Slimming world is there a online site

I want to join but would sooner do it online as i am embaressed about the weight gain due to meds ive been put on i feel i cant go out to a meeting can i join online

Yes they do do an online version (go to http://www.slimmingworld.com and follow the links to online membership), but it is really beneficial if you can make yourself go as you will get all sorts of tips and the social aspect really makes you feel better about it all as you can feel like you are in it as a group rather than alone (and I don't 'do'social at other times). The group that I go to has all shapes and sizes of people there and no-one is judged on their weight gains (just congratulated on any losses :) ). I found that I actually lost weight quicker if I stayed to the group rather than running in getting weighed and then running out again.

If you do decide to try and attend a group, you can type in your postcode into the website and it will find the ones most local to you. I think it will give you a phone number of the leader too if you wanted a chat before you went.

Good Luck!

completely agree with lisaH

I joined just before xmas and have 2.5 lb to lose to reach my 2 stone.

The meetings have been invaluble. Everyone is there for the same reason, whether its to lose 5lb or 5 stone.

the advice and encoragement you get outways any embarracement you may feel at the start

good luck in whatever you decide to do

Well done Shazeroo!

That's a fantastic weight loss, in such a small amount of time. Which group do you go to?

Em xx

thanks em

i go to the aston group run by paul - he is a reall inspiration

completely agree with lisaH

I joined just before xmas and have 2.5 lb to lose to reach my 2 stone.

The meetings have been invaluble. Everyone is there for the same reason, whether its to lose 5lb or 5 stone.

the advice and encoragement you get outways any embarracement you may feel at the start

good luck in whatever you decide to do

wow fantastic weight loss :banana::banana: