View Full Version : How to get my son off of cannabis

rach73
19-02-2011, 22:47
Can anyone help or know anywhere that offers help. Im so worried about him, he does want to come off it himself but keeps going back, hes really depressed and bored, he trys to keep out of trouble and off the streets i just want to help him before it leads to harder drugs, there must be some help out there.

dave_dave
19-02-2011, 22:50
Talk to Frank 0800 77 66 00.
Or he can go to his Doctor. Bear in mind if he really wanted to stop smoking it, he would have.

melthebell
19-02-2011, 22:53
you cant, like any drug, including alcohol it has to be him that really wants / needs to come off it.
i smoked it for 18 years but stopped..eventually, as i could no longer get any easily, and got out of the habit.
with him if he really wants to stop he needs to cut off all avenues of supply, try and occupy his mind with things that arent dope related.

what i found easier was id swap between alcohol and weed. when id had too much weed for a week id have booze more and when id had too much alcohol for the week id smoke a few joints, try and cut down on both eventually

Rampent
19-02-2011, 22:53
Can anyone help or know anywhere that offers help. Im so worried about him, he does want to come off it himself but keeps going back, hes really depressed and bored, he trys to keep out of trouble and off the streets i just want to help him before it leads to harder drugs, there must be some help out there.

Engage your son, find things that are common ground. Bond. Get out and about and laugh at things.

maxyross
19-02-2011, 22:57
Don't underestimate how hard it is. A lot of the problem is dependance upon nicotine. He needs to start knocking up spliffs with just tobacco but going through the motions as if for Cannabis. After a month he would then need to come off tobacco and there are plenty of options there.

Swan_Vesta
19-02-2011, 22:59
You're right to want to get him off it. It leads to worse drugs but if the lad wants to kick it, he'll do it with the help of self belief and a big helping of 'I've got a big ole pair'. Good luck to your boy.

melthebell
19-02-2011, 22:59
Don't underestimate how hard it is. A lot of the problem is dependance upon nicotine. He needs to start knocking up spliffs with just tobacco but going through the motions as if for Cannabis. After a month he would then need to come off tobacco and there are plenty of options there.
indeed, i dont smoke, but smoked "spliff" for 18 years, i believe what i was addicted to was the tobacco, as i didnt like smoking it pure, needed it to have tobacco in.

melthebell
19-02-2011, 23:00
You're right to want to get him off it. It leads to worse drugs
no it doesnt

it CAN lead to worse drugs, for others it leads them OFF worse drugs

dave_dave
19-02-2011, 23:02
You're right to want to get him off it. It leads to worse drugs but if the lad wants to kick it, he'll do it with the help of self belief and a big helping of 'I've got a big ole pair'. Good luck to your boy.

The only reason for this would be the people someone using cannabis may mix with, there's absolutely no reason that cannabis itself would lead to the use of harder drugs.

melthebell
19-02-2011, 23:04
maybe take chem1st idea from here (http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=729004)?

pattricia
19-02-2011, 23:04

Cannabis can be worse than ordinary tobacco to kick. I think boredom is a lot to do with it. Its not the taking of it, but what it leads to, mainly paranoia.

maxyross
19-02-2011, 23:06
no it doesnt

You are bang on but consider this. Dealer "Haven't got any skunk but I have got some sniff".

dave_dave
19-02-2011, 23:08
You are bang on but consider this. Dealer "Haven't got any skunk but I have got some sniff".

I'm assuming the customer has a little extra money on him? Slight price difference here...

melthebell
19-02-2011, 23:08
would never interest me, coke isnt my drug, weed was

thing is people generally have "their" drugs, weed and booze was always mine, i tried other things (speed, acid, shrooms) but they didnt do it for me, i could take or leave em.
weed and booze was mine for 18 / 20 odd years respective.

now its just booze

maxyross
19-02-2011, 23:19
I have massive sympathy for anyone who is "hooked" on anything. It is always assumed that being as they are "doing it to themself" they can stop when they like. Their addiction supresses many of the instincts that those without a dependancey take for granted. For example, to put their children first, respect other people's property or even to look after themselves.

Sorry but it's so sad.

jaycee331
19-02-2011, 23:31
I have a strong view that there is less harm to society and the individual in cannabis versus alcohol, but perhaps that debate is for a different thread.

If it was a choice between the lad smoking some weed in his bedroom, versus hanging around in parks with his mates drinking White Lightning, I know which I'd prefer every time...

You want to be very careful to consider that if he does comes off the weed he'll turn to alcohol (or something else) to fill the void instead. The issue may be better dealt with by understanding why he uses weed, what void it is filling for him (to de-stress, boredom...) and help to understand that first, rather just to "get him off it"...

megalithic
20-02-2011, 00:51
no it doesnt

What he said.

megalithic
20-02-2011, 00:57
You want to be very careful to consider that if he does comes off the weed he'll turn to alcohol (or something else) to fill the void instead. The issue may be better dealt with by understanding why he uses weed, what void it is filling for him (to de-stress, boredom...) and help to understand that first, rather just to "get him off it"...

Very wise words, and you should heed them.

upinwath
20-02-2011, 06:27
Give the silly bugger a slap round the face and tell him not to be so ruddy daft.
It may wake him up.

warrior8
20-02-2011, 10:51
Does your son work?

shoo gal
20-02-2011, 17:07
The Jeremy Kyle Show??

benny4
21-02-2011, 00:40
stop his pocket money and take him to school everyday so he doesnt sneck off

vResistance
21-02-2011, 01:05

It doesn't necessarily lead to other drugs but as he has chosen to try cannabis ,it follows he could be of the mind to try other drugs.
Other drugs (though good while you're up) are bad and screw you up as does alchohol.it's not worth it.

I'd be more worried if my kid was drinking regular.

People turn into idiots after alchohol and suffer illness and die because of it,a cannabis user is in danger of being too laid back and that's about it.

SheffDancer
21-02-2011, 08:35
Try contacting the corner on division street used to be the shed they help however big or small the problem .. I recently did a drug awareness training course for work, Jenny and Nigel delivered the course and their knowledge was fab so I'd recommend you ask to speak to them they are better than Frank as it's more 1 to 1 about your problem and not the 'drug' in general. Gd luck!

Mel's Mum
21-02-2011, 13:57

would never interest me, coke isnt my drug, weed was

thing is people generally have "their" drugs, weed and booze was always mine, i tried other things (speed, acid, shrooms) but they didnt do it for me, i could take or leave em.
weed and booze was mine for 18 / 20 odd years respective.

now its just booze

I'd second that. Peope telling you that cannabis will definitely lead to other drugs are scaremongering. Every drug has different pros and cons for different people. I am the polar opposite to melthebell - I took coke and speed sporadically for 20 years and if anyone had said to me that they didnt have any but did I want a weed I would have politely told them that I'd go elsewhere :)

But back to the point, if you are worried about your son's cannabis use I would take him along to a youth drug advisory project where they can give him some one to one advice and try to encourage him to fill his life up with other things, such as work and/or an active hobby just so that he doesnt have the time to smoke weed. Also try educating him that whilst weed might make him feel good while he's got it, it'll cost him a fortune over the years (try and give him an example of what else he could do with that money) and its also an almighty pain in the bum when there's a drought!

Glamrocker
21-02-2011, 14:00
Talk to Frank 0800 77 66 00.
Or he can go to his Doctor. Bear in mind if he really wanted to stop smoking it, he would have.
He's useless ...he's always stoned on Shameless :hihi:

SUPERTYKE
21-02-2011, 14:55
Start to worry when he gets into class 'a' drugs.
Do you believe that ALL drugs should be legalised and thereby controlled? This would immediately deprive users of their rebellious 'bad boy' mystique and put some much needed tax money in the coffers. Or maybe we should just carry on letting the gangsters get rich.

Hots on
21-02-2011, 15:03
you cant, like any drug, including alcohol it has to be him that really wants / needs to come off it.
i smoked it for 18 years but stopped..eventually, as i could no longer get any easily, and got out of the habit.
with him if he really wants to stop he needs to cut off all avenues of supply, try and occupy his mind with things that arent dope related.

This is interesting, aren't you in the legalise it brigade? surely legalising it will create easy avenues of supply.

dave_dave
21-02-2011, 15:06
I have a strong view that there is less harm to society and the individual in cannabis versus alcohol, but perhaps that debate is for a different thread.

If it was a choice between the lad smoking some weed in his bedroom, versus hanging around in parks with his mates drinking White Lightning, I know which I'd prefer every time...

Whenever someone mentions anything about cannabis, a load of idiots start up with "alcohol is worse", why do they do this? No one can ever manage to see cannabis on it's own, they feel the need to compare it to alcohol. Which, to be honest, is a ridiculous comparison.
The woman wanted to know how to get her son off cannabis.

TJC1
21-02-2011, 15:14
Just let him smoke for a few years, he will either realise cannabis isnt all that and become a functioning and contributing member of society or he wont, hes a young adult and should make his own decisions.
You can only make him aware of the dangers and let him come to his own conculsions.
To be honest, most of the people I used to know that smoked cannabis are now doing perfectly well, in respectable jobs and wear suits. Some of them have out of control cocaine habits but they hide it well- and this is what counts, as long as you appear respectable and pay your taxes no-one seems to care what you do behind close doors.

tranceducer
02-03-2014, 21:30
Its always best to understand the issue.
Cannaboids themsleves seem less addictive.
But there influence lead to mood swings.

From what I know make sure he is drinking plenty of fluids during before and after smoking his cannabis.
Drinking helps to keep the addiction at bay.
it also helps conquer the laziness the Cannabis causes.

Try and make it a rule that the home inside does not smell of cannabis.

So when he wants to smoke his joint he has to stand outside or open his window and stick his head outside while smoking. Most addiction comes from the smoke going into the skin from a smoke filled room.
Why smoking around children should be known as child abuse.

Keep stocked up on Oranges.
Oranges have a tangy taste to them which can replace that off the hit coming from smoking that happens on the chest.
Oranges when there juice hits the chest reacts in a simliar way.

Also when he does decide he is going to stop. Its best on the day he decides hes not going to smoke anymore he takes a shave. As the nicotine and cannabis in the hair fossils will be removed and will require less of a craving to fill the fibres with its smoke and molecules.

The last thing is the thought. of Wanting to smoke which is usually in the visual cortex of the brain. usually middle of the brain.
any self aware person can pin point where the thought is coming from.
Its important to replace the thought with something else.
So you could replace it with a game.
Or a sport. or a book or some other hobby such as playing monopoly.

Good luck!

alchresearch
02-03-2014, 21:49
Interesting how the ones who promote weed on this forum, especially legalising it or claim its harmless, are conspicuous by their absence....

simonj
02-03-2014, 21:54
Probably because the thread is 3 years old.....

Waldo
02-03-2014, 22:10

Does he want to stop? Or just telling you that?

I would suggest he talks with people who have been in his position in the past, and successfully come off the drug and turned their lives around.

---------- Post added 02-03-2014 at 22:11 ----------

Probably because the thread is 3 years old.....

Well spotted!

John Hope
03-03-2014, 03:55
Try NAC with Vitamin C, get them from your local health store.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826714/

El Cid
03-03-2014, 07:09

Need more information.

If you are supporting him by giving him somewhere to live and maybe even giving him money, then you are supporting his habit.

onewheeldave
03-03-2014, 10:30
Whenever someone mentions anything about cannabis, a load of idiots start up with "alcohol is worse", why do they do this? No one can ever manage to see cannabis on it's own, they feel the need to compare it to alcohol. Which, to be honest, is a ridiculous comparison.
The woman wanted to know how to get her son off cannabis.

