Campsites in the country?

Started camping last year and were really enjoying it. We like walking in the countryside and looking at castles, stone circles & any historical places really. We have been to birchwood farm in matlock & that's brill but wanted to go somewere diff this year. Do's any1 know anywere that's children safe/friendly & dog friendly please. At no more than £15 a night.??

lathkildale camp site at monyash bakewell is near arbor lowe massive stone circle (fallen)-The Arbor Low site - owned by English Heritage and locally known as the Stonehenge of the North, With magnificent views over the Derbyshire countryside and proximity to the Chatsworth and Haddon Estates,

you want to lookout for the camping sites offer that comes round in the news papers at 99p a nite we go to ivy house farm in boston they allow pets its a animal santuary place kids can do what they like the toilet block aint much to look at but its clean and theres showers too rabbits duck and the odd goat roam free as do the peacocks i dont thinks its more than a tena a night with electric hookup when the weather pics up we will be going again taking our bikes again as it is in middle of nowhere,.

Try Rivendale near Alsop-en-le-Dale in Derbyshire - http://www.rivendalecaravanpark.co.uk/

Great campsite, and there's a very interesting stone circle quite nearby - I can't remember the name (it might be Arbor Low as someone above mentioned, although it doesn't sound familiar) but it's marked on OS maps and signposted once you're in the area.

Barn Farm at Birchover is good, it's near Stanton Moor which has the Nine Ladies stone circle, it's not too far a drive to Arbor Low (mentioned earlier). At the other end of the village are the Druid Stones which are amazing, rooms and seats carved out of the rock, stunning views and a quality pub at the bottom of the path back down. Across the valley is Robin Hoods Stride, a fantastic natural rock formation that's great to climb on.

The site has very good facilities, but it is a little pricey.

Last year it was £7 per night for adults and £3.50 for children. It can get a bit overcrowded in peak season as it has alot of D of E camping there.

I forgot the Nine Ladies circle, I'd definitely recommend a visit there! Birchover is a lovely village as well, there are two very good pubs with great food and proper beer and a village shop that sells just about everything you could possibly want.

I'd be wary of staying at Barn Farm though - your opinion of it will depend very much on the type of campsites you like, it's a bit of a love it or hate it sort of place. We walked past it last summer and thought it looked awful, we like small, no-frills sites and Barn Farm is exactly the opposite of what we want in a campsite - it's very big and full of people playing music, kids running around and generally a lot of noise and activity, and it looked like tents were crowded in quite close together. I'm not being judgemental in any way because I know that what I want out of a camping trip isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's not always clear from reviews what a campsite is like and I'd hate for someone who likes quieter sites to end up at Barn Farm!

We stayed at Greenfields Farm just above Youlgrave (good walk across to Birchover, lots of interesting things to see) - http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/t/Greenfields-Farm-Bakewell-6807.htm. It's an EXTREMELY basic site but only £2 per person per night and we quite liked it. There are also a couple of others in that area - I'd definitely recommend staying around there and taking a walk across to Birchover.