Best DIY Fake Tan?

Hi

Feeling a little white at the moment and wondered if anyone could give their experiences with fake tans to use at home.

Tried a few in the past, St. Tropez looks a bit orange on my skin, xen tan goes too dark. Tried the mosturiser ones with tan in but always get streaks.

I'm very fair skin and at the moment very milky white. I don't want to have anything too dark just something to add a bit of colour.

Its more about how you prep your skin and how you apply than what brand you use!

Exfoliate and moisturise - then wait a little while for the skin to fully absorb the lotion.

I always use a tanning mitt - boots stock their own brand i think, soltan?

At the minute i am using No7's tan.

Although if you are typically "pale skin" Aldi do a very good moisturiser with tan in it that i have never had problems with, again use the mitt!!

Good Luck!!

We sell a rich moisturising cream containing a natural ingredient –DHA – which does all the melanin magic to make you go the shade you would if we ever got enough sun. One application will give a light, natural colour change for up to a week. Daily applications for a few days give a much deeper colour. It's been tried on all skin types and shades and found it gives a realistic tan on everyone.

Ingredients: water (aqua); shea butter (butyrospermum parkii); apricot kernel oil (prunus armeniaca), vegetable glycerine (glycerine), emulsifying wax, dihydroxyacetone, vitamin E (tocopheryl vitamin E).

I am naturally fair so I use either Garnier Summer body - the dark moisturiser one, or St Moriz foam tan which is like a cheap one but works fine. I get in the shower in the morning and exfoliate and if I need to shave my legs I do it the dya before so I don't get spotty legs!. I put my fake tan on two hour before bed and then shower the next day and have never had streakiness using these two fake tans.

St Moritz from B&M or home bargains. £2.99 and is best fake tan ive ever come across!!!! you need to make sure you exfoliate and moisturise well and possibly add another layer depending on how dark you want it. A x

I've just started getting into fake tanning and St Moriz has been recommended to me.

What prep do I need to do and when do I moisturise my skin? Before or after?

How do I deal with tanning my hands/fingers/face?

Thanks for your help. :)

Shave and exfoliate day before. Moisturise before applying tan, especially on dry bits (knees ankles elbows) wait for it to soak in then apply tan.

I use latex gloves to avoid getting in on palms as it does stain. If you are doing your face just put a small amount on the parts that would normally tan, forehead nose cheeks etc.

Id recommend having a practice go to get used to it!!! The St Moritz goes on quite dark but a lot of it does wash off in shower so you may need to do another layer before you go out.

We sell a rich moisturising cream containing a natural ingredient –DHA – which does all the melanin magic to make you go the shade you would if we ever got enough sun. One application will give a light, natural colour change for up to a week. Daily applications for a few days give a much deeper colour. It's been tried on all skin types and shades and found it gives a realistic tan on everyone.

Ingredients: water (aqua); shea butter (butyrospermum parkii); apricot kernel oil (prunus armeniaca), vegetable glycerine (glycerine), emulsifying wax, dihydroxyacetone, vitamin E (tocopheryl vitamin E).

Does this work with your natural melanin, sort of bringing it to the surface and have no actual fake tanning colour in it ?

Does this work with your natural melanin, sort of bringing it to the surface and have no actual fake tanning colour in it ?

That's correct. Visit, call or e-mail Amy at the shop for advice.