Tench venues in Sheffield

I know it's still not quite warm enough, but I'm looking for venues round Sheffield (particularly the north side of the city) with a good head of reasonable sized tench, all my old favourites are sadly now overstocked with stockie carp & mini-skimmers

really getting difficult finding anywhere with any real chance of connecting with a few, and I'm not after venues where you might see one every half dozen sessions

any help appreciated

what about the tench pond at barlow mate?

I thought that had changed to carp years ago

might have a drive down tomorrow to have a look

cheers mate

think there is a few carp in there now but i know there are some decent tench in there also as iv had some out my self mate, if u do go let us know how it went:)

Aston ponds and Wentworth lakes(Roth).

when you say Aston, do you mean Lily, Split or Stable?

or all 3

I know there used to be a lot in split, but isn't that mostly carp now?

also used to fish Kiveton Waters, but last few times i went last autumn it was all carp & bream (just like everywhere else)

I've not fished it for a couple of years but I've caught some decent Tench at Harlesthorpe Dam in Clowne.

KJS aston (the ones before the split, lilly etc) have a designated tench and crucian pond. Its only a year or two old so looks a bit bare but should mature nicely. Its one of the new ones dug out.

fished that a few times last summer

tiny skimmers dominate, tench & crucians are present but they were all around the 4-6oz size

looking for better stamp than that to be honest

some big tench in crookes valley park pond,not a fish every cast though but your patience will pay off !!

i usually night fish there,using sweet corn and caught some decent sizes,including 2 that was very nearly 7 pound males,females are bigger !!

some big tench in crookes valley park pond,not a fish every cast though but your patience will pay off !!

i usually night fish there,using sweet corn and caught some decent sizes,including 2 that was very nearly 7 pound males,females are bigger !!

Hi, just wondering if those tench where caught recently, because i used to get 4 or 5 during the summer but now im lucky to get 1.

i havnt fished there for about 2years,but im sure the tench will still be there and if your really lucky you may catch one of those massive carp thats in there,i cant manage to catch them though.

i usually fish in the margins about 9 foot out,just where the bottom slopes of to stupid depths

good luck