View Full Version : People Doing U-Turns in Our Driveway!

Head Honcho
03-04-2011, 14:15
Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can stop people turning around on the end of our drive?

We've put some gates up but the council won't let us put them right on the edge of the driveway, we have to leave 2 metres - which means that people can still pull onto the driveway to do a three point turn.

What we're more worried about is someone hitting the gates whilst turning round. We've thought about putting a security camera up, and a sign saying 'No turning - CCTV in operation' but are we allowed to do this?

Sheffield3
03-04-2011, 14:17
Contact the Police and ask them, I would've thought you'd be allowed in the interest of home security, but you're best to get official confirmation.

NERVY-OWL
03-04-2011, 14:20
i would of thought u'd be allowed to, whether they would do anything or use it if the gates were hit is another matter though

auto98uk
03-04-2011, 14:36
Unless they actually damage something, you have virtually no legal recourse (assuming it isn't the same person all the time of course, you might have something if it is).

Just out of interest, what is the problem with them doing it?

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 15:02
This happens all the time with our driveway. Taxi drivers seem to be the biggest problem. I considered putting in a security pole but that is a lot of work to stop someone shining lights in to your living room a few times a day.

UnkleBob
03-04-2011, 15:04
must be awful. can you not just live with it?

denlin
03-04-2011, 15:08

:huh::huh:

denlin
03-04-2011, 15:10
You could invest in one of those security poles but they are quite expensive:D

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 15:12
Not to mention digging a great big hole to mount it in as well

Grahame
03-04-2011, 15:14
It happens to me but they only drive onto the pavement, they don't actually come into the drive.

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 15:16
It happens to me but they only drive onto the pavement, they don't actually come into the drive.

Wish i was so lucky. It sometimes feels like they are going to hit the front of my house :roll:

[edit] Nice Robin Hood info Grahame. I'm gonna read the whole thing later :)

WARANTED
03-04-2011, 15:21
This happens all the time with our driveway. Taxi drivers seem to be the biggest problem. I considered putting in a security pole but that is a lot of work to stop someone shining lights in to your living room a few times a day.
Tell your neighbours not to take taxis, problem reduced:)

Grandad.Malky
03-04-2011, 15:23
What exactly is the problem, are they causing a problem, if so what ?

poppins
03-04-2011, 15:28
I don't see anything wrong with people turning around in someones driveway, I've done it myself If I take a wrong turn, if the people are outside they just wave to me...or run and put kettle on :) people have done it in my driveway too.

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 15:46
What exactly is the problem, are they causing a problem, if so what ?

My driveway slopes down towards my house. That means every time someone pulls into the drive with lights on my entire living room is lit up and anyone sitting on one of the sofas are dazzled.

It's not a massive problem. It just gets irritating sometimes. If it was a problem i would have installed a security pole or gates by now.

Nataliie
03-04-2011, 15:53
Shouldn't people be able to turn in the road without using a driveway? I'd put a giant rock at the top of the drive. Or if you can't do that, block it some other way.

Alcoblog
03-04-2011, 15:53
Do the same as me! I bought a theatrical film set just to combat this sort of errant behaviour.
The offender backs into your driveway, whereupon large black curtains come down obscuring his view.
The large 'rotating driveway' then rotates through 90 degrees. When the curtain comes up again, he/she is pointing directly into your fishpond!
Freaks 'em out every time! :hihi:

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 15:57
Shouldn't people be able to turn in the road without using a driveway? I'd put a giant rock at the top of the drive. Or if you can't do that, block it some other way.

You would have thought so yeah. Especially considering just how wide and how quiet it is on my road.

mrbigface
03-04-2011, 15:59
yeah i hate that too

Grandad.Malky
03-04-2011, 16:00
My driveway slopes down towards my house. That means every time someone pulls into the drive with lights on my entire living room is lit up and anyone sitting on one of the sofas are dazzled.

It's not a massive problem. It just gets irritating sometimes. If it was a problem i would have installed a security pole or gates by now.

What about some blinds.

Nataliie
03-04-2011, 16:02
Why should they have to buy blinds?! His drive shouldn't be used to turn around. Simple as that.

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 16:03
We have curtains and blinds. When we choose to close them should be our choice and not dictated by someone using our driveway.

Grandad.Malky
03-04-2011, 16:14
We have curtains and blinds. When we choose to close them should be our choice and not dictated by someone using our driveway.

If they turned around on the road it may mean and extra manoeuvre but would it really stop the light coming into your window, if its your drive why cant you put a gate across it.

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 16:17
I can put a gate across it. I can install a security post. I can put a piece of wood with nails in it down for people/animals to hurt themselves on.

I can do a lot of things. The point is i shouldn't have to do any of these things.

If the cars turn on the road then no light enters the room. As i said before. The drive slopes down towards my house.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 16:25
Wish i was so lucky. It sometimes feels like they are going to hit the front of my house :roll:

[edit] Nice Robin Hood info Grahame. I'm gonna read the whole thing later :)

Thank you. :thumbsup:

anywebsite
03-04-2011, 16:25

If you don't want your room lit up by external lights, close the curtains. It isn't hard.

manofstrad
03-04-2011, 16:27
If you're really quick, you could clamp 'em.

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 16:28
If you don't want your room lit up by external lights, close the curtains. It isn't hard.

You are missing the point :)

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 16:29
If you're really quick, you could clamp 'em.

I've been following your thread. That was quite :hihi::hihi::hihi:

maybe a ton of manure on the drive would help? :hihi:

anywebsite
03-04-2011, 16:52
You are missing the point :)

I'm bang on the point. You have absolutely nothing to complain about, this whole thread is pointless. It's all because you can't use a little bit of sense & want to be antisocial about it.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 16:56
I'm bang on the point. You have absolutely nothing to complain about, this whole thread is pointless. It's all because you can't use a little bit of sense & want to be antisocial about it.

Aw come on. It's like someone is intruding into your personal space and being very annoying about it.

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 17:01

Wind your neck back in fella and go read post #21 :roll:

the_rudeboy
03-04-2011, 17:11
We've put some gates up but the council won't let us put them right on the edge of the driveway, we have to leave 2 metres - which means that people can still pull onto the drivewaby to do a three point turn.

That suggests that the 2m isn't actually your driveway. :huh:

Tatman
03-04-2011, 17:22

Thats my sacrasm meter in the bin.
Thanks for that :rant:

strikerPaul
03-04-2011, 17:27
I can't believe, with the problems this country and some people are experiencing that your all whining and arguing about cars doing a u-turn in a driveway.

This is possibly the saddest thread ever. Put things into perspective, it sounds utterly pathetic

'I get dazzled, I'm putting a sign up, I'm putting a plank of wood down, I'm getting CCTV installed'

SAD

poppins
03-04-2011, 17:29
I can't believe, with the problems this country and some people are experiencing that your all whining and arguing about cars doing a u-turn in a driveway.

This is possibly the saddest thread ever. Put things into perspective, it sounds utterly pathetic

'I get dazzled, I'm putting a sign up, I'm putting a plank of wood down, I'm getting CCTV installed'

Fully agree Paul.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 17:36

SAD

It is because of people with your couldn't care less attitude that there are these problems. It doesn't matter whether it is small or big it is all down to the attitude of other people who couldn't care less.

Dozy
03-04-2011, 17:56

I can imagine that being dazzled is quite annoying - and you'd probably still be disturbed, even with curtains drawn.

How about a biggish plastic plant pot/trough at the end of your drive, right in the middle of it? If it's mainly taxis, I'm sure word would soon get round that their convenient turning space is no longer available!

denlin
03-04-2011, 18:17
I warned you the minute somebody mentioned Jesus Grahame would be here like a shot. This thread is dooooomed, Mr Mannering, dooooomed I tell ye:hihi::hihi::hihi:

shanes teeth
03-04-2011, 18:45
It is because of people with your couldn't care less attitude that there are these problems. It doesn't matter whether it is small or big it is all down to the attitude of other people who couldn't care less.

