[Ask an Expert] - iPod query!

Hello all,

I think it's about time I invested in an iPod. I know they have different sized HD built in. I'm after one with the max HD currently available (I think it holds 10,000 mp3's).

Anyone know where the cheapest are for sale? Even if they need importing?

You want a 40GB one?

Cheapest place in the UK is from the "Apple Education Store" but you need to know someone who works in a school to obtain the max discount (Students get a good discount, but not as good as staff!!)

Originally posted by RPG

You want a 40GB one?

Cheapest place in the UK is from the "Apple Education Store" but you need to know someone who works in a school to obtain the max discount (Students get a good discount, but not as good as staff!!)

Kirk, if you take RPGs advice then i may be able to help.

Originally posted by Cycleracer

Kirk, if you take RPGs advice then i may be able to help.

Bobs your uncle there DaB!

Importing is all well and fine, but you'll need to buy the Universal power adaptor kit as well, ontop of import charges it just aint worth it if you can get the schools staff discount :thumbsup:

Thats only 4gb though Geoff, he wants a 40gb one :lol:

Cheers for the advice folks.

Cycleracer PM me the details.

Geoff... 4gb is way too small for my needs :thumbsup:

RPG cheers for that info dude, although I have seen some import ones 40gb for £250, but to buy a 40GB iPod it would be £399 over here.

That's a significant saving just to buy a power adaptor (about £30 and shipping about £20)... still saving £100!

RPG if you could let me know what this staff discount scheme is and what sort of savings are available I'd be grateful!

Cheers all!

I've heard bad things about iPods not lasting more than 18 months, something to do with the internal battery giving up and Apple charging some ridiculous amount to sort it out. That's what has put me off buying one to be honest - would be interested to hear other peoples views who have long term experience with them.

Originally posted by fnkysknky

I've heard bad things about iPods not lasting more than 18 months, something to do with the internal battery giving up and Apple charging some ridiculous amount to sort it out. That's what has put me off buying one to be honest - would be interested to hear other peoples views who have long term experience with them.

I'll answer this while RPG has a fit of rage about this post (not that he's an iPod lover or anything)

That rumour was apparently false, created by a news website just trying to get itself some attention and publicity.

The wonder of the internet! making rumour spreading so much more powerful!

Wilf

Originally posted by DaBouncer

RPG if you could let me know what this staff discount scheme is and what sort of savings are available I'd be grateful!

The 40gb ones are £312.00, and include the UK warantee...

fnkysknky: Wilf is correct on that one ;)

They dont do 30GB versions, thats 2nd Generation

but the 20GB one is £234.00