The reason they bring up alcohol is because their are a lot of wasted lives and deaths directly associated with users of it.

And it's legal.

Whereas cannabis has no recorded deaths attributed to it's use.

Statistically it's the safest drug around (excepting perhaps tea/coffee).

Yet it's ilegal. One of the main justifications for it's illegal status is safety- which given the above, is clearly nonsense.

Claire_
03-03-2014, 10:32

Report him to the police?

tzijlstra
03-03-2014, 10:50
This is really rather old, but one tip I can give is that he has to change his patterns - perhaps even move to a different place altogether (depends on his age and ability to find work of course).

My brother was very dependent on cannabis but since moving 200 km from his home town he has managed to mostly kick the habit, he has very good support from his girlfriend which has had a massive impact.

Mr Bloom
03-03-2014, 12:26
The reason they bring up alcohol is because their are a lot of wasted lives and deaths directly associated with users of it.

And it's legal.

Whereas cannabis has no recorded deaths attributed to it's use.

Statistically it's the safest drug around (excepting perhaps tea/coffee).

Yet it's ilegal. One of the main justifications for it's illegal status is safety- which given the above, is clearly nonsense.

Well that's a shame. I don't suppose though when someone is stabbed to death by a regular user of strong cannabis who has developed paranoid schizophrenia that they will put 'cannabis' as the cause of death on the victim's death certificate.

Tek-no-logic
03-03-2014, 12:52
Does your son work?

I think if he worked it would help him stop smoking weed. I don't think he works as he gets high is bored and depressed. Any one like that won't be holding down a 9 to 5

Those of you saying you was addicted to the tobacco and not the weed in your spliffs are obviously not pot heads as anyone smoking weed urges to have a spliff of a cannabis instead of just a fag hence being addicted to it.

I don't know how old everyone is but you all know today's weed is stronger due to chemicals etc that are in it and I'd say that makes it more addictive as the taste is more intense and so is the hit.

Any way I don't want to be typing out for half hour so I'll leave it at that for now.

advancedskim
03-03-2014, 12:55
drug dealers need stronger sentences, a heroin dealer has been dealing in high green for over 15 years. Drives a brand new merc! What are the police doing?

onewheeldave
03-03-2014, 15:32
Well that's a shame. I don't suppose though when someone is stabbed to death by a regular user of strong cannabis who has developed paranoid schizophrenia that they will put 'cannabis' as the cause of death on the victim's death certificate.

No they won't- would you?

The attacker, as well as being schizophrenic and having a spliff, presumably also breathed air and cracked one off occasionally- should the cause of death therefore be breathing and/or masturbation :)

Cyclone
03-03-2014, 15:35

There isn't really any evidence that it leads to other drug use, so why make the OP feel worse?

Mr Bloom
03-03-2014, 16:33

The attacker, as well as being schizophrenic and having a spliff, presumably also breathed air and cracked one off occasionally- should the cause of death therefore be breathing and/or masturbation :)

Fresh air and 'cracking one off occasionally' doesn't make you a paranoid schizophrenic though, does it? However too much strong cannabis in some people can.

I'm sure you are aware of what I was getting at. Cannabis ruins and takes lives. Just because maybe there are no known recorded deaths due to cannabis smoking, there are in fact plenty of deaths due to cannabis smoking. - Bob Marley RIP being one of them.

Tier
03-03-2014, 16:48
Fresh air and 'cracking one off occasionally' doesn't make you a paranoid schizophrenic though, does it? However too much strong cannabis in some people can.

I'm sure you are aware of what I was getting at. Cannabis ruins and takes lives. Just because maybe there are no known recorded deaths due to cannabis smoking, there are in fact plenty of deaths due to cannabis smoking. - Bob Marley RIP being one of them.to develop schizo you must have underlying serious mental health issues, smoking bud MAY contribute to and accelerate this, but it does not GIVE you schizo.

---------- Post added 03-03-2014 at 16:53 ----------

ive been smoking bud for 15 years. i never felt the need to go onto something harder, You can minimalize the addictiveness by not using tobacco. vapourizing and eating are the healthier options whilst still getting you stoned.if he really wants to give up he will but you cant cant force him, perhaps a chat with somebody who has been there and done it would have more influence on him

Mr Bloom
03-03-2014, 17:07
to develop schizo you must have underlying serious mental health issues, smoking bud MAY contribute to and accelerate this, but it does not GIVE you schizo

Of the cannabis smokers I know, several regular cannabis users who had extremely promising careers ahead of them and no disorders apparent enough to get in the way of this, suddenly developed them after smoking strong cannabis. All of them have had to have serious health intervention, including admission into institutions.

charmer
03-03-2014, 19:29

I'm sure you are aware of what I was getting at. Cannabis ruins and takes lives. Just because maybe there are no known recorded deaths due to cannabis smoking, there are in fact plenty of deaths due to cannabis smoking. - Bob Marley RIP being one of them.

I am pretty sure that Bob Marley died from malignant melanoma that started in the toe (skin cancer). It was arguably his religious beliefs that killed him, as he refused to have his toe removed, a course of action what would probably have saved is life.

If you have evidence that it was cannabis that killed him, please contact his estate.

Of the cannabis smokers I know, several regular cannabis users who had extremely promising careers ahead of them and no disorders apparent enough to get in the way of this, suddenly developed them after smoking strong cannabis. All of them have had to have serious health intervention, including admission into institutions.

There is a tenuous link between Cannabis and various low level mental disorders, though no cause has ever been found (despite a number of studies).

There is every chance that these promising people would have developed certain disorders regardless of the weed they smoked. The brain does not fully develop until the mid - 20's, perhaps their conditions were hibernating inside their brain.

It is unscientific to attribute cause to their weed consumption without any evidence.

Mozilla
03-03-2014, 20:28

This is correct! Genetics do also play a part but smoking this will put you at high risk to develop serious life changing mental heath issues. Also the risk will be passed to your unborn future kids....

Waldo
06-03-2014, 00:00

Think his point was that it can have a detrimental impact on the mental state of the user.

SqueakyPete
06-03-2014, 00:38

No there isn't
No he didn't
How do you expect people to believe anything you type,when there are such errors in your "facts"?.

Mr Bloom
06-03-2014, 08:45
No he didn't
How do you expect people to believe anything you type,when there are such errors in your "facts"?.

Yes, that's been done. Well done for reading someone else's post but bad luck for not doing your own research. Bob Marley's melignant melanoma on his toe was not the cause of his cancer, in fact, that is accepted as an urban myth, and it was in fact a new symptom that appeared after he had already been diagnosed with cancer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Marley

No there isn't

Yes there are. People are stabbed to death/shot by paranoid cannabis users very frequently.

onewheeldave
06-03-2014, 12:33
Think his point was that it can have a detrimental impact on the mental state of the user.

Then he should have provided a shread of evidence for his 'point' then, rather than an anectdotal example that could, and probably was, caused by a multitude of other factors than cannabis smoking.

---------- Post added 06-03-2014 at 12:36 ----------

Yes there are. People are stabbed to death/shot by paranoid cannabis users very frequently.

a. it's not at all frequent- if you disagree, provide some proper figures showing the numbers stabbed/shot to death by paranoid cannabis users.

b. paranoid murderers, as well as stabbing/shooting people to death, also may tend to use drugs- it's a correlation, not a cause.

Xt500
06-03-2014, 12:53
Does your son work?

of course not,you only have to look at the post count of the posters who advocate drugs to know that.
Theres only one way with drugs and its down!

Waldo
06-03-2014, 13:43
Then he should have provided a shread of evidence for his 'point' then, rather than an anectdotal example that could, and probably was, caused by a multitude of other factors than cannabis smoking.

No evidence is required for me. I know first-hand how dangerous it is and the kind of impact it can have on a person.

