Weight loss help please

Well here goes, please be kind!!

I need to loose 4 and a half stone. I want to be healthier and be able to buy clothes that look good!

Can anyone recommed a weight loss plan that really does what it says on the tin, i have a young family so cannot be any of the faddy diets as i dont want to teach my daughter these are an option! and needs to have recipies i can make for the whole family.

I have done Slimming world before and lost on it but just wanted to see if there were any other options.

I will NOT be going to a gym either!

Thanks in advance

I need to loose 4 and a half stone. I want to be healthier and be able to buy clothes that look good!

Can anyone recommed a weight loss plan that really does what it says on the tin, i have a young family so cannot be any of the faddy diets as i dont want to teach my daughter these are an option! and needs to have recipies i can make for the whole family.

I have done Slimming world before and lost on it but just wanted to see if there were any other options.

Thanks in advance

Im on The Grapefruit Diet and it does work as Ive been on it before but some like it others dont. Everyone can suggest things but its got to suit your needs but this is my suggestion http://www.grapefruit-diet.org/

The new Weight Watchers plan looks good - it seems to concentrate more on eating healthily. WHereas before you could just eat your points' worth of chocolate, now it gives less points values to fruit and veg etc.

Please avoid things like Cambridge and Lighter Life - learning to live and eat healthily, including exercise, does and will work.

Good luck!! :-)

x

I know people who have lost weight on the Harcombe Diet. You can get the book from Amazon its more about recipes and cooking healthy stuff

Thanks in advance

I lost 6 stone 5 years ago on weightwatchers points - very easy to do, no banned foods, but you do need to keep track on what you have eaten, to know if you have any points left! I lost a stone a month for five months, and the last stone took 3 months to go - I did go to the gym for 30 mins every night though, so obviously you won't lose weight so quickly or tone up the loose skin if you choose not to exercise... I bet you could still loose 4 stone in 7 or 8 months on that plan though! It's a plan that those who are slim 'naturally' do anyways, such as knowing what a correct sized portion is (a piece of meat or fish should be no bigger than the palm of your hand, etc) and you still get to have booze, fizzy pop or sweets, you just check the quantity and include it in your points... I did WW online by the way - it was cheaper than the groups, but I couldn't get to the groups anyway due to working hours... Good luck!

Thanks in advance

If you are prepared to put in some effort for one hour each week, our classes will definatly help you lose weight and tone up

ive just joined weight watchers its my first week and i havent struggled one bit

to be honest i cant believe how good it is its changed loads as all your fruit and most veg isnt pointed anymore so you can fill up on it ive ate sooo well this week and you get on top of your allowance another load of points to use for treats ie a night out or a meal out ect

good luck xxx

ive just joined weight watchers its my first week and i havent struggled one bit

to be honest i cant believe how good it is its changed loads as all your fruit and most veg isnt pointed anymore so you can fill up on it ive ate sooo well this week and you get on top of your allowance another load of points to use for treats ie a night out or a meal out ect

good luck xxx

I found it ridiculously easy, until I got to the lowest number of points (when you are approaching goal) and then it was so hard as I was hungry all the time - but when you are so near goal you are so into how you look and the clothes you fit into that you manage... If it was starvation at the start, it wouldn't be effective... In the end though, I couldn't carry on being as hungry as I was and let a stone creep back on... Better that than be hungry constantly as there is nothing worse!

I cant decide between starting WW or SW. Ive done WW in the past and it was good but i did feel hungry a lot of the time. I thought about doing SW but it seems more restricted and harder to follow (red days and green days). I think i chose WW because its easier to follow and Tesco and morrison now put WW on the back on their own products which is really helpful!

im pretty miffed with myself atm I broke my foot 4 months ago and still get pain I had a pretty good diet and wii fit days goin on but since ive been off the foot ive put on over 2 stone im absolutely mortified and need to start losing the weight asap but i cant even stand on the wii balance board without falling off :( eating healthily doesnt work either its always combining the 2 that work and now im stopping smoking tomorrow so the whole losing weight thing is really taking a back burner :(