The special K diet, does it work?

Hi :).

I was thin king of giving the two week special K diet a go but wondered if it really works? I don't like all the weight watchers diets etc. I don't have a great deal to lose, i'm a size 10, I just want to lose between half a stone to a stone and i'll be happy. I do need to tone up too but one thing at a time :).

So has anyone done it and does it work if you havern't got a lot of weight to lose?

GG

I have lots of weight to loose - I did this and shifted probably 2.5lbs in 2 weeks? And you cant go on it forever obviously so its a shortterm thing unless youve got a small amount to lose.

Any diet you can't go on forever probably isn't good for you.

Just eat less or exercise more.

Any diet you can't go on forever probably isn't good for you.

Just eat less or exercise more.

Not really - you can go on diets and then maintain that weight with different eating patterns etc. The special K one, for the amount you eat - and for a fortnight - to loose 2.5lbs is just crazy. Dont forget the small print though, must be done with a 'calorie controlled' diet :rolleyes: well you might aswell just pick a healthy cereal, have a CC dinner and tea! Or just CC your whole diet.

I have lots of weight to loose - I did this and shifted probably 2.5lbs in 2 weeks? And you cant go on it forever obviously so its a shortterm thing unless youve got a small amount to lose.

Gina is right, these diets do 'work' but by restricting your over all calorie intake, there's nothing special about Special K (see what I did thar :D) you could eat 1200 calories per day of chocolate and lose weight (not advised) or you could eat a balanced diet of around 1600 cals and try and get 400-500 cals of exercise in and lose the same weight. The difference is after eating a restricted low cal diet (I do so twice a year Xmas and before holls) you feel so deprived that you eat like mad for two weeks after where a balanced diet doesn't leave you feeling cheated so your less likely to 'treat' yourself after for being so good!

Not really - you can go on diets and then maintain that weight with different eating patterns etc.

Indeed. So if the diet isn't sustainable long term, it probably isn't good for you.

That said I used to eat cereal as an evening meal when I lived on my own and couldn't be bothered to cook. I reasoned that with all the milk it was probably quite good for you.

Special K is not as nice now was when it used to be like Rice Krispies, mind - and at Kellogs prices I wouldn't want to eat it long term.

Looks like I'll be giving this one a miss then. Thanks Guys.

GG

Excercise + a healthy balanced diet.

Thats your key to sucess

Hi :).

I was thin king of giving the two week special K diet a go but wondered if it really works? I don't like all the weight watchers diets etc. I don't have a great deal to lose, i'm a size 10, I just want to lose between half a stone to a stone and i'll be happy. I do need to tone up too but one thing at a time :).

So has anyone done it and does it work if you havern't got a lot of weight to lose?

GG

Short term yes...is it any good? nope.