I don't think it's a case of couldn't care less.You see,when someone turns round in my drive it doesn't bother me in the slightest and,that being the case,it wouldn't occur to me that it would bother someone else if I turned round in their drive. It can make turning much easier.I suppose that's obvious.People wouldn't do it if it made it harder!

strikerPaul
03-04-2011, 19:00

I'm just a realist and think when there are people coping with terminal illnesses, unemployment, debt, uncertainty, people getting killed for their country and the list goes on, someone turning around in a drive way doesn't really compare.

And it's people like you that make mountains out of mole hills that's got the country in the state it is actually. Try taking your Rose tinted spec's of before accusing others Of being care free. You must live such a stressful life, bet your the type that gets annoyed with birds singing or kids playing aren't ya? Pathetic.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 19:04
If people are turning around in your drive, surely they're doing so because the road is narrow and it's necessary - not to purposely disturb and annoy you. I've used peoples drives to turn around in before. It's hardly the biggest problem in the world. If they were actually damaging your property and not just making you worry that one day they might then I'd understand.

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 19:04
I'm just a realist and think when there are people coping with terminal illnesses, unemployment, debt, uncertainty, people getting killed for their country and the list goes on, someone turning around in a drive way doesn't really compare.

And it's people like you that make mountains out of mole hills that's got the country in the state it is actually. Try taking your Rose tinted spec's before accusing others Graham with an E :loopy:

Has anyone made any mountains in this thread?. As far as i am concerned it is just a casual chat about the subject matter. I don't think anyone has attempted to compare it to any of the things you have.

Now. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill :D

denlin
03-04-2011, 19:06

And it's people like you that make mountains out of mole hills that's got the country in the state it is actually. Try taking your Rose tinted spec's of before accusing others Of being care free. You must live such a stressful life, bet your the type that gets annoyed with birds singing or kinds playing aren't ya? Pathetic.

You'll not get realism from Grahame - he believes in mythical beings. This thread will be gone soon because he'll take it off topic and into realms of fantasy and then it will be closed

SHsheff
03-04-2011, 19:08
You'll not get realism from Grahame - he believes in mythical beings. This thread will be gone soon because he'll take it off topic and into realms of fantasy and then it will be closed
I think Grahame's got me on ignore (well, he said he was going to, last time...) so he won't see my post in support of him but to be fair...he's only posted in context on here.

Give him a break and don't take the thread off topic!

gnvqsos
03-04-2011, 19:10
Do the same as me! I bought a theatrical film set just to combat this sort of errant behaviour.
The offender backs into your driveway, whereupon large black curtains come down obscuring his view.
The large 'rotating driveway' then rotates through 90 degrees. When the curtain comes up again, he/she is pointing directly into your fishpond!
Freaks 'em out every time! :hihi:

I have been caught by this delivering leaflets in Crookes.Do you still keep carp?

Grahame
03-04-2011, 19:19
I don't think it's a case of couldn't care less.You see,when someone turns round in my drive it doesn't bother me in the slightest and,that being the case,it wouldn't occur to me that it would bother someone else if I turned round in their drive. It can make turning much easier.I suppose that's obvious.People wouldn't do it if it made it harder!

You are only thinking of your own convenience, I would never dream of driving into someone else's drive, it isn't mine. I'd be doing a three point turn.

denlin
03-04-2011, 19:19
I think Grahame's got me on ignore (well, he said he was going to, last time...) so he won't see my post in support of him but to be fair...he's only posted in context on here.

Give him a break and don't take the thread off topic!

OK :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Grahame
03-04-2011, 19:28
If people are turning around in your drive, surely they're doing so because the road is narrow and it's necessary - not to purposely disturb and annoy you. I've used peoples drives to turn around in before. It's hardly the biggest problem in the world. If they were actually damaging your property and not just making you worry that one day they might then I'd understand.

People do mind though. I was once working in a house on Crooksmoor Road and when I came out there was gridlock due to some person not being prepared to give way, so I had the bright idea of reversing into someone's drive and the second I did that the householder came out all abusive. So obviously people do mind, their house is their castle and they are very protective of it.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 19:34
People do mind though. I was once working in a house on Crooksmoor Road and when I came out there was gridlock due to some person not being prepared to give way, so I had the bright idea of reversing into someone's drive and the second I did that the householder came out all abusive. So obviously people do mind, their house is their castle and they are very protective of it.

