Dukan Diet - anyone?

Never really heard of the Dukan Diet till i saw it on Amazon the other day.

I have decided to give it ago, since i have tried everything else out there:rolleyes:

Anyone else doing it or going to be doing it?

I have ordered the book, "should" be delivered today (i know what the HDNL can be like) and i am going to start it middle of next week so i have chance to get a big shop in.

I did loose a stone over xmas BUT i went back on my meds and it all came back on :(

Oh! my books have arrived, me thinks im going to have a duvet day with no tv or computer, in peace and quiet and read.

God that sounds like a lovely few hours for me *yey* i am sad haha

Heard of it, although never done it. I'm researching what 'diets' to do once ive come off liquid diet, about to start exante, done lipotrim (very limited). But I need something to do, so I can refeed without putting the lbs back on! Was going to do slimming world once the initial loss is over with but if you could come back and update with what its like etc i'd be very grateful!x

try this link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

I have been using the site since june last year. I lost 36lbs by xmas time.

its just good old calorie counting. lots of support from people there thats also members

it is totaly free. if you only look its worth it.

what u gotta loose except weight. I am still on the diet now and is the best ive done ever.

I tried liquid diet, i lost 1 stone 7 lbs but then xmas came (many moons ago) and put it back on plus more, tried it again but couldnt stick to it. Mainly the constipation that got me (not that you wanted to know this!)

I will keep everyone updated on here with my hopefull losses and what i buy from the supermarket (online ordering is a god send)

Thanks dearsue1 ill go have a look on that site!

I tried liquid diet, i lost 1 stone 7 lbs but then xmas came (many moons ago) and put it back on plus more, tried it again but couldnt stick to it. Mainly the constipation that got me (not that you wanted to know this!)

I will keep everyone updated on here with my hopefull losses and what i buy from the supermarket (online ordering is a god send)

Thanks dearsue1 ill go have a look on that site!

Ey, ive never talked so much about my movements than in the past 6-7 weeks lol liquid diets cause you to talk about it! :hihi: I've got myself prepared, ive got fibreclear :D Good luck with it all, I hope it works for you, I know liquid diets dont work for everyone, but I hope youve found something for you x

It was on TV the other day on "Will my crash diet kill me".

Results were really good and the Dr said it wasn't dangerous short term

With respect girls, following all these ridiculous fad diets will cause you nothing but grief and your weight will be up and down all your life.

Stop following stupid diets, eat healthily, get some exercise and learn to love yourslves the way you are.

Being thin doesn't make you happy, neither does denying your body the pleasure of food.

With respect girls, following all these ridiculous fad diets will cause you nothing but grief and your weight will be up and down all your life.

Stop following stupid diets, eat healthily, get some exercise and learn to love yourslves the way you are.

Being thin doesn't make you happy, neither does denying your body the pleasure of food.

With respect Halibut. Have you ever felt so unhappy with yourself that you felt the need to self harm or starve yourself then binge eat? Or, sat thinking about 'whats the point, im always going to be fat' then thinking everyone is looking at you and not going out for over 4 months in one go cause your afraid someones staring at you? So please, dont tell me its a stupid diet. Exante, Lipotrim, Cambridge and all the others are NOT easy diets, theyre not for those without mental willpower either. I'm in a state of mind where I need to shift the weight and fast. Its ruining my life now. My goal isnt to be thin, nor deny myself of anything (Liquid diets or TFR [total food replacement] are nutritionally perfect, 100% of RDA of all vits and minerals.) you dont feel hungry, or anything like that. You drink more water than the average person would on a normal day. Unless youve been in mine (and many others) shoes then youre not in any place to comment about our 'stupid' diets.

I've considered all sorts of diets, but come down on the side of reducing everything else on my plate and filling up on plain veg or salad instead (so instead of a plate of pizza and onion rings I now have 2 slices of pizza, half a jacket potato, a couple of onion rings and a huge pile of salad with a spot of low fat balsamic vinegar dressing on).

I'm not on a diet, I'm making a life change by changing my eating pattern to eat less calories and then I'm exercising a lot more and I'm really pleased to say that I've lost the first 10kg of the weight I've got to lose since September.

It's not dropping off quickly, but it is going, and since it's taken 15 years to go on I'm not expecting it to disappear again in a few weeks, and most of all I don't want to end up actually raising my body fat proportion by yoyo dieting.

I can't do much at the gym because of my disabilities, but I do what I can and every time I go I say the words 'that's one more cake paid for'.

I wish you well PK, but please don't measure yourself just by your weight. Weight that goes off slowly and stays off is a lot more important than seeing the scales move quickly.

With respect Halibut. Have you ever felt so unhappy with yourself that you felt the need to self harm or starve yourself then binge eat? Or, sat thinking about 'whats the point, im always going to be fat' then thinking everyone is looking at you and not going out for over 4 months in one go cause your afraid someones staring at you? So please, dont tell me its a stupid diet. Exante, Lipotrim, Cambridge and all the others are NOT easy diets, theyre not for those without mental willpower either. I'm in a state of mind where I need to shift the weight and fast. Its ruining my life now. My goal isnt to be thin, nor deny myself of anything (Liquid diets or TFR [total food replacement] are nutritionally perfect, 100% of RDA of all vits and minerals.) you dont feel hungry, or anything like that. You drink more water than the average person would on a normal day. Unless youve been in mine (and many others) shoes then youre not in any place to comment about our 'stupid' diets.

May I just add to this, my goal is to be healthy. Feel healthy and look it. I dont want to be stick thin or anything just happy. I'm 6 stone overweight, so its a big deal to me.

I've considered all sorts of diets, but come down on the side of reducing everything else on my plate and filling up on plain veg or salad instead (so instead of a plate of pizza and onion rings I now have 2 slices of pizza, half a jacket potato, a couple of onion rings and a huge pile of salad with a spot of low fat balsamic vinegar dressing on).

I'm not on a diet, I'm making a life change by changing my eating pattern to eat less calories and then I'm exercising a lot more and I'm really pleased to say that I've lost the first 10kg of the weight I've got to lose since September.

It's not dropping off quickly, but it is going, and since it's taken 15 years to go on I'm not expecting it to disappear again in a few weeks, and most of all I don't want to end up actually raising my body fat proportion by yoyo dieting.

I can't do much at the gym because of my disabilities, but I do what I can and every time I go I say the words 'that's one more cake paid for'.

I wish you well PK, but please don't measure yourself just by your weight. Weight that goes off slowly and stays off is a lot more important than seeing the scales move quickly.

I had this feeling too and although it did work, for me ive got a big issue with food. After speaking to others who've done liquid diets and the doctor, most agreed that cutting out food to get rid of the issues ive currently got will probably the best way forward for me, then reintroducing healthier foods, cut my portion sizes and be in a better frame of mind. Well done on the 10kg loss though, thats brill :)