Ethiopian Cuban Restaurant on Arundel Gate

We went to the new Ethioppean Cuban restaurant for a works do last week and it was GREAT! Fantastic food, frendly service and finished off with an authentic Ethioppean coffee ceremony! :clap: :clap: We had an Ethioppean buffet- pancakes and various spicy/ not spicy stews, both meaty and veggie, but they also do Latin food.

It's very central- just opposite TJ Hughs on Arundal Gate but not that prominent so I'm worried they won't get the custom they deserve!

Sounds good. I've not been in many of the shops, bars or restaurants on that bit. They all look so awful. So if somewhere nice has opened it may encourage a general upturn round there. Let's hope so.

Two of my mates swear by this place..

Will defo check it out with lady stoat next year!

can anybody do me a fever just by giving me dawit of ethio cuban reteorant's fon #?cheers

can anybody do me a fever just by giving me dawit of ethio cuban reteorant's fon #?cheers

:|:|:|:|

:hihi:

Place sounds interesting. Where abouts is it, what's it called?

it looks a bit rough though eh? is it really ok?

is there veggie stuff too and what`s the price like?

there is nothing rough around.for sure u ll find wot u r looking 4 n more.most of all u need to know wot u r lookin 4.int?do u like agelgil?thez have it?

there is nothing rough around.for sure u ll find wot u r looking 4 n more.most of all u need to know wot u r lookin 4.int?do u like agelgil?thez have it?

Eh???

Anyway - this is an old thread - wasn't there a fire there? I think it's closed.

Oh I see. Have you been? Any good? I agree with jemson though, it looks a bit 'dodgy'.

OK, this place IS open- it shut for a while last year but has been open again since december. I love it so much i ate there three times in 2 days ! its really really great food. It's also ridiculously cheap.

Its certainly not 'rough' or 'dodgy', but it is fairly basic i guess. Having said that the toilets are clean and the downstairs has been smartened up and re-done. I think its well worth a shot. I have never had food quite like it, have taken about 14 different people there in groups and what not, and all have raved about it.

Veggie stuff- lots of veggie options including 'fasting' platters/ mixtures which are things like spicy buttered cabbage, lentil dishes, really yummy stuff. Dawit will also help you out with the menu choices, he'll do stuiff as spicy or mild as you ask, and i;m sure would help out with extra veggie stuff too if you ask.

Heartilly recommend it. So pleased it's back!!