I do however, fully support legalisation or all drugs.

Mr Bloom
07-03-2014, 02:01
a. it's not at all frequent- if you disagree, provide some proper figures showing the numbers stabbed/shot to death by paranoid cannabis users.

b. paranoid murderers, as well as stabbing/shooting people to death, also may tend to use drugs- it's a correlation, not a cause.

I do disagree. How do you get figures to prove 'it's not at all frequent'? Have figures been provided anywhere? If you know of any, I'm prepared to debate them with you.

Bonzo77
07-03-2014, 07:17

It's not as simple as coming off the drug. It's a lifestyle change that's required.

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 07:24 ----------

Interesting how the ones who promote weed on this forum, especially legalising it or claim its harmless, are conspicuous by their absence....

Are they?? I've seen many comments by people who are against prohibition.

Just because someone is pro legalisation doesn't mean they are sympathetic to someone who is addicted. Addiction happens, people will always need help. This is a totally different subject!

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 07:26 ----------

No, the cause of death is being stabbed to death!

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 07:30 ----------

Wow! Your friends are living proof that cannabis leads to mental illness. You should contact the scientific community!

Actually, the fact that myself and most of my friends still smoke weed and have successful careers, nice cars, nice houses and healthy families, probably puts that theory to bed.

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 07:32 ----------

Yes, that's been done. Well done for reading someone else's post but bad luck for not doing your own research. Bob Marley's melignant melanoma on his toe was not the cause of his cancer, in fact, that is accepted as an urban myth, and it was in fact a new symptom that appeared after he had already been diagnosed with cancer.

Provide proof that cannabis caused this, please!

Waldo
07-03-2014, 11:42
Are they?? I've seen many comments by people who are against prohibition.

Just because someone is pro legalisation doesn't mean they are sympathetic to someone who is addicted.

True that. I'm very pro-legalisaion.

No, the cause of death is being stabbed to death!

Of course, a person's mental and emotional state has no bearing on their decision to stick a knife in to someone...

Wow! Your friends are living proof that cannabis leads to mental illness. You should contact the scientific community!

Actually, the fact that myself and most of my friends still smoke weed and have successful careers, nice cars, nice houses and healthy families, probably puts that theory to bed.

You clearly have a vested interested in maintaining a belief that smoking weed has no detrimental effects on you mentally. I'm quite the opposite, having experienced first-hand the kind of mental issues we're talking about here. No laughing matter by the way.

I can tell you, prolonged use does have a detrimental effect on people. I can't say it's all people, I'm sure people react differently to different substances. It may be that you and your friends are not experiencing the kind of things I did, and I hope you never do.

I do feel it's a bit irresponsible to tell others this stuff isn't going to be harmful though. You don't know that. You don't know how an individual is going to react.

Provide proof that cannabis caused this, please!

Just saying 'prove it' is a bit childish. If proof is not readily available, it doesn't follow that a proposition is necesarily discredited or false. Also, the kind of things weed can open you up to, the scientific community couldn't even begin to quantity.

SqueakyPete
07-03-2014, 14:31

Are you serious?
You are wrong on so many things,I wouldn't know where to start lol.

SqueakyPete
07-03-2014, 14:53

And just to add.
Booze can cause a whole lots of problems for someone,yet this stuff is legal,I would much rather live next door to a pothead than a drunk.
How many people suffer at the hands of drunk people compared to potheads?

The very fact that someone who has a drink problem(or even just a normal drinker) can morally put themselves above pot smokers bothers me.
The world is opening its doors to cannabis,slowly but surely.
I also find it funny how when people are making an argument against Cannabis they always know someone that went schizo on it.
I have known loads of smokers over the years,and yet to meet one.
Im not disputing it happens,but I definitely take comments like "I have known loads of people it turned schizo" with a pinch of salt:hihi:.
People jackanory telling for the sake of their argument,isn't an uncommon site on here lol.

