View Full Version : Rescue Centre pet bedding maybe??

Kimellajoe
16-03-2011, 13:04
I am having a big clearout in my house and I have started upstairs!
I have got a few duvets, pillows, towels etc. Not sure if this would be any use to rescue centres? It's in very good condition but we just have too many!!
I think there is a couple of singles and a double? Will probably be more as I carry on lol

Anyway, it's here and free to anyone who could make use of it xx

felix24
16-03-2011, 16:30
hi - If I were you I'd ring Thornbury or such-like, sure they would welcome it for animal bedding xx

OOmpa
16-03-2011, 16:34
I am having a big clearout in my house and I have started upstairs!
I have got a few duvets, pillows, towels etc. Not sure if this would be any use to rescue centres? It's in very good condition but we just have too many!!
I think there is a couple of singles and a double? Will probably be more as I carry on lol

Anyway, it's here and free to anyone who could make use of it xx

Sheffield council pound will be grateful for it, there's a thread somewhere about pet bedding :)

smudge74
16-03-2011, 18:56
Thornberry had a load (6 bin bags full) from the last lady that posted on here. Maybe the pound need this lot a little more

Berkana
16-03-2011, 19:09
The dog pound would be soooo grateful for this. Shelves are empty of bedding and they're having to put some dogs to bed without it :(

smudge74
16-03-2011, 19:53
OMG, that's terrible! I'll have a collection at work :(

Berkana
16-03-2011, 19:56
Thanks smudge :) The dogs are kept inside at night and they have heating so they're nice and warm, but still not great for them having to sleep without bedding :(

BuBu
16-03-2011, 21:16
I have just sent a text to customers and friends to ask for help with bedding, towels, food, treats, toys etc and have already received some great responses so will hopefully have a collection to distribute soon. These lovely dogs (and cats) in rescue need some additional comforts whilst waiting for their new families to spoil them. I live in the Crystal Peaks area and am happy to collect items from local people if anyone is without transport.

Rainrescue
16-03-2011, 21:31
No dog should ever have to go to bed without bedding. How come nobody has been on begging for some before hand? The stock shouldn't be allowed to go down - there are companies that could be approached to give them bedding - someone just needs to have a go at asking.
PLEASE don't let the dogs go to bed without bedding - thats just so upsetting - they have no home, no owner and now no blanket.

Can't someone take it on to phone round for them?

smudge74
16-03-2011, 23:08
I'm sure I can get a massive wad from work as there's loads of us. Will get on it ASAP. Where do u suggest ringing Rain?

Rainrescue
16-03-2011, 23:27
Be good if you could get from work - any of the hotels, hospitals, large organisations with blankets
thanks smudge - yet again

Priorylady
16-03-2011, 23:28
My Jack Russell used to eat his blankets and suffer the consequences!!! he spent 15 happy years in a basket with no bedding!!

However, not all dogs are as stupid as my beloved Mortimer, I'll put a notice up at work to see if I can get some stuff collected

Rainrescue
16-03-2011, 23:41
Yes, but your dog was probably in a house, knew that it was loved and was warm.
Whilst the kennels may be heated - they won't be as warm as a house AND they haven't necessarily chewed any bedding.

About 2/3rds of these dogs will have previously been in someones nice warm house the night before they were kicked out.

I have had dogs that chew bedding - they usually do it for a reason - thats not always easy for us humans to understand - they do it cos they can't tell us whats wrong with them. People have told me there is nothing wrong with a dog not having any bedding - I'm sorry - I disagree. People used to live in caves with cloth and fur skins - why do we now need central heating and fleeces? I don't know, but I know that I do.

You go and put a bed down with a blanket and a bed down without one - and I would bet you 10.00 which most would choose.

Thank you for trying - if you saw them, I'm sure you would realise how needed it is.

Kimellajoe
17-03-2011, 20:48
Aww no :o( I will phone the dog pound and see if they want it xxx

maryjane
17-03-2011, 21:17
I have just had a call to ask me to pick some up over the weekend, will drop it down as soon as I get it an will also have a phone around.

smudge74
17-03-2011, 21:50
Got a boot full of bath towels and blankets that I'll b dropping at the pound tomorrow, with more to follow next week

Berkana
17-03-2011, 22:07
Thanks everyone - total stars :love: they managed to get some last night so they didn't have to go without bedding, thank god - it's just never ending and the pile goes down so, so quickly when there's so many dogs in, and so many soil them so they have to be changed daily.

The staff and dogs really really appreciate everyone's donations of bedding. Thanks so much to everyone who donates or collects. I will try n contact some hotels, nursing homes etc etc over the next few days to see what I can scrounge for them :)

Rainrescue
17-03-2011, 23:35
I know how quickly they go down Berkana and its really not an option to be washing and drying that sort of bedding in your conditions.
You just somehow needs lots of it dont you?
Maybe people can put on a radio appeal for you - what about phoning up Ronay on Radio Sheffield, he's a great dog lover.
Anyone ok at doing it?

smudge74
18-03-2011, 17:26
Dropped off 4 bin bag fulls of bedding this a.m but it won't last long, if anyone can take some down they really need it. People at work brought it in for me with only 24hrs notice so maybe others could have a collection at work? I am finishing the article off this wkend about the state of the pounds so I will put an appeal for bedding in there too

Berkana
18-03-2011, 17:30
Massive thanks to Smudge for all the bedding :love: the dogs are all nice and snuggly tonight :D

smudge74
18-03-2011, 22:12
You're more than welcome Berkana, nice to meet you and put a face to the name!! Will be back with more next wk

Berkana
18-03-2011, 22:16
You too smudge :D Thanks loads! Those big blankets are great - nice and comfy for the dogs to snuggle down in and we can actually wash them (can't wash duvets obviously :lol:). Major's got one tonight ;)

smudge74
18-03-2011, 22:23
I'm going to contact the laundry/linen departments at the Hallamshire, Northern General and Rotherham hospital on Monday, don't think they are open at the weekend but will have a try

Rainrescue
18-03-2011, 22:48
Thanks Smudge , hope your not left to do it all on your own, and some people will pick up the phone and try to find more places too

Berkana
18-03-2011, 23:32
Thanks Smudge :D I'm putting together a list of nursing homes and such so will contact them this weekend, when I'm more awake :lol:

Bloomdido
23-05-2011, 11:07
I have several quilts and some bedding. Can't seem to find any contact numbers for Rescues anywhere though. Can deliver to Sheffield or Rotherham.

Rainrescue
23-05-2011, 13:18
Look up Sheffield Strays on our rainrescue website Bloomdido - they ALWAYS need good beding for the dogs. Its easy to drop off in the centre of sheffield at the OLD rspca building too.

Thanks for collecting - maybe ask around any friends and family too so you can take them a huge load down at the same time

Bloomdido
23-05-2011, 14:36
Look up Sheffield Strays on our rainrescue website Bloomdido - they ALWAYS need good beding for the dogs. Its easy to drop off in the centre of sheffield at the OLD rspca building too.

Thanks for collecting - maybe ask around any friends and family too so you can take them a huge load down at the same time

Sorted. Thanks.

pets@home
23-05-2011, 15:10
i have some bedding that they can have but it will req picking up from mine .

maryjane
23-05-2011, 18:03
Whereabouts are you? maybe I can help.you can pm if you prefer

pets@home
24-05-2011, 18:53
I would like to thank Maryjane for picking up the bedding from me for the pound thankyou

maryjane
24-05-2011, 20:45
you`re welcome! dropped it at the pound after the school run. x

172-125
25-05-2011, 21:37
Do they only accept blankets & covers or do they accept quilts & pillows which are filled with stuffing?
Would they make use of a canvas pet bed it's got zips at top & sides, can be flat packed.
would be good for any cat & pups or mini breed dogs