I wouldn't open someone's gates to reverse into their drive but if it was just an open driveway I really can't see what harm it does. Yes, your house is your castle but I'm not talking about driving into their living room.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 19:39
I wouldn't open someone's gates to reverse into their drive but if it was just an open driveway I really can't see what harm it does. Yes, your house is your castle but I'm not talking about driving into their living room.

This wasn't even a drive. It was four terraced houses and the front was (still is) just concrete there is no wall or anything and it is like an extension of the pavement.

All I'm saying is that we need to think about other people, after all they may be some poor old sod who cannot stand the sight of children or even the sound of bird song. :hihi:

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 19:42
This wasn't even a drive. It was four terraced houses and the front was (still is) just concrete there is no wall or anything and it is like an extension of the pavement.

All I'm saying is that we need to think about other people, after all they may be some poor old sod who cannot stand the sight of children or even the sound of bird song. :hihi:

I'm considerate up to the point I feel is necessary - after that I'm not going to pander to peoples every unreasonable whim.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 19:43
I'm considerate up to the point I feel is necessary - after that I'm not going to pander to peoples every unreasonable whim.

Do you think a householder is being unreasonable?

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 19:44
Do you think a householder is being unreasonable?

In what respect?

Grahame
03-04-2011, 19:46
In what respect?

If they don't like people driving onto their property?

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 19:47
If they don't like people driving onto their property?

Yes, if you have an open driveway I think it's super tight to cry about people using it to turn around.

denlin
03-04-2011, 19:47

:hihi::hihi: old guy on our caravan park once came up to barbecue and said that if birds started singing at 4am again he was going home, often wondered if they don't have any where he lives but straying from topic now, sorry:hihi:

Grahame
03-04-2011, 19:50
:hihi::hihi: old guy on our caravan park once came up to barbecue and said that if birds started singing at 4am again he was going home, often wondered if they don't have any where he lives but straying from topic now, sorry:hihi:

At least they aren't driving onto peoples driveways, they just do a dump on the windscreen. :hihi:

Seeing as shaz is so open minded perhaps she will wipe it off after all she thinks she has a right to be there.

discodown
03-04-2011, 19:53
Yes, if you have an open driveway I think it's super tight to cry about people using it to turn around.I agree. How mean spirited do you have to be to object to someone using your drive for a few seconds?

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 19:55
Seeing as shaz is so open minded perhaps she will wipe it off after all she thinks she has a right to be there.

You've stopped making sense now mate. What you trying to get at exactly? How about addressing me directly instead of using school yard tactics of talking about me, in front of me, to someone else. :roll:

Grahame
03-04-2011, 19:59
I agree. How mean spirited do you have to be to object to someone using your drive for a few seconds?

Except they are the ones taking advantage of other people, possibly doing damage and certainly causing a nuisance, while on the other hand the victim has done nothing, not even spoken to them.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:01
You've stopped making sense now mate. What you trying to get at exactly? How about addressing me directly instead of using school yard tactics of talking about me, in front of me, to someone else. :roll:

Then get off my drive and don't come back.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:01
Except they are the ones taking advantage of other people, possibly doing damage and certainly causing a nuisance, while on the other hand the victim has done nothing, not even spoken to them.

You should write for the Daily Mail.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:02
Then get off my drive and don't come back.

Get a life.

spindrift
03-04-2011, 20:03
Dig a big hole and cover it with a cloth painted to look like tarmac.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:05
Get a life.

And that's the attitude you have, and that is why you think it is all right to use peoples drives as turning points and woe betide them if they say anything. :mad:

denlin
03-04-2011, 20:05
mama mia:roll::roll::roll::roll: here we go again

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:07
And that's the attitude you have, and that is why you think it is all right to use peoples drives as turning points and woe betide them if they say anything. :mad:

Jesus, if this is the kind of thing you consider an actual real-life problem I seriously envy you.

discodown
03-04-2011, 20:07
Except they are the ones taking advantage of other people, possibly doing damage and certainly causing a nuisance, while on the other hand the victim has done nothing, not even spoken to them.GET ORF MY LAND!