Bonzo77
07-03-2014, 17:39
Of course, a person's mental and emotional state has no bearing on their decision to stick a knife in to someone...

I didn't say it didn't. Smoking cannabis has nothing to do with it though. Why do people who don't smoke it stab people to death?

You clearly have a vested interested in maintaining a belief that smoking weed has no detrimental effects on you mentally. I'm quite the opposite, having experienced first-hand the kind of mental issues we're talking about here. No laughing matter by the way.

I can tell you, prolonged use does have a detrimental effect on people. I can't say it's all people, I'm sure people react differently to different substances. It may be that you and your friends are not experiencing the kind of things I did, and I hope you never do.

I do feel it's a bit irresponsible to tell others this stuff isn't going to be harmful though. You don't know that. You don't know how an individual is going to react.

Who's laughing?? I've lost friends through substance abuse, but mainly through booze and harder drugs. It happens, always has, always will.

It depends what you mean by prolonged use. If you use cannabis over a long period and don't abuse it, then their won't be any detrimental affects. If you're smoking 4,5,6 joints a day, you're going to have side affects.

I agree with your last point, and I think the same goes for every drug, legal and illegal.

Just saying 'prove it' is a bit childish. If proof is not readily available, it doesn't follow that a proposition is necesarily discredited or false. Also, the kind of things weed can open you up to, the scientific community couldn't even begin to quantity.

Why is it childish? It's just the same as you saying weed makes you crazy!

Mr Bloom
07-03-2014, 18:41
And just to add.
Booze can cause a whole lots of problems for someone,yet this stuff is legal,I would much rather live next door to a pothead than a drunk.
How many people suffer at the hands of drunk people compared to potheads?

The very fact that someone who has a drink problem(or even just a normal drinker) can morally put themselves above pot smokers bothers me.
The world is opening its doors to cannabis,slowly but surely.
I also find it funny how when people are making an argument against Cannabis they always know someone that went schizo on it.
I have known loads of smokers over the years,and yet to meet one.
Im not disputing it happens,but I definitely take comments like "I have known loads of people it turned schizo" with a pinch of salt:hihi:.
People jackanory telling for the sake of their argument,isn't an uncommon site on here lol.

You think people are all inventing stories when in fact their personal life experience leads them to disagree with you? Are you sure you don't know anyone that went 'schizo' on it? :hihi:

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 18:43 ----------

True that. I'm very pro-legalisaion.

Nothing really to add to that. Succinct and pretty much sums up my feelings/response exactly.

amberleaf808
08-03-2014, 02:38
I personally don't believe it leads to harder drugs. I could go on but Wont.... What i do believe is that it 100% leads to paranoia. Can't stand in a shop queuing for something, Has to get out after a few minutes etc. Other than making you paranoid and potentially depressed it does NOT lead to harder drugs. However that's bad enough to get him of it.

Unfortunately one addiction has to be replaced with another. You have to try and make his new addiction a positive one .. Football , Swimming , weightlifting , etc.

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 02:57 ----------

Personally I would get him into a boxing club. Get him out of the house , get him seriously fit and give him a great confidence boost!

johncocker
08-03-2014, 09:44

I smoked it for years ,lived in amsterdam for over 2 years, australia india and nepal for months .I think it a lie when people say you get unmotivated! When you're stoned , I found i could do just about everything you normally do just as well you just realize that it's not worth the effing effort.:hihi:

Bonzo77
08-03-2014, 09:56
I personally don't believe it leads to harder drugs. I could go on but Wont.... What i do believe is that it 100% leads to paranoia. Can't stand in a shop queuing for something, Has to get out after a few minutes etc. Other than making you paranoid and potentially depressed it does NOT lead to harder drugs. However that's bad enough to get him of it.

Unfortunately one addiction has to be replaced with another. You have to try and make his new addiction a positive one .. Football , Swimming , weightlifting , etc.

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 02:57 ----------

Personally I would get him into a boxing club. Get him out of the house , get him seriously fit and give him a great confidence boost!

