People Doing U-Turns in Our Driveway!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can stop people turning around on the end of our drive?

We've put some gates up but the council won't let us put them right on the edge of the driveway, we have to leave 2 metres - which means that people can still pull onto the driveway to do a three point turn.

What we're more worried about is someone hitting the gates whilst turning round. We've thought about putting a security camera up, and a sign saying 'No turning - CCTV in operation' but are we allowed to do this?

Contact the Police and ask them, I would've thought you'd be allowed in the interest of home security, but you're best to get official confirmation.

i would of thought u'd be allowed to, whether they would do anything or use it if the gates were hit is another matter though

This happens all the time with our driveway. Taxi drivers seem to be the biggest problem. I considered putting in a security pole but that is a lot of work to stop someone shining lights in to your living room a few times a day.

must be awful. can you not just live with it?

must be awful. can you not just live with it?

:huh::huh:

You could invest in one of those security poles but they are quite expensive:D

Not to mention digging a great big hole to mount it in as well

It happens to me but they only drive onto the pavement, they don't actually come into the drive.

It happens to me but they only drive onto the pavement, they don't actually come into the drive.

Wish i was so lucky. It sometimes feels like they are going to hit the front of my house :roll:

[edit] Nice Robin Hood info Grahame. I'm gonna read the whole thing later :)

Edited by 0742Sheff

This happens all the time with our driveway. Taxi drivers seem to be the biggest problem. I considered putting in a security pole but that is a lot of work to stop someone shining lights in to your living room a few times a day.

Tell your neighbours not to take taxis, problem reduced:)

What exactly is the problem, are they causing a problem, if so what ?