Info about Crabtree pond Fir vale

ON the site it says "popular with local Anglers." so my first comment may be wrong........i know crabtree pond from my younger days.........and it certainly didnt have any Carp in it then..lol

theres perch and roach in there, i know a lad who put 10 of each in there last year.

Thank you all, only i was in Dave Parkes tackle shop this morning and this guy was on about it.

I used to fish the pond back in the mid seventies, there was a good sized shoal of Bream (which were difficult to catch!), there were Tench, Roach and Perch, for some reason all the species grew to really good sizes for a small pond:cool::cool:

I remember going in 1976 when we had the hottest summer i've ever known and all the fish were at the top, most were dead, some were gulping at the surface and in a very bad way, i never went after that so i don't know if any survived at all:(

At the same time someone had rolled a massive wooden spool into the pond (the kind that has the very thick high tension enectric cable on it) and there was speculation that the preservative in the wood had poisoned the fish but i think it was just the very low oxygen level due to the heatwave...

John:)

theres nothing in there !.....

it was full of fish in the 70s /80s used to fish it regulary a bayliff come round now and then or you could get a ticket in osgathorpe park from the putting green office .... Good old days