I think the paranoia only comes on in public places, or if you have to cover up the fact that you're stoned. When you're drunk, you lose all your inhibitions. You don't care if you can't stand up straight, or sound like an idiot when you talk. Being stoned is totally different, you know exactly what is going on around you, in fact your probably even more aware!

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 09:58 ----------

I smoked it for years ,lived in amsterdam for over 2 years, australia india and nepal for months .I think it a lie when people say you get unmotivated! When you're stoned , I found i could do just about everything you normally do just as well you just realize that it's not worth the effing effort.:hihi:

Mr William Melvin Hicks! What a guy!

It's true though. I find smoking weed actually motivates me, especially when I'm working and need to be creative.

SqueakyPete
08-03-2014, 12:41
You think people are all inventing stories when in fact their personal life experience leads them to disagree with you? Are you sure you don't know anyone that went 'schizo' on it? :hihi:

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 18:43 ----------

Nothing really to add to that. Succinct and pretty much sums up my feelings/response exactly.

Thats your only "empty" reply?
Its a very strong sign you know very little on the subject.
And if you are calling me schizo..
A) thats a cheap and below the belt shot(and another sign you have diddly squat in return)
B)I don't touch the stuff (and don't just think im saying that,because if I did,I would have no problem admitting to it)
We live in a system that makes millions of people into criminals,and for what? smoking a plant?
ooooooo,those nasty illegal people!:rolleyes:

Bonzo77
08-03-2014, 14:19
Thats your only "empty" reply?
Its a very strong sign you know very little on the subject.
And if you are calling me schizo..
A) thats a cheap and below the belt shot(and another sign you have diddly squat in return)
B)I don't touch the stuff (and don't just think im saying that,because if I did,I would have no problem admitting to it)
We live in a system that makes millions of people into criminals,and for what? smoking a plant?
ooooooo,those nasty illegal people!:rolleyes:

Man jumps off bridge, man depressed wants to end it all.

Stoned man jumps off bridge, cannabis is to blame, he wouldn't have been depressed if he didn't smoke weed.

This is the mentality were dealing with here.

Detetcive
08-03-2014, 14:49

Never heard of this. Have you got some stats or a source?

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 14:51 ----------

You've just made this up haven't you?

SqueakyPete
08-03-2014, 17:59
Man jumps off bridge, man depressed wants to end it all.

Stoned man jumps off bridge, cannabis is to blame, he wouldn't have been depressed if he didn't smoke weed.

This is the mentality were dealing with here.

You didn't mention the man had a drink problem too lol.:hihi:

Mr Bloom
09-03-2014, 04:34
Never heard of this. Have you got some stats or a source?

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 14:51 ----------

You've just made this up haven't you?

Sadly, no.

amberleaf808
09-03-2014, 22:25
I personally think paranoia is nothing more than heightened awareness. However I have many a friend that smoked everyday like it was a few packs of cigarettes a day. All are now divorced and admit to being gradually paranoid and depressed and not wanting to go into work more and more over the years then one day ... No kids, wife or job! They admit to smoking to much crap over the years...

I don't know, But I would think numbing your brain every day for years must not be good for you. In moderation YES Possibly . I'm not convinced we are all capable of doing moderation. Some can some can't.

Bonzo77
10-03-2014, 08:11
I personally think paranoia is nothing more than heightened awareness. However I have many a friend that smoked everyday like it was a few packs of cigarettes a day. All are now divorced and admit to being gradually paranoid and depressed and not wanting to go into work more and more over the years then one day ... No kids, wife or job! They admit to smoking to much crap over the years...

I don't know, But I would think numbing your brain every day for years must not be good for you. In moderation YES Possibly . I'm not convinced we are all capable of doing moderation. Some can some can't.

I agree, too much of anything is bad for you. In moderation, cannabis is harmless, just like alcohol. I've managed to moderate my usage of cannabis and alcohol, much the same as my unhealthy eating.