Sign in to follow this  

Fat Cats - Should something be done about them?

Something needs to be done about these fat cat bosses receiving huge bonuses no matter how well the company is performing. Time and Time again we keep hearing about CEO pay increases largely in the face of cutbacks at major coperations not only in the US but in the UK as well.

These CEO's are looting companies at the expense of Share Holders and Employees. This probelm of CEO's and their hand picked boards who ignore Stockholders and employees need be dealt with NOW to prevent further erosions of investor confidence.

The most recent disgusting one that springs to mind is American Airlines. The board put off naming it's bonuses until the union had voted to accept the pay cut to keep there jobs and the company afloat. Sure enough 10 minutes later the board annouced their huge bonuses. And they wonder why people critisize the fat cat cooperative board members, for rewarding themselves no matter how the company is performing.

At least this devious scandal was unmasked largely thanks to the Machinest union, one of the most powerful in the world.

What can be done? these are private companies no one can tell them how to spend their money, would you allow anyone to tell you how to spend your's? However, I agree with you, these greedy fat cat's should be kicked out without one penny when they haven't earned it

Not knowing about huge corporation's I can only speculate, maybe it's because of a contract that is bound by law. What I do know is that if we underperformed in our job's, our employment would be terminated forthwith.

Perhaps it needs a change of legislation by the government or a change of the management board in the company concerned, only a barrister at law would be able to give advice or opinion on this subject.

Well, the above case is surely got to be no other option than all out strike.

My vet told me to put my cat on a diet... oh right, not that kind then?

This probelm of CEO's and their hand picked boards who ignore Stockholders .

The shareholders have the ability to remove the directors. I suspect that you mean they ignore a few small shareholders. The majority of the shareholders obviously don't think they are doing a bad job otherwise they would replace them.