For a man who researches Robin Hood theres a rich irony in the idea that you won't tolerate the idea in sharing the use of a driveway for a tiny amount of time because they may cause damage, may be a nuisance, may be taken advantage, haven't asked permission and the owner is a victim!

shanes teeth
03-04-2011, 20:08
You are only thinking of your own convenience, I would never dream of driving into someone else's drive, it isn't mine. I'd be doing a three point turn.

You need to read my post again.I said I don't mind when people turn round in my drive. That is their convenience I am thinking of,not mine. So it is not only my convenience I am thinking of. I wonder if Jesus would have minded if people had turned round in his drive?

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:09
GET ORF MY LAND!

For a man who researches Robin Hood theres a rich irony in the idea that you won't tolerate the idea in sharing the use of a driveway for a tiny amount of time because they may cause damage, may be a nuisance, may be taken advantage, haven't asked permission and the owner is a victim!

It is the attitude I don't like.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:13

What attitude? The attitude of "Hey, I think I'll use this empty driveway and do a 3 point turn, instead of blocking the road off for longer and doing a 6 point turn in this narrow road." ...???

SHsheff
03-04-2011, 20:13
For the record, I don't mind people turning round using the entrance to my driveway, and I certainly turn round using other people's driveways, if I need to. Why not?

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:14
Are you afraid those nasty rubber tyres will damage your cement Grahame?

denlin
03-04-2011, 20:14

Grahame, if he doesn't mind people turning in his driveway how has he got an attitude. Oh, and Robin Hood wouldn't have minded either as he believed in sharing:hihi::hihi::hihi:

discodown
03-04-2011, 20:15
It is the attitude I don't like.What attitude?

The attitude of a driver who is lost and confused thinking "i'm lost, i'll just use this drive because the owner won't mind because most people are kind and understanding and i'll only be a few seconds and will be out of their lives"

Or the attitude of the drive owner with too much time on his hands thinking "who's that bounder on my drive? Its a stranger? wheres my gun? he could cause damage, he could be anyone, he could wear the drive out, he didn't ask, didn't write to let me know he was going to do this, this is intolerable, its ruined my entire day. The Times shall hear of this!"

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:16
You need to read my post again.I said I don't mind when people turn round in my drive. That is their convenience I am thinking of,not mine. So it is not only my convenience I am thinking of. I wonder if Jesus would have minded if people had turned round in his drive?

Fair point and credit due to you, but the drivers aren't to know how you feel are they and if you didn't like it some would still do it anyway. Personally I would never intrude onto someone else's property out of respect and seeing as you mention it, Jesus had a lot of respect for others.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:17
Fair point and credit due to you, but the drivers aren't to know how you feel are they and if you didn't like it some would still do it anyway. Personally I would never intrude onto someone else's property out of respect and seeing as you mention it, Jesus had a lot of respect for others.

Why don't you follow his example and share your plot of concrete with others while you aren't using it?

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:18
What attitude?

The attitude of a driver who is lost and confused thinking "i'm lost, i'll just use this drive because the owner won't mind because most people are kind and understanding and i'll only be a few seconds and will be out of their lives"

Or the attitude of the drive owner with too much time on his hands thinking "who's that bounder on my drive? Its a stranger? wheres my gun? he could cause damage, he could be anyone, he could wear the drive out, he didn't ask, didn't write to let me know he was going to do this, this is intolerable, its ruined my entire day. The Times shall hear of this!"

I think it is about treating others as you would like to be treated. :)

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:19
I think it is about treating others as you would like to be treated. :)

I do. I would allow anyone who wanted to use my drive to turn around as I am not selfish.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:20
Why don't you follow his example and share your plot of concrete with others while you aren't using it?

I would rather people shared respect one for another. :)

denlin
03-04-2011, 20:20

You admitted you had done it in earlier post, and got irate householder come out to you, so saying you never do that is not true is it?

discodown
03-04-2011, 20:21
I think it is about treating others as you would like to be treated. :)So do I. The drive owner is wrong

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:21
I would rather people shared respect one for another. :)

Explain how briefly reversing onto someone's drive to turn around is disrespectful.

anywebsite
03-04-2011, 20:22

Why would any driver imagine there would be somebody sat in their front room, in the dark, with the curtains open, who didn't like being disturbed by headlights, but can't get up to close the curtains & turn their light on?

