View Full Version : United States Postal Service

Soldier boy
19-05-2011, 11:33
Hi there, I wonder if anyone knows which company in this country would be responsible for delivery of a parcel sent from America by the United States Postal Service (not to be confused with UPS).
I bought an item from eBay and have a tracking number from the sender but it claims a delivery attempt was made at 2.03am! not likely in this country. So now I don't know where my parcel is! Anyone have any ideas? The parcel is a wool bomber jacket.:huh:

Fingers
19-05-2011, 11:35
I would expect items sent via USPS to be delivered by Royal Mail.

Soldier boy
19-05-2011, 11:45
So would I but they claim not! Visited the sorting office and have been told 'It Depends', 'On What?' I asked (as you would), 'Oh lots of different things' I was told. 'And they are?' 'I can't go listing everything, look on the internet!' So I did, no straight reply so I'm asking the good folk of the Forum! And then you wonder why the Royal Mail blah blah blah........

Fingers
19-05-2011, 11:53
If you have a tracking number you should know who has been carrying the parcel for at least part of the way and it should work wherever it goes, although sometimes a country code at the end of the number may change when it arrives in another country (I've had parcels with numbers that changed to end in GB). As for the delivery attempt at 2.03am that may be when it arrived at a delivery office or was put on a delivery vehicle.

lectrospin
19-05-2011, 11:55
If you're looking at a US site the time is going to be in US time

The_Boy_Hoy
19-05-2011, 12:01
99% of the time it's royal mail, i get a fair bit of vinyl from the states its been royal mail, unless you've paid extra for special delivery.

My last one took ages, said they'd got it but it didn't turn up for ages, mind you this was shortly after xmas when royal mail crawled into it's own bum hole and did nowt for a month.

I'd give it a week and try em again, you never know they may try and redeliver it if they ever tried in the first place.

Phili Buster
19-05-2011, 12:04
Hi there, I wonder if anyone knows which company in this country would be responsible for delivery of a parcel sent from America by the United States Postal Service (not to be confused with UPS).
I bought an item from eBay and have a tracking number from the sender but it claims a delivery attempt was made at 2.03am! not likely in this country. So now I don't know where my parcel is! Anyone have any ideas? The parcel is a wool bomber jacket.:huh:

I had package via 'United States Postal Service' which was delivered in UK by Parcel Force. I think they tried a couple of times but I was not in, so they eventually left a card and I collected it from a local post office (not the sorting office). This was about two years ago, so things may have change, but hope it helps.