobank you are you run the risk of having neighbours who are possibly child abusers/neglecters.

I had thought even you wouldn't have stooped that low.

Example, ever seen many of the goth kids up on Devonshire Green, smoking pot, drinking alcohol etc when many are not old enough to (drink at least)? Not all of them are from 'less affluent' backgrounds, infact many of them are from the S10/S11 areas of Sheffield, where their parents may have a nice house and healthy income, in many respects they are not abused as such, but just given money to get out of the way, and cause somebody else some misery. I suppose in many ways, its also a form of neglect wouldn't you say.

Just because neighbours have a £400k house and two £30k cars doesn't mean they are good parents.

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

Not all of them are from 'less affluent' backgrounds, infact many of them are from the S10/S11 areas of Sheffield, where their parents may have a nice house and healthy income,

Source??

Originally posted by t020

Source??

Source is simple, you may be aware of Victoria Halls, directly opposite the skate park, on Devonshire?

Well, we do speak to them, and have done for 2 years now - so the source is nothing short of direct.

Anything else?

Yes - real facts and figures.