It isn't the kind of thing that crosses most sane people's minds when they want to turn round.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:22

PM me your address and we will see.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:24

I wouldn't give anyone with your mentality my address mate, not in a million years. I'd need my head examined.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:24
So do I. The drive owner is wrong

The driver is supposed to drive on the road.

shanes teeth
03-04-2011, 20:25

I would venture that most people wouldn't mind and possibly,as a result could not conceive of any reason why others would mind. I think maybe Old Testament vengeful God would have done a bit of smiting,But New Testament loving God would be more forgiving in a more enlightened age.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:26
The driver is supposed to drive on the road.

Yeah. Or a driveway...

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:26
You admitted you had done it in earlier post, and got irate householder come out to you, so saying you never do that is not true is it?

That was an emergency and I did it to unblock a traffic jam.

denlin
03-04-2011, 20:27

Grahame it's you who needs to PM address as other person already knows theirs and they want to reverse into your driveway:roll::roll::roll:

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:27
Yeah. Or a driveway...

NO. Not other peoples.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:28
NO. Not other peoples.

You've yet to explain why...

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:28
I would venture that most people wouldn't mind and possibly,as a result could not conceive of any reason why others would mind. I think maybe Old Testament vengeful God would have done a bit of smiting,But New Testament loving God would be more forgiving in a more enlightened age.

In order to forgive, people need to do something to you. It would be so much nicer if they didn't though. :)

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:30
You've yet to explain why...

You have yet to explain what gives you the right to drive onto other peoples property, because you have no right at all.

SHsheff
I had the bright idea of reversing into someone's drive

Personally I would never intrude onto someone else's property out of respect.

You have yet to explain what gives you the right to drive onto other peoples property, because you have no right at all.

Ok, sorrrrrry I defended him!:huh: gosh, Grahame, even when I try, you still shoot yourself in the foot. It's the same thread!

denlin
That was an emergency and I did it to unblock a traffic jam.

It sounds like you were causing traffic jam then. would you say that was selfish. How do you know others who reversed into driveways weren't doing same as you in emergency or have you got monopoly on that?

discodown
03-04-2011, 20:31
You have yet to explain what gives you the right to drive onto other peoples property, because you have no right at all.You know for a Christian you can be infuriating sometimes. You're not very good at understanding or tolerance

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:31
Ok, sorrrrrry I defended him!:huh:
Read post 104.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:33

Maybe you're right... I just do it under the assumption that the owner of the drive is normal and not insanely overprotective of a slab of concrete.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:33
You know for a Christian you can be infuriating sometimes. You're not very good at understanding or tolerance

It's enjoyable though. :hihi:

shanes teeth
03-04-2011, 20:34
In order to forgive people need to do something to you. I would be so much nicer if they didn't though. :)

It's all just so many words in a book to you,isn't it Grahame? You have absolutley no idea what it all means.I know you try,but I just don't think you get it.

Grahame
Maybe you're right... I just do it under the assumption that the owner of the drive is normal and not insanely overprotective of a slab of concrete.

Yes I am right. :D

strikerPaul
Has anyone made any mountains in this thread?. As far as i am concerned it is just a casual chat about the subject matter. I don't think anyone has attempted to compare it to any of the things you have.

Now. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill :D

I suppose this forum is full of casual chats and maybe I over reacted. I just hate it when people think they're hard done to, when in reality people would love their only problem in life to be that a few cars use their drive to turn round.

But having said that I still think it's incredibly sad that someone would start 2 threads about it.

I'm thinking of starting one about my neighbours stairs creaking or the post man not shutting the gate when he leaves. I think all Sheffield needs to know.....

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:35
It's all just so many words in a book to you,isn't it Grahame? You have absolutley no idea what it all means.I know you try,but I just don't think you get it.

Are you saying you don't know what forgiveness is? You were the one who brought it up.

denlin
03-04-2011, 20:37
It's enjoyable though. :hihi:

He's lost plot:roll:

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:38
I suppose this forum is full of casual chats and maybe I over reacted. I just hate it when people think they're hard done to, when in reality people would love their only problem in life to be that a few cars use their drive to turn round.

But having said that I still think it's incredibly sad that someone would start 2 threads about it.

I'm thinking of starting one about my neighbours stairs creaking or the post man not shutting the gate when he leaves. I think all Sheffield needs to know.....

And there you have it in a nutshell. It is all about having consideration for other people rather than thinking about yourself first.

Amaranthus
03-04-2011, 20:41
And there you have it in a nutshell. It is all about having consideration for other people rather than thinking about yourself first.

Hey guys! Grahame was being sarcastic all along! Phew! What a relief!

strikerPaul
03-04-2011, 20:44

Yep you have lost the plot, or your drunk? ( which if you are drunk then fair play )

Night everyone.

Grahame
03-04-2011, 20:55
Night everyone. :)

poppins
03-04-2011, 21:05

What a strange way of thinking , doesn't sound like Grahame. :huh:

Mrs Overall
03-04-2011, 21:11

I think what you're saying is its down to respecting someone elses property...

Most people.(of a certain age) dont have this "respect"..god they havent got it for themselfs never mind other folks property....:(

Grahame
03-04-2011, 21:29
I think what you're saying is its down to respecting someone elses property...

Most people.(of a certain age) dont have this "respect"..god they havent got it for themselfs never mind other folks property....:(

Someone understands me. :thumbsup:

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 23:27

Don't get me started on the neighbours stairs creaking!! :hihi:

0742Sheff
03-04-2011, 23:31
I'm not talking about driving into their living room.

In my case you are actually. My living room window is over 2 meters long and is just 1 foot above floor level so when a car turns in to my drive they can see the entire living room.
Would you like it if someone walked up your drive and had a good looksie at your living room?

terminator
03-04-2011, 23:50
You could invest in one of those security poles but they are quite expensive:DI made one out of scaffold welded bracket on to it so it could be padlocked down inserted larger steel post into ground.Only problem is when you have OH that drives as well and forgets about it when they reverse off tend to end up with dents :loopy::hihi:
One thing though heard taxis go bumb in dark stoped them

Nataliie
04-04-2011, 10:09
In my case you are actually. My living room window is over 2 meters long and is just 1 foot above floor level so when a car turns in to my drive they can see the entire living room.
Would you like it if someone walked up your drive and had a good looksie at your living room?

I'd leave them to think they'd be okay with it, they're obviously completely insane. :hihi:

denlin
04-04-2011, 17:56

Grahame - striker Paul was being facetious but it went straight over your head. :roll::roll::roll:

Grahame
04-04-2011, 19:29
Grahame - striker Paul was being facetious but it went straight over your head. :roll::roll::roll:

I knew that and I turned it to my advantage. You should play a straight bat with me the same as I do with everyone else and if people say something factual I expect the source so it can be verified. Talking nonsense is like a boxer who drops his guard, it lets the opponent get a punch in.

shanes teeth
04-04-2011, 19:36
I knew that and I turned it to my advantage. You should play a straight bat with me the same as I do with everyone else and if people say something factual I expect the source so it can be verified. Talking nonsense is like a boxer who drops his guard, it lets the opponent get a punch in.

:o:hihi:.......

denlin
05-04-2011, 11:40

Tha must be punch drunk then:hihi::hihi::hihi: because I think you mean inspect the source don't you?

shanes teeth
05-04-2011, 17:43
Tha must be punch drunk then:hihi::hihi::hihi: because I think you mean inspect the source don't you?

No,I think he does mean expect.I think he expects a link so he can check validity.Obviously,as a Christian,his default position is to disbelieve anything that people say.

slh73
05-04-2011, 19:44
So has no-one thought of the most obvious way of stopping people using your driveway? Parking a car on it maybe?

Grahame
05-04-2011, 21:02
So has no-one thought of the most obvious way of stopping people using your driveway? Parking a car on it maybe?

Instead of in the garage!

Treatment
06-04-2011, 11:06
A house near me, which used to be a Pub, has this problem. He put up two upstands, about 18 inches high, and has a chain between them. He painted them white so they are easily visible.