Recipes for slow cookers?

Ive just got a slow cooker, but the only thing i can think of cooking in it is chicken and beef caserole?!

Anyone got any ideas?!

i once did rice pudding in mine....but it went a bit wrong? i.e the rice weren't cooked cos i should have pre boiled it...oopsie

How about steak and ale? :thumbsup:

Cheating ex BF's taste very nice. Just remove their testicles and tongue. Add a little Garam Masalala and bingo !:clap:

Originally posted by cloudybay

Cheating ex BF's taste very nice. Just remove their testicles and tongue. Add a little Garam Masalala and bingo !:clap:

can't forget your hendersons :thumbsup::clap:

Originally posted by Moon Maiden

can't forget your hendersons :thumbsup::clap:

You must have eaten the same casserole Moon. Yummy :clap:

bolognaise sauce works well..

Have you tried googling it? there are some really good recipes.

My friend makes a good chicken in mushroom sauce, she uses campbells condensed mushroom soup.

Vanessa

Pork chops will tenderize well in a slow cooker, have to brown them first though.....add tin of tomatoes ect ect.

erm, can i have a big mac?

A good chili slow cooked for hours is excellent. Especially if you use sirloin beef tips instead of minced beef. Sear the meat first to keep in the juices.

Originally posted by poppins

Pork chops will tenderize well in a slow cooker, have to brown them first though.....add tin of tomatoes ect ect.

I do the same, poppins. Grease the crock pot (slow cooker) lightly, and put a couple of sliced potatoes in the bottom. Add the browned pork chops, then pour a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom, cream of celery, or tomato soup over everything. Or a small can of tomato sauce if you don't like all the sodium in the soup.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high 5-6 hours. Really good, easy dinner or lunch. Just put it on in the morning.

:) Sierra

I got told that slow cookers shouldn't be used to cook meat. The low temp for a longer period of time could allow any bacteria in the meat to multiply faster rather than proper cooking, where high temp destroys them.

Is this the case?

You should pre cook the meat a little. Just brown it a little round the outside and then the slow cooker can finish it off for you. In chickens case just cook in a frying pan till its white and then chuck it in with the other ingrediants in the slow cooker. Or you can do the whole thing in the slow cooker on the hob and then move it onto the base.

We have stew alot from our slow cooker