Playing games on Dell Inspiron 15

Hi everyone I want to get a laptop but dont really know much about them. I've seen this dell inspiron 15:

http://www1.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home/Dell-Laptops/inspiron-15-intel-n5010/pd.aspx?refid=inspiron-15-intel-n5010&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&~oid=uk~en~20211~inspiron-n5030_n00n5323~~

It seems a good price and looks nice but apart from going on the internet I want to be able to play some computer games but I'm not sure if I can do this on this laptop as theres a special section on the website for gaming laptops and they're really expensive!

Has anyone got one of these or know if the specs look ok to play games?

Hi everyone I want to get a laptop but dont really know much about them. I've seen this dell inspiron 15:

http://www1.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home/Dell-Laptops/inspiron-15-intel-n5010/pd.aspx?refid=inspiron-15-intel-n5010&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&~oid=uk~en~20211~inspiron-n5030_n00n5323~~

It seems a good price and looks nice but apart from going on the internet I want to be able to play some computer games but I'm not sure if I can do this on this laptop as theres a special section on the website for gaming laptops and they're really expensive!

Has anyone got one of these or know if the specs look ok to play games?

What sort of games are you wanting to play?

Edited by sidbobs

Avoid if you want to play any decent 3D games. It can't even run COD4 on low settings at a decent frame rate.

See here for a review of the graphics chipset it uses:

http://pcgamingcorner.com/wordpress/?p=820

It'll be ok for very old games, like you can get from GOG.com, or for some casual games that will run on low power hardware.

Edited by Ravenger

I like playing games like Civilization and SimCity things like that, if the old games like them will play on it then thats fine. Will it be ok? What would happen if I put in a game that was too new for it? Would it just not run or would it break the laptop?

The older 2D Civ games and simcity would be fine. Civ 5 would be a no-no, and maybe Civ IV wouldn't run that well either.

Modern games would either crash, or more likely run, very, very badly, i.e. unplayably slow with poor graphics.

Thanks for the help ravenger, there's another dell laptop thats a bit more expensive and it says this in the graphics section:

Standard ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD 4250

Is this better than the cheaper laptop or the same?

oops sorry it was logged in as my husband but its my message above!

Anything that has a dedicated Graphics chip is better than an Intel one. The next question is how much memory the ATi Radeon Chip has and what sort of processor is in the laptop and how much memory it has.

If you have the games you like playing the boxes/sleeves should stipulate minimum processor/graphics requirements.